2010 NFL Thread

Super Bowl Predictions:

Cowboys and Jets

Thats if the Jets sign Revis I should add. And Sanchez does not have a sophmore slump.

I’ll go with Packers and Ravens if Reed and Boldin stay healthy.

I’m hoping the Chiefs can take a big leap forward and get to 7-9 or MAYBE 8-8 at a push.

I like the Ravens but they lost another corner back. There secondary has gotten real shaky and if they have to play the Colts for a big game, Peyton will kill them. Ravens offense is just not up to a big scoring team just yet.

Jets (pending whether Sanchez has a sophomore slump or not) and Saints (I believe in Brees!)

Sadly, I am an Eagles fan living in the upstate new york (Buffulo Bills territory), and was hoping we would keep McNabb and lose Andy Ried… now, I just don’t know what to do…

I like the Packers in the NFC but the AFC I’m still on the fence.

Anyone going to a game this year? I have tickets for the Bills vs Steelers Sunday Nov. 9th. My son and some friends will be taking a bus trip down. If anyone here is going to that game we should meet in the parking lot and swill some beer.

Seeing as this is the beginning of the thread I should inform all others that I am a Steeler fan through and through and have been forever. Got a shrine displaying the stuff I’ve collected over the years too. I draw the line at face painting lol.

[quote]bond james bond wrote:

Anyone going to a game this year? I have tickets for the Bills vs Steelers Sunday Nov. 9th. My son and some friends will be taking a bus trip down. If anyone here is going to that game we should meet in the parking lot and swill some beer.

Seeing as this is the beginning of the thread I should inform all others that I am a Steeler fan through and through and have been forever. Got a shrine displaying the stuff I’ve collected over the years too. I draw the line at face painting lol.

/quote]

Why the Packers? Just wondering. Are they going to win their division or wild card?
I wanted to go to the Cowboys and Texans game here in Houston, but the wife doesnt want to pay the $500+ for her and I to go. :frowning:

[quote]redstar144 wrote:
I’ll go with Packers and Ravens if Reed and Boldin stay healthy.

I’m hoping the Chiefs can take a big leap forward and get to 7-9 or MAYBE 8-8 at a push.[/quote]

Reed is already not healthy. He’ll be on the PUP list for a while.

Their secondary is a complete mess.

[quote]ShadowStrong wrote:
Sadly, I am an Eagles fan living in the upstate new york (Buffulo Bills territory), and was hoping we would keep McNabb and lose Andy Ried… now, I just don’t know what to do…[/quote]

Good riddance!

[quote]bond james bond wrote:

[/quote]

I’m a little bit of a fan myself.

My Super Bowl pick is the team that wins the AFC Championship Game vs. the team that wins the NFC Championship Game.

I really have no idea, but I’d like to see GB vs SD with Green Bay beating the hell out of Philip Rivers and winning one without Fahvruh.

Of course that is assuming the Steelers don’t make a run, since they are my perennial SB favorites.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Super Bowl Predictions:

Cowboys and Jets
[/quote]

So glad that this thread has been started. The NFL trumps any other sport on the planet, and I would rather watch the Hall of Fame game this weekend than almost anything else.

My 49ers are looking set to have a great season, and should dominate the NFC West.

As far as the Super Bowl?

I’ll take the New York Jets versus the Dallas Cowboys. That would be a great game to watch, and the NFL would be beside themselves ratings wise.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Super Bowl Predictions:

Cowboys and Jets
[/quote]

So glad that this thread has been started. The NFL trumps any other sport on the planet, and I would rather watch the Hall of Fame game this weekend than almost anything else.

My 49ers are looking set to have a great season, and should dominate the NFC West.

As far as the Super Bowl?

I’ll take the New York Jets versus the Dallas Cowboys. That would be a great game to watch, and the NFL would be beside themselves ratings wise.[/quote]

Yea man I thought you would have started this thread by now. I have been foaming at the mouth waiting for the season to start. Besides the birth of my kids or mounting the wife NFL beats all else. I also will have my ass in my homer devit of the couch for Sunday night.

By the way, Willis will shine as the best defensive player in the league this year, and should be a joy to watch as he punishes anybody trying to come up the middle of the field.

Oh yea and WC still waiting on that invite to the T-Nation Fantasy league.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:
By the way, Willis will shine as the best defensive player in the league this year, and should be a joy to watch as he punishes anybody trying to come up the middle of the field.[/quote]

Agreed but who is going to rush the passer. I think this D is still lacking a serius pass rusher.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[/quote]

I really like the way Singletary coaches. The team seems to respond to it very well.

I’m rooting for the Niners as well.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Oh yea and WC still waiting on that invite to the T-Nation Fantasy league. [/quote]

Just sent the invite. We have 8 in the league now and I would love if more people joined. PM me if you want to play some testosterone filled fantasy football!

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Oh yea and WC still waiting on that invite to the T-Nation Fantasy league. [/quote]

Just sent the invite. We have 8 in the league now and I would love if more people joined. PM me if you want to play some testosterone filled fantasy football![/quote]

Got it thanks man, the work firewall prevents yahoo’s fantasy football (fucking pisses me off) but I will get it done when I get home.

Steelers vs. Cowboys in the Superbowl. Steelers win 174 to -3. James Harrison breaks Tony Romo in half. At the end of the game Wade Phillips spontaneously explodes covering the field in goo, reminiscent of the Stay Puff Marshmallow scene in Ghostbusters. Then a giant crack in the earth opens up and sucks Jerry Jones down to hell where he is burned and raped by minotaurs for all eternity.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
Steelers vs. Cowboys in the Superbowl. Steelers win 174 to -3. James Harrison breaks Tony Romo in half. At the end of the game Wade Phillips spontaneously explodes covering the field in goo, reminiscent of the Stay Puff Marshmallow scene in Ghostbusters. Then a giant crack in the earth opens up and sucks Jerry Jones down to hell where he is burned and raped by minotaurs for all eternity.

[/quote]

Lol, that was good. But no big ben for at least the first 4 they are fucked this year. Just like a date rape. :slight_smile: