1 Washington Capitals vs. 8 Montreal Canadiens
2 New Jersey Devils vs. 7 Philadelphia Flyers
3 Buffalo Sabres vs. 6 Boston Bruins
4 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. 5 Ottawa Senators

1 San Jose Sharks vs. 8 Colorado Avalanche
2 Chicago Blackhawks vs. 7 Nashville Predators
3 Vancouver Canucks vs. 6 Los Angeles Kings
4 Phoenix Coyotes vs. 5 Detroit Red Wings

Can’t wait. I’m glad the Bruins were able to not only make the playoffs but to also get as high of a seed as they did.

Glad that someone other than me was thinking to make a post about this. I am a huge hockey fan and could not be more excited for the playoffs this year.

I am a huge San Jose Sharks fan, and am expecting an appearance in the Cup finals at the very least. I think our top line of Thornton, Marleau, and Heatley is the best in the league. Hopefully we can get past the first round without a problem this year.

I think the most exciting first round match up has to be the Coyotes vs Red Wings, both teams are on fire, with one being fairly young and slick, and the other being battle tested and tough.

Go Habs!

Obviously rooting for the Hawks, can’t say I have much confidence in any of our goalies though… maybe Niemi.

coyotes win the cup callin it now

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:
Glad that someone other than me was thinking to make a post about this. I am a huge hockey fan and could not be more excited for the playoffs this year.

I am a huge San Jose Sharks fan, and am expecting an appearance in the Cup finals at the very least. I think our top line of Thornton, Marleau, and Heatley is the best in the league. Hopefully we can get past the first round without a problem this year.

I think the most exciting first round match up has to be the Coyotes vs Red Wings, both teams are on fire, with one being fairly young and slick, and the other being battle tested and tough.[/quote]

Awww man, a huge hockey fan and a huge SJ fan?? And you don’t even know that those 3 don’t consist of their top line?? (at least for 98.5% of the games??)

I’m a huge Detroit fan. With everyone healthy and Howard in net I’m expecting them again to make it to the Cup finals (Conference finals for sure). They’ve been red hot as of late and anyone who knows a hoot about hockey wouldn’t want their team playing Detroit right now. …a lil biased but hey, its true.

Predictions:
EAST
Capitals over Montreal in 5
Philadelphia over New Jersey in 6
Sabers over Boston in 6
Pittsburgh over Ottawa 7

WEST
Colorado over San Jose in 6
Chicago over Nashville 6
LA over Vancouver 6
Detroit over Phoenix 5

– pretty big long shots with phili and the avs but I never know what to think of NJ and SJ is always a disappointment this time of year. Im hoping they go far but Nabokov will have to step it up.

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

I think the most exciting first round match up has to be the Coyotes vs Red Wings, both teams are on fire, with one being fairly young and slick, and the other being battle tested and tough.[/quote]

Awww man, a huge hockey fan and a huge SJ fan?? And you don’t even know that those 3 don’t consist of their top line?? (at least for 98.5% of the games??)

I’m a huge hockey fan and a huge Detroit fan. With everyone healthy and Howard in net I’m expecting them again to make it to the Cup finals (Conference finals for sure). They’ve been red hot as of late and anyone who knows a hoot about hockey wouldn’t want their team playing Detroit right now. …a lil biased but hey, its true.
[/quote]

What are you talking about. Thornton, Marleau, and Heater lined up together for most of the season, McLellan just started mixing it up near the end of the season when we hit our skid. Don’t start the call outs.

And did you watch the Olympics? All they talked about was how prudent it was that they could just plug the Sharks line right into Team Canada, and their play only backed that fact up.

Detroit does look good, hopefully your older players still have some life in their legs. A Wings/Sharks match-up could be amazing down the road.

However, your prediction of the Avs in 6, which is flat out unintelligent, discredits any of your comments.

[quote]Split wrote:
Go Habs![/quote]

Go Habs Go!

Gotta support my native city.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:
And did you watch the Olympics? All they talked about was how prudent it was that they could just plug the Sharks line right into Team Canada, and their play only backed that fact up.
[/quote]

Questionably the most under performing players on team canada. Joe never seems to come through during important games… coming from a bruins fan. :wink:

I will laugh out loud if the sharks get bounced first round again. I feel bad about the phoenix/detroit match up. I wanted to see both teams go deeper as they both have a lot to be proud of this year.

Hopefully Savard is almost good to go, I guess we’ll see.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

I’m a huge hockey fan and a huge Detroit fan. With everyone healthy and Howard in net I’m expecting them again to make it to the Cup finals (Conference finals for sure). They’ve been red hot as of late and anyone who knows a hoot about hockey wouldn’t want their team playing Detroit right now. …a lil biased but hey, its true.
[/quote]

What are you talking about. Thornton, Marleau, and Heater lined up together for most of the season, McLellan just started mixing it up near the end of the season when we hit our skid. Don’t start the call outs.

Detroit does look good, hopefully your older players still have some life in their legs. A Wings/Sharks match-up could be amazing down the road.

However, your prediction of the Avs in 6, which is flat out unintelligent, discredits any of your comments.[/quote]

Ya what kind of intelligent person would predict the Sharks to choke in the playoffs. As if that would ever happen. Wait what?

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
Hopefully Savard is almost good to go, I guess we’ll see.[/quote]

Exactly why I’m glad we were able to get a high enough seed and are playing the Sabres first round. I think Savard would, if he does at all, come back the second round and I think they have a good shot at beating the Sabres.

Predictions
Washington over Montreal in 4
New Jersey over Philadelphia in 6
Boston over Buffalo in 6
Pittsburgh over Ottawa in 7 (although I’d love an upset here)

San Jose over Colorado in 6
Chicago over Nashville in 6
Vancouver over Los Angeles in 5
Detroit over Phoenix in 7

My boy Jeff Carter and his teamates have a huge hill to climb. Their goalie is inferior…period. They should give the Devils a good scare though. Maybe Briere can come up with some of his playoff magic again.

I was watching the Flyers game with his parents yesterday afternoon and his Dad called the shootout in the first five minutes of the game. He even had the right order of shooters, his boy was the next shooter if Boucher hadn’t come up with that huge save. I thought his Mom was going to puke from the tension lol. Beer did flow, what a relief.

Go Flyers

Go Pens

The comments about the Sharks choking in the first round are well deserved. I am just blocking them out and using the power of positive thinking to get them through the first round. I’ll let you guys know how it works.

Buffalo is my sleeper pick in the East, and the Coyotes are my sleeper pick in the West.

Sharks in 5 over the Avs. Colorado is just too young.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[/quote]

However, your prediction of the Avs in 6, which is flat out unintelligent, discredits any of your comments.[/quote]

Yeah I haven’t seen the Sharks play in a while but leading up to the Olympics those 3 never…and I mean never played together. They weren’t even the first PP line.

And take it from a Wings fan… never underestimate an 8th seed :stuck_out_tongue: we’ve been burned by them way too many times in the past. Also the Sharks on top right now so you’re always going to get heat from the guys from the bottom

Another year for my wings in the playoffs. 19 years in a row. i’m trying to Think of when the last time they opened up on the road… It all comes down to Howard. If he can keep solid, we’ll have another deep run. The Western conference is weird this year; a bunch of diffrent as hell teams. LA, Phoenix Colorado back in it. I think Nashville and Chicago is going 7.
Go Habs from the east. If Philli and Pit play again, I’m gonna puke.
Washington in 5
New Jersey in 6
Bruins in 7
Pens in 6

Sharks in 5
Hawks in 7
Canuks in 6
Wings in 6

Best time of year.

Pittsburgh is playing .500 hockey the last month and have been tooled by the Caps and Devils. I hope they can find that “on” switch that I keep hearing about.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[/quote]

Yes, hell ya go sharks!
Hope they don’t get upset like last time though…

CAPS CAPS CAPS!

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:

Hopefully Savard is almost good to go, I guess we’ll see.[/quote]

I think Savard is definitely a second round at best. They keep saying that he is getting better, but I don’t think he has even started full workouts yet. So second round at best. I would almost rather he not come back and just get better for next season and not come back too soon and get hurt again.