201 Tempo for Mass?

I need help, desperately. I have the problem to not being able to use any other lifting speed besides 2010, or 10X0.

I am not kidding you, it is impossible for me, and after 1 year, using T-mag’s training programs, i only lost 5 pounds of fat. And didn’t gain squat.

I don’t care if I have to do sets of 2 reps, or sets of 20. I don’t care if I have to do 200, 300, or 1000 total work reps per muscle group for the week, i don’t care if i have to train 3 days in a row.

I need help, desperately. So if you have a program for growth, quick mass, with a 2010 tempo in ALL of the exercises, please send it over to me.

Ok, let’s get more specific.

What programs?
What have you been eating, how often?
Do you cheat? with what? how often?

Do you have a training partner? they do help in pushing your limits.

Do you have protein at all 6+ meals?
Do you have a PWO P+C?
Do you feel you really try 100% to make gains?

Do you sleep well? Stress?

How much do you weigh? how much BF%? what is your caloric intake? do you keep a food log?

There’s allot more to it than lifting temp…personally, there’s only one tempo:

Bring the weight down slowly, under control, and explode! Lifting as fast as possible.

[quote]louisluthor wrote:
I am not kidding you, it is impossible for me, and after 1 year, using T-mag’s training programs, i only lost 5 pounds of fat. And didn’t gain squat.

I need help, desperately. So if you have a program for growth, quick mass, with a 2010 tempo in ALL of the exercises, please send it over to me.[/quote]

Quite frankly, I don’t believe you when you say “impossible”.

“If we do what we’ve always
done, we’ll get what we’ve always gotten.”

Either put the legwork in to make the change, or bring in somebody knowledgable and experienced that can help you initiate the change. If I can vary tempos with my little, weak female clients without problem, then I would hope you can make the change. I would honestly go so far as to hire a trainer (check their creds first) to help set you right if you don’t want to do it yourself.

T-Nation is bursting with great programs, it’s the application that lets you reach your goals. You can get plenty of programs with only such-and-such tempo or rep range, but you need to make it happen.

Furthermore, if you were lifting intensely all year, and only lost 5 pounds of fat (as you estimate) and gained no muscle, your diet was a much bigger issue than your training. [/kick in the ass]

Ok, stop getting so confused with the details. There are two ways to get big, and you can combine both.

You need to add up to 600-500 seconds of T.U.T: for each muscle group, in a weekly cycle. If you take a good look at GVT, you get 6 seconds of T.U.T. per rep, and do 100 reps once a week for each bodypart. For arms, you use a tempo of 302, hence, a 5-second T.U.T. per rep.

Use the Timed Sets. Train 3 times a week, using 5-7 sets of 20-40 seconds per session ( you are adding up to 200 seconds per session more or less) and adding up to 600-500 seconds of TUT per week. One small thing: let the load tell you how fast you should move, so any tempo can be good between X0X and 20X.

After using this method for 3 weeks, move on to Isometric/Dynamic contrast. Simply do sets of 10 reps, using a 20X tempo, with a twist: at the middle of the negative phase, take a pause. The first paused rep should have a pause of 10 seconds, and the last paused rep a pause no less than 2. Only 1 out of 2 reps has a pause, so alternate between normal reps and paused reps.

Each set will get you a TUT of 50-60 seconds. Perform 12-15 sets per week, in 2 or 3 sessions. I would only recommend 10-12 sets at best, even only 8 for hardgainers or skinny guys, since 12-15 is more suited for people who have some fat and want lean body mass gains.

Also, for both of the emthods, Timed Sets and Isometric/Dynamic contrast, you should rest 60 seconds between sets, even down to 30 in the Timed Sets for people who are interested in burnign some fat.