2010 Crossfit Games - Live Video

[quote]ryanjm wrote:
But there isn’t any other competition for simply “fitness” other than crossfit, so until then I think it’s a pretty fair statement.[/quote]

olympic decathlon like i said in my previous post.

[quote]gregron wrote:
What I’m saying is that these guys who are big and jacked didnt get that way from crossfit. They got that way from being oly lifters, or college football players who never made it professionally. They’ve built a huge base with traditional weight lifting routines and now transferred over to crossfit.

your post didnt really address my post but just brought up other points. What I was saying was talking about the OP’s statement about the guys he see’s on this live stream not being small.[/quote]

Yeah, I totally agree. Seeing as the average guy competing is probably mid/late twenties, there’s no way any of them have gotten into the shape they’re in by doing crossfit since it’s only been widely known about for 4-5 years. However, maybe 4-5 years from now we will have people competing in this who got big simply by training crossfit and eating well.

Also, many of these guys have posted numbers in many of the major lifts that have gone up a lot in the last couple of years just by doing crossfit.

It’s still gay. You can’t polish shit.

To each his own.

What they’re doing definitely isn’t easy, but I feel like I’m watching more of a test of overall endurance rather than strength.

Though I am definitely using this as an argument to how the sexes aren’t equal - “men use X weight, women use X weight minus 30.”

(note, I’m not a misogynist I’m just a dick)

[quote]CapnObvious wrote:
Though I am definitely using this as an argument to how the sexes aren’t equal - “men use X weight, women use X weight minus 30.”

(note, I’m not a misogynist I’m just a dick)[/quote]

Fixed.

I agree that this is a pretty good test of generalized overall fitness and I have no problem considering the winner the ‘fittest man/woman alive’

The more I watch, the more I agree. I had only watched one of the team heats prior, and all I was seeing was dudes failing at muscleups and chicks throwing a medicine ball at a wall.

Now its on individualized heats, so they’re OHP and squatting and shit. Good enough for me.

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
Check this link, The girl in #1 is Emily Riddel. She is my good buddies younger sister.

She recently did overhead squat with 140 for 3 reps.

games.crossfit.com/blog/2010/03/ncsc_sectional_day_1_results,174/[/quote]

Nice thighs.

media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFit_AgainFaster_Carolina_EmilyRiddell.wmv

[quote]CapnYousef wrote:
What they’re doing definitely isn’t easy, but I feel like I’m watching more of a test of overall endurance rather than strength.
[/quote]

thats why they say “fittest person on the planet”… crossfit is all about overall fitness. It really does combine strength, speed, power and endurance. Its a good program if it fits into your fitness goals but you’re not going to get “Hyyooooooouuuge!” by doing crossfit only.

I think thats why it gets hated on sometimes on this site… because its a bodybuilding site ya know?

Ok, the commentators were annoying originally but now they’re just bored - they’re poking fun at what they’ve been saying all day. Before it was all about how this all applies to real life (which I see to an extent, one day everyone will have to climb a fence etc etc but never a 10 foot wall or 20 foot rope), now they’re joking about how they do this shit in their every day life when they fight crime with their utility belts.

Props to the dudes practically falling on their faces while on the ropes due to fatigue, though

Over under on Kristan Clever being a transgender competitor? She’s the small asian woman who is crushing the competition by a huge margin. It’s not even close.

hahaha yeah she was looking pretty man-ish but that tall ginger chick was hot.

Did anyone just see that dude climb the rope with just his hands because he wanted one rope climb under his belt, and just fell on his ass after? That was too fucking funny.

Lol yeah. Props for He-man’ing it up there though.

[quote]ryanjm wrote:
Lol yeah. Props for He-man’ing it up there though.[/quote]

so what crossfit gym do you belong to ryan?

anyone still watching? How fucking hot was that blonde girl doing thrusters? OMFG

^^none. I used to do it a couple of years ago. Same gym that the guy who won went to though in Columbus.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
Did anyone just see that dude climb the rope with just his hands because he wanted one rope climb under his belt, and just fell on his ass after? That was too fucking funny.[/quote]

Sadly, that cost him first place and he was pretty close to a shoe in.

Anyone who kicked a shit load of ass at all of this… IMHO has the right to say he is one of the fittest people on the planet.

games2010.crossfit.com/blog/2010/07/individual-events-announced,669/

Those events test a shit load of capacities especially so many events over 3 days. Dealing with massive volume over 3 days, heavy stuff, tons of reps, odd objects, gymnastic movements/body control, etc.

I can see the olympic decathalon being up there as well… obviously those guys are extremely fit in various things too.

Climbing a 20’ rope with no hands… 7-8 times… no problem… doing it last after 3 days of shit and back to back to back events with no rest… pretty amazing he was able to do it.

Even though he pretty much had it in his pocket… I’m honestly a tiny bit happy he didn’t win cause he 1. didn’t train that or 2. wasn’t able to figure it out while watching his fellow competitors since it really isn’t that hard

the guys who medaled in the Masters division were in some insane shape! Those old dudes looked awesome! (no homo)

The guy who got first for the regular mens division looked like an average in shape dude at almost any gym (granted I only saw him in the finals and he never took his shirt off but he didnt look like much with a shirt on. Second place guy and even third looked like they lifted)