2009 Olympia Preview

While the Olympia is 6 months away, in light of tonight’s Arnold, things should be real interesting…

Is Dexter a one hit wonder?

Can Jay regain the crown?

Will this be the year the Phil Heath era begins as Mr. O?

Can Kai continue with his winning ways against all odds?

Do Toney, Vic, and Wolf finally live up to their potential?

Will Branch get the props he deserves?

Vic will come back with even better condition and thicker thighs!

Of course Kai has a great chance to win the O, especially now.

Dexter is done, sorry.

Its not Wolf’s year yet and Toney needs to add more mass.

Its between Heath, Kai and Vic.

Yip, its a three man show. Kai, Vic, and Heath. Ill throw Wolf in there instead of Heath. Dexter is a one hit wonder. His physique doesn’t change much and Vic when he’s on has taken him down before. My question and mild thread jack is: Where the fudge is Big Ron?

I’m really interested to see what Wolf can do provided the year has been good to him and he can nail his conditioning.

I agree with Elusive that Freeman needs to add more mass, and there’s just not enough time for him to add an appreciable amount before this year’s O.

I do wonder how Kai will react with this big win. Will it be motivation for him to come into the O, or will this win hurt him?

[quote]mrw173 wrote:
I’m really interested to see what Wolf can do provided the year has been good to him and he can nail his conditioning.

I agree with Elusive that Freeman needs to add more mass, and there’s just not enough time for him to add an appreciable amount before this year’s O.

I do wonder how Kai will react with this big win. Will it be motivation for him to come into the O, or will this win hurt him?[/quote]

I think that Toney has the mass, it’s more a matter of him filling up. Could he stand to put on 10lb of lbm? Sure. But he works with Palumbo, so he just needs to fill out better. Considering he’s having no carbs pre-contest, he needs to really put them away before the show. Also, I heard somewhere that he was going to fatload and