2010 NBA Playoffs

[quote]randman wrote:

[quote]aznt0rk wrote:
Shit, if the warriors could upset the mavs, durant and his team have a great chance.[/quote]

No, no they don’t.[/quote]
The mavs got swept by GSW I do believe.

Did anyone watch the Celtics and Heat game, particularly when KG elbowed richardson? What a cheap shot, and he runs away…

KG Suspended for Game 2 and Richardson fined 25 grand.

[quote]drewh wrote:

[quote]randman wrote:

[quote]aznt0rk wrote:
Shit, if the warriors could upset the mavs, durant and his team have a great chance.[/quote]

The mavs got swept by GSW I do believe.[/quote]

You are correct. The Lakers aren’t the Mavs and aren’t owned by Mark Cuban. An upset by OKC over LA will not happen under any circumstance unless Kobe, Gasol and Bynum all break their legs in the next game. Otherwise, not a chance. Not even close. So I will re-quote “durant and his team have a great chance” → No, no they don’t".

[quote]aznt0rk wrote:

Did anyone watch the Celtics and Heat game, particularly when KG elbowed richardson? What a cheap shot, and he runs away…

KG Suspended for Game 2 and Richardson fined 25 grand.[/quote]

Richardson should appeal that fine. It looked like he was going over there to make sure Pierce was alright and Garnett got to talking shit. Even after the 'bow he stayed pretty calm. That was a chickenshit move on KG’s part. Maybe he did it to get some rest?

Fuck the Mavs won game 1. To many Spur turnovers. If San An can get the next game then watch out people.

I think its time for KG to disappear from the league now. Theres is no room for this kind of B.S by a veteran player who USED to be dominant. Ill give him credit, hes a fighter but hes in disillusionment as to where his game is at. I have no problems with you talking smack and being a tough guy punk, but you have to back it up with your game. Thats why everyone turns a blind eye to Kobe’s dirty plays and LeBron’s dancing and Globetrotter dribbles. KG is a little pussy now and hes starting to piss people off. Remember the block of the year this reg season, Ginobli on Garnett? Manu fucked him out in every essence of REJECTION and the little punk KG just keeps laying on the ground pretending to be hurt. He was likely thinking “holy sht I just got fucked on, I didnt know they could do that in Argentina.” He was also pondering retirement I would bet.

Its also a shame people think Dwight Howard is anything more than a future regular on Saturday Night Live. Howard’s career will mimic Hakim’s career in terms of numbers expect he wont have any rings. People will continue to tout him as the best center in the league every year, even though they know he choked in the playoffs the season prior. It will be a cycle, until he gets Greg Odened or Olowakandized. Meanwhile Brandon Jennings, the best rookie this year will win a title in 5 years or less. I see a brightness around him which I dont see in Curry and Tyreke.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Fuck the Mavs won game 1. To many Spur turnovers. If San An can get the next game then watch out people.

I think its time for KG to disappear from the league now. Theres is no room for this kind of B.S by a veteran player who USED to be dominant. Ill give him credit, hes a fighter but hes in disillusionment as to where his game is at. I have no problems with you talking smack and being a tough guy punk, but you have to back it up with your game. Thats why everyone turns a blind eye to Kobe’s dirty plays and LeBron’s dancing and Globetrotter dribbles. KG is a little pussy now and hes starting to piss people off. Remember the block of the year this reg season, Ginobli on Garnett? Manu fucked him out in every essence of REJECTION and the little punk KG just keeps laying on the ground pretending to be hurt. He was likely thinking “holy sht I just got fucked on, I didnt know they could do that in Argentina.” He was also pondering retirement I would bet.

Its also a shame people think Dwight Howard is anything more than a future regular on Saturday Night Live. Howard’s career will mimic Hakim’s career in terms of numbers expect he wont have any rings. People will continue to tout him as the best center in the league every year, even though they know he choked in the playoffs the season prior. It will be a cycle, until he gets Greg Odened or Olowakandized. Meanwhile Brandon Jennings, the best rookie this year will win a title in 5 years or less. I see a brightness around him which I dont see in Curry and Tyreke.[/quote]

I get what you’re trying to say, but you’re out of your mind if you think Howards career numbers will match Olajuwons. They won’t touch Dreams numbers, and Dream did it during the best big man era in league history. Howard is basically the only true center in the league and he still has trouble finishing anything that’s not a dunk in some form, can’t shoot free throws and looks awkward with the ball in his hands. If this was the mid 90’s Howard would play pf. He’s basically Kevin Willis with longer arms.

Good round of first games this weekend. Thunder held it in single digits pretty much all second half, but couldn’t quite take over. KD and Green looked tight in their first playoff game, Westbrook is insane, he’s quickly developing into one of the five best PGs in the L. I knew the size would be an issue, but the team shot pretty bad as well. They’ll make adjustments and be ready for Game 2.

KG with the cheap shot completely uncalled for. His suspension serves him right.

Tough break for UTA with Okur tearing his Achilles. Along with being down 0-1, makes the road ahead even tougher.

And props to POR beating PHX on the road without B-Roy. Andre Miller had a revival at the right time.

Postseason off to a good start!

[quote]drewh wrote:

[quote]randman wrote:

[quote]aznt0rk wrote:

The mavs got swept by GSW I do believe.[/quote]

4-2 GSW, not a sweep. But the way GSW was playing, it might as well been a sweep.

Strungoutboy21 made reference to an point regarding the seven-game first round series as opposed to five the NBA used to do.

Which is better, five-game or seven-game first round series?

Thoughts/comments?

Looks like MY LAKERS flipped the so-called “switch” today boys. Bynum lookin absolutely NASTY-WIT-IT.

CLE - COME SEE US.

Lakeshow ftw

They definitely aren’t carrying any momentum into the playoffs, but I know they will pull it together for the next 4 rounds.

I’m agreeing w nate. I want Cleveland.

Cleveland is comin for ya buddy.

and after shelling out a few more dollars this year… we got what we need to take care of ya nice and good like.

[quote]tmoney1 wrote:

And props to POR beating PHX on the road without B-Roy. Andre Miller had a revival at the right time.

Postseason off to a good start!

[/quote]

Yup, very surprised by the blazers taking game one. NBA Playoff stats says Game 1 winners have gone to win best of 7 series 79% of the time. If this holds true for the blazers it will be interesting to see them in the 2nd round.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Richardson should appeal that fine. It looked like he was going over there to make sure Pierce was alright and Garnett got to talking shit. Even after the 'bow he stayed pretty calm. That was a chickenshit move on KG’s part. Maybe he did it to get some rest?[/quote]

Exactly, cant believe how Richardson was so calm after getting tagged how he did.

Also love the KG suspension. So tired of this knucklehead version of him, maybe it’s time to start blaming the leprechaun for bringing on this nonsense we never saw back in MIN.

okc might get swept, but they have 2 great stars to build their team around. I definitely didn’t realize west brook was that dangerous. If they help him get a jump shop, and get some big men and a sharp shooter they could be good enough to contend for the title in a few years.

Fuck yeah!!! the Mavs won game 1!!!

Meanwhile Brandon Jennings, the best rookie this year will win a title in 5 years or less. I see a brightness around him which I dont see in Curry and Tyreke.[/quote]

Fixed your post :]

And not to turn this into a ROY thread, but I don’t like Brandon Jennings. He is inconsistent and bricks wide open shots, and he has a big fucking mouth. He started this season off with good numbers and they slowly dropped off. He picked it up after the ASG I will give him that. I believe if it weren’t for that 55 point night and all the publicity that came with it he would not be the front runner for ROY. Tyreke Evans had better numbers (yes I realize he plays on a worse team) and he is the only 1 of the 3 really capable of creating his own shot. I like Steph Curry the most of the 3, he reminds me of Reggie Miller, but he’s sort of like the honorable mention in the ROY race imo.

[quote]overstand wrote:

Fuck yeah!!! the Mavs won game 1!!!

Meanwhile Brandon Jennings, the best rookie this year will win a title in 5 years or less. I see a brightness around him which I dont see in Curry and Tyreke.[/quote]

Fixed your post :]

And not to turn this into a ROY thread, but I don’t like Brandon Jennings. He is inconsistent and bricks wide open shots, and he has a big fucking mouth. He started this season off with good numbers and they slowly dropped off. He picked it up after the ASG I will give him that. I believe if it weren’t for that 55 point night and all the publicity that came with it he would not be the front runner for ROY. Tyreke Evans had better numbers (yes I realize he plays on a worse team) and he is the only 1 of the 3 really capable of creating his own shot. I like Steph Curry the most of the 3, he reminds me of Reggie Miller, but he’s sort of like the honorable mention in the ROY race imo. [/quote]

Did you really just say Evans is the only one of those 3 that can create his own shot? Do you even watch basketball? Jennings gets his shot anytime he wants, gets anywhere he wants to when he wants to and creates for others as well. He also might be the fastest guy in the league. His low fg% has nothing to do with his being defended well, it has to do with a skinny kid who hit the wall early, but pushed through and got himself back on track. With a little strength and maturity those open misses become wet. It’s that simple. Also, Evans is far and away the frontrunner for ROY. Also, Steph Curry plays NOTHING like Reggie Miller. Again, do you even watch basketball?

Bulls suck. I hope they get swept to shut my friends up. 2 more games. Go Cavs.

Lets go HEAT!!

Heat win today go back to Miami 1-1.

Most likely heading back to Boston 2-2.

Home court advantage wins :frowning:

D-WADE ALL DAY, WELCOME TO WADE COUNTY

Whats going on with the game today?

I think its significantly different to what it used to be. I totally agree with some sentiments expressed by posters in this thread about the NBA becoming more guard oriented. The age of the big man and the low post are swirling behind us. The league is becoming a metaphor for Magic’s Showtime; the versatile player whos speed is more important than his strength. You don’t just feel the changed atmosphere from viewing the games, you feel it by looking at the players themselves. They’re smaller, less muscular and less physically opposing. We can use Kevin Durant as the major generalization here for the new-age NBA player. Skinny, quick and offensive dynamite. Back in the day I remember J.R Rider, Harold Miner, and “Mama” Johnson. These dudes looked big and tough.

Ultimately, does it matter? I don’t think it does because the product is strong. I think its becoming more entertaining and the pace of the game is evolving to become quicker. Maybe its because I love lifting and this is a forum about muscle that I generally like basketball with the centers and power fowards playing more prominent roles. Its kind of fun because you get the strategy of the game, you know that if a big man is on fire the opposition is in trouble. They gotta foul him now, double team and maybe even hack a shack. You also get those moments of intensity in more pronounced packages. Today, because the game is so quick players really arne’t bumping and shoving like they used to and the emotions that I know exist arne’t as readily spewed onto the court.

{Don’t use KG as an example though, what he did was outside the realm of play, he was being an idiot.}