T Nation

200mg Test Cyp/Week - Waiting

I've been on 200mg of test cyp weekly now for about three weeks, and the general consensus seems to be that it takes 6-8 weeks for test cyp. to really kick in and for levels to stabilize. I was curious if anyone every did anything to eh, kickstart that stabilization with say..something that acts a lot faster like suspension or proviron. I'm just curious.

Thanks in advance.

Personally I felt benefits almost immediately after starting TRT. I don’t know if it was placebo or not, but definitely felt a better sense of being, and what not.

I did frontload the first dose, so I don’t know if that helps.

But in the grand scheme of things, since this is for life, I don’t see any need to introduce other compounds.

[quote]FightingIrish wrote:
I’ve been on 200mg of test cyp weekly now for about three weeks, and the general consensus seems to be that it takes 6-8 weeks for test cyp. to really kick in and for levels to stabilize. I was curious if anyone every did anything to eh, kickstart that stabilization with say…something that acts a lot faster like suspension or proviron. [/quote]

I don’t know if I too felt a placebo effect, but i had a surge within 10 minutes of my first shot at doctors office. I had been on AndroGel for nine months prior but I actually felt a “kick” after the first 2-3 times I received T injection and within about 7-10 minutes of shot.

I find it difficult to believe it was just in my head.

But…

[quote]FightingIrish wrote:
I’ve been on 200mg of test cyp weekly now for about three weeks, and the general consensus seems to be that it takes 6-8 weeks for test cyp. to really kick in and for levels to stabilize. I was curious if anyone every did anything to eh, kickstart that stabilization with say…something that acts a lot faster like suspension or proviron. I’m just curious.

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

200 mgs is too much to start out with
40 mgs 2 times is what I have been recommending to Drs depending on certain variables. After 5 weeks retest then adjust. People are overdoing test to compensate for other imbalance in the body. When you have the immune, thyroid, adrenals, GI tuned up then testosterone can be significantly reduced…