2010 Draft

Skins need to pick up Okung

[quote]thefederalist wrote:
Reggie Bush benches 450. So do several college running backs. Some of these guys bench over 300 in the 11th grade. Check rivals once in a while and this stuff will surprise you a lot less.

As proof: Rivals.com

Bull. Fucking. Shit. He benched 225 24 times I believe. I’ve read on several sites that his max is 335-355, which sounds way more believable. Not saying that some of these dudes aren’t freakishly strong, but when you’ve been in the weightroom with athletes and see what passes as “good form” or hear how much someone lifts and then see said lift, you learn to not believe everything you hear.

^^ I basically said the same thing. Any miami fans on here? What about Brandon? Any Denver fans what do you think you are going to do? Sorry I hate it when there is no football, my other passion besides lifting.

Alot of experts point to a player that really put those performance centers on the map. He played for the Eagles, can’t remember his name, linebacker I think. His combine numbers were off the charts, however his game tape was not. A can’t miss pick, or so they thought.

Just read an article about John Gruden telling Colt McCoy to lose his accent. He asked Colt to break a play down. After he does Gruden say’s “great, I got about 30% of what you said” lol.

Some players make huge steps when they get around better coaching.

How do you guys feel about the first round being on primetime TV Thursday. I likey but the hype and production will annoying. We’ll see.

Slightly off topic but what is the cut-off date for kids to play pop warner football?
The reason I ask is that I just finished reading Outliers(facinating bookbtw)majority players in the NHL are born in the months of Jan, Feb and March. The cut-off date here is Jan 2. Same with soccer in Europe, there cut off date is Sept 2 so a majority of players are born in Oct, Nov and Dec. I’m curious to know if it carrys over to football.

Not trying to hi-jack just need a date please.

Mike Mamula. Dont like the Thursday messes with my BBQ schedule for Sat. I have heard about the outliers, however I really dont think it matters as much for football. Most pop warner go by weights so doesnt matter when a kid was born the weight is what matters.

The 49ers just traded for Ted Ginn Jr., looks like CJ Spiller might not be in our plans anymore.

Yeah, I love the draft and am a Cowboys fan as well. Agree we need the OL and FS bad, would like to see two OL picks actually. Past that we need a WR, CB, K, ILB, and possibly a NT if one falls in our lap. I could see us trading down, but hopefully we can land Mike Utopia in the first and pick up Morgan Burnett in the second.

Burnett might be there in the third, and if we could trade out of the second, land two extra thirds and grab Burnett, Jordan Shipley, and Brandon Spikes, I would be very happy. Jerry loves to wheel and deal so it should be a fun weekend.

Wait, just re-read the whole thread. Someone doesn’t think a 4.3 is impressive? even for a CB those numbers are pretty spectacular. Most people’s 40 times you hear about, not professionally measured, are a load of BS.

[quote]Hcompany wrote:
Wait, just re-read the whole thread. Someone doesn’t think a 4.3 is impressive? even for a CB those numbers are pretty spectacular. Most people’s 40 times you hear about, not professionally measured, are a load of BS.[/quote]

Yea sub 4.4 speed is considered elite by any scout in the NFL.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
^^ I basically said the same thing. Any miami fans on here? What about Brandon? Any Denver fans what do you think you are going to do? Sorry I hate it when there is no football, my other passion besides lifting.[/quote]

Fuck Marshall. I used to like him because of his ability, but he was always a little baby. And he will still act like he deserves everything in Miami.

I want Denver to beef up the O-Line for run blocking and implement Moreno more.

Jacoby Ford did a post graduate year at the military school I attended, so I am really excited to see where he goes. I’m pretty sure he had the fastest 40 time in several years. Not going to be a pro bowler or anything, but I hope he makes a career for himself.

[quote]USMCpoolee wrote:
Jacoby Ford did a post graduate year at the military school I attended, so I am really excited to see where he goes. I’m pretty sure he had the fastest 40 time in several years. Not going to be a pro bowler or anything, but I hope he makes a career for himself.[/quote]

Jacoby Ford ran a 4.28 which is blazing fast, the next closest player this year was Jahvid Best with a 4.35.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]USMCpoolee wrote:
Jacoby Ford did a post graduate year at the military school I attended, so I am really excited to see where he goes. I’m pretty sure he had the fastest 40 time in several years. Not going to be a pro bowler or anything, but I hope he makes a career for himself.[/quote]

Jacoby Ford ran a 4.28 which is blazing fast, the next closest player this year was Jahvid Best with a 4.35.[/quote]

Yea I thought it was something like that. I was playing varsity football and he was playing post grad, during out pre-season workouts and tests all the players on his team were saying he ran a 4.2 flat. Granted it was a few years back with about 20 pounds less body weight on him, and I just heard about it, didnt actually see it. He did some incredible stuff on the field.

If anyone is interested in high school football (outside of Texas and Fl and Cali) check out Fork Union Military Academy. Two Heisman winners are alumni.

All I know is the Chargers need a DT with their first pick and a RB with their second pick. They got a great deal when they swapped 2nd round picks with the Seahawks because they took Whitehurst off our hands.

