2009 Worlds

I’ve been there and watched yesterday and today competitions(62kg men A, 48kg women A, 53kg women B, 69kg men B, 53kg women A).
Those were pretty enjoyable, especially 53kg women group A comp.
After watching the snatch session, I was pretty sure that China girl(Chen Xiaoting) would get whole 3 gold medals but after I saw Zulfiya, from Kaz, clean&jerking, I completely changed my bet.
Her quadriceps were dominating other competitors and she cleaned easily 129kg at age 16, doh!

Zulfiya was awesome in the C&J. Cleaned equal to the WR like it was 60kg.

You see the misload in the 48s?

Unfortunately I was sitting at the left side corner, I couldn’t recognize misload. :frowning:
I think Miss Wang could handle C&J 118kg in her normal condition, but that misload was claimed too late, after about 5 or 10 min of discussion, so she couldn’t be fully prepared only in 7min warm-up.

[quote]ninearms wrote:
TheJonty wrote:
EB2012 wrote:
Rybakou is out?! He was on the first entry list posted with 375. Lu Yong world standard entry total?!!

I thought Lu’s entry total was 385 . . . ?

It is now, but it was 395 on the earlier lists.

Chinese lifters scraped by in the 62s by virtue of better snatching, but got beaten in the C&J by the Indonesian Irawan who took the C&J gold (very fast feet) and the Taipei lifter in the B group who took silver. Ding ended up taking the overall gold (146/170), Irawan silver (140/175) and Yang the bronze (144/170). Both Chinese lifters opened up very heavy and that was pretty much the limit for them. Ding struggled to recover his opening clean and the jerk was ragged, couldn’t stand with his second, then stood up with the same weight for his 3rd but it took too much out of him and he missed the jerk.[/quote]

I managed to record some of the 56’s. So I saw the Chinese Snatch and most of the end of the C&J’s. Nearly got 169kg! SICK

Disappointed int he 62’s C&J. Irawan was the highlight for me! More so due to him coming up from the 56’s and smashing a Gold and Silver! Completely different build from the Chinese guys. Muscle up out of the Clean but it wasn’t ridiculously tough, and ALL business on the Jerk. SOOOOO strong and convincing over head on the Jerk. NO ISSUES at all. Just super strong overhead. Back foot was straightish but just super strong over head. VERY VERY wide on the Snatch recieve with his feet that I think caused him to miss his 3rd Snatch.

Chinese did start very heavy and didn’t perform as well as they could. More so Yang as he did 177 at the Chinese Nationals but Ding got 170 and managed 171 at the Nationals, so thats not bad at all.

spoilers:

69s were disappointing. Dabayah bombing out :(, all very close but not quite, he definitely had it in him but just didn’t steady it over head like he normally does.

The Chiense guy made weight with 30seconds to go!!! Crazy!!!1 68.92kg! His Snatch was amazing, ropey first Clean for whatever reason, made the 2nd one SOOOO easily and stuck the Jerk. Won on account of his 3-4kg on the Snatch and 5kg on C&J. Casual.

Roll on the 77s!

Koing

Martirosyan or Dajin tomorrow? Or a suprise winner??

[quote]hatesmiles wrote:
Martirosyan or Dajin tomorrow? Or a suprise winner??[/quote]

I’m going to go with one of the Koreans (Sa or Kim), although I’m curious to see Matirosyan lift as a 77

[quote]dfreezy wrote:
hatesmiles wrote:
Martirosyan or Dajin tomorrow? Or a suprise winner??

I’m going to go with one of the Koreans (Sa or Kim), although I’m curious to see Matirosyan lift as a 77

[/quote]

I HATE to say that Maritrosyan isn’t good under pressure, BUT every time he lifts in anything bigger then the euros, he disappoints.

I really hope he wins though!

HHHOOOLLLYYYY SHIIITTTTT! I picked 2 and 3 but number one was someone else! New WR in the total and snatch, LU Xiaojun, that was totally amazing performance.

[quote]hatesmiles wrote:
HHHOOOLLLYYYY SHIIITTTTT! I picked 2 and 3 but number one was someone else! New WR in the total and snatch, LU Xiaojun, that was totally amazing performance.[/quote]

no doubt, amazing job, i was a big plamin jelazkov fan so im sad to see his WR total broken.

Great results by the armenian to

Videos courtesy of CCTV for those of who aren’t lucky enough to get Eurosport:
http://web.search.cctv.com/prosearch.php?page=1&q=举重&chnl=&powersearch=&day_1=&day_2=&sort=date&db=video

dfreezy to the rescue!

thx for the link

LU Xiaojun was IMMENSE with his ridiculous Squat Jerk! Just amazing to watch his Snatch and his Clean and Squat Jerk, too bad on the C&J WR attempt.

Roll on the 85’s tomorrow!

Koing

Lu also only started lifting at 18 after making the switch from being a 200m sprinter. Sa was robbed on the 212 jerk though.

Women’s 63kg today was awesome.

[quote]ninearms wrote:
Lu also only started lifting at 18 after making the switch from being a 200m sprinter. Sa was robbed on the 212 jerk though.

Women’s 63kg today was awesome.[/quote]

Your shitting me?! Only switched from when he was 18? wtf?! He must have been at least a half decent 200m sprinter? But either way he is a great build for lifting and it would explain his f0cking ripness! He can still pack on 630g!!!

Sa was a bit robbed but he didn’t get a down signal, well if it was I couldn’t hear that well on the tv. He never really had it under control but I’ve seen A LOT WORSE GIVEN!

Like Alveraz in the 69’s he had his 1st failed the 2nd was given but it was pretty much near identical and the 3rd given also…

Koing

[quote]Koing wrote:
Sa was a bit robbed but he didn’t get a down signal, well if it was I couldn’t hear that well on the tv. He never really had it under control but I’ve seen A LOT WORSE GIVEN!
[/quote]

Yup, Illin’s 2nd snatch in Beijing being a case in point. When you get three whites for dumping the bar because your elbow’s about to dislocate and no amount of running backwards is going to save it you know something’s up.

Kim was looking pale as hell though… was he sick or something?

I didn’t watch the 94s in Beijing :frowning:

Koing

[quote]Neospartan wrote:
Kim was looking pale as hell though… was he sick or something?[/quote]

He always looks like that. He’s a 2/6 lifter at the best of times.

Thanks dfreezy!!

Thanks dfreezy!

Was it just me or did Lu Xiaojun just dump the bar on the 211kg attempt out of respect? He cleaned it so easily he seemed stable I don’t get why he didn’t try to jerk it.