Should be interesting since the draft starts on Thursday and not on Saturday.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

Reggie Bush benches 450. So do several college running backs. Some of these guys bench over 300 in the 11th grade. Check rivals once in a while and this stuff will surprise you a lot less.

[/quote]

Bull. Fucking. Shit. He benched 225 24 times I believe. I’ve read on several sites that his max is 335-355, which sounds way more believable. Not saying that some of these dudes aren’t freakishly strong, but when you’ve been in the weightroom with athletes and see what passes as “good form” or hear how much someone lifts and then see said lift, you learn to not believe everything you hear.[/quote]

An elite athlete with ordinary stats is more unbelieveable to me then reggie bush benching 450. I’ve seen guys who didn’t make it to the league bench close to 400 under 200lbs. In 2006 an already strong guy he did bench 225 23 times at a weight of 190, and maxed out at 335. Your telling me after 3 years of being in the league focusing on diet and training and gaining 35lbs of muscle with a trainer you don’t think he could get up to 450?

Despite this I think worrying about bush’s bench and being impressed by it or a corner over running a 4.3 40 is kind of silly. That means they probably focused on benching far too long and slacked up in another skill that could help them much more. Which is what it seemed like reggie did last year when he improved his most of his wieght room numbers, and his physique to the point he was modeling with his girlfriend and on every magazine cover. I hope he realized this since he seemed to have dumped her, and lost 20 lbs. Although I’d much rather be hitting her from the back and getting all my money in non contact endorsements than having 300lb+ linemen jumping on me.

Three more days, three more days. At least will have some type of football programming. Then death until August.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[/quote]

Bull. Fucking. Shit. He benched 225 24 times I believe. I’ve read on several sites that his max is 335-355, which sounds way more believable. Not saying that some of these dudes aren’t freakishly strong, but when you’ve been in the weightroom with athletes and see what passes as “good form” or hear how much someone lifts and then see said lift, you learn to not believe everything you hear.[/quote]

An elite athlete with ordinary stats is more unbelieveable to me then reggie bush benching 450. I’ve seen guys who didn’t make it to the league bench close to 400 under 200lbs. In 2006 an already strong guy he did bench 225 23 times at a weight of 190, and maxed out at 335. Your telling me after 3 years of being in the league focusing on diet and training and gaining 35lbs of muscle with a trainer you don’t think he could get up to 450?

Despite this I think worrying about bush’s bench and being impressed by it or a corner over running a 4.3 40 is kind of silly. That means they probably focused on benching far too long and slacked up in another skill that could help them much more. Which is what it seemed like reggie did last year when he improved his most of his wieght room numbers, and his physique to the point he was modeling with his girlfriend and on every magazine cover. I hope he realized this since he seemed to have dumped her, and lost 20 lbs. Although I’d much rather be hitting her from the back and getting all my money in non contact endorsements than having 300lb+ linemen jumping on me. [/quote]

I think this just sheds light on how over examined the NFL combine has become. The fact that a player can finish the season as a top 5 prospect and then proceed to slip to the end of the first round as a result of the combine is simply absurd.

How many times is a player going to bench press someone on the field? How often is a player going to get to sprint 40 yards? Given these tests may help shed some light on a players potential, I think they extremely overrated.

Players should be judged on their tape and on their stats, and then adjusted for the conferences they played in and their mental makeup.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Three more days, three more days. At least will have some type of football programming. Then death until August. [/quote]

I have been bitching since the superbowl… I feel the same way as you

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[/quote]

Despite this I think worrying about bush’s bench and being impressed by it or a corner over running a 4.3 40 is kind of silly. That means they probably focused on benching far too long and slacked up in another skill that could help them much more. Which is what it seemed like reggie did last year when he improved his most of his wieght room numbers, and his physique to the point he was modeling with his girlfriend and on every magazine cover. I hope he realized this since he seemed to have dumped her, and lost 20 lbs. Although I’d much rather be hitting her from the back and getting all my money in non contact endorsements than having 300lb+ linemen jumping on me. [/quote]

I think this just sheds light on how over examined the NFL combine has become. The fact that a player can finish the season as a top 5 prospect and then proceed to slip to the end of the first round as a result of the combine is simply absurd.

How many times is a player going to bench press someone on the field? How often is a player going to get to sprint 40 yards? Given these tests may help shed some light on a players potential, I think they extremely overrated.

Players should be judged on their tape and on their stats, and then adjusted for the conferences they played in and their mental makeup.[/quote]

I agree but this is all speculation. Remember last year when Andre Smith was dropping like a stone on the draft board and was taken 6 overall. Coaches and GM’s dont really watch NFL network and ESPN to get prospect updates. It just makes good drama.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[/quote]

Players should be judged on their tape and on their stats, and then adjusted for the conferences they played in and their mental makeup.[/quote]

I agree but this is all speculation. Remember last year when Andre Smith was dropping like a stone on the draft board and was taken 6 overall. Coaches and GM’s dont really watch NFL network and ESPN to get prospect updates. It just makes good drama.[/quote]

I think this is true for guys from big name schools, but I don’t know about the small schools. I think GM’s and recruits think they only look good because of the competition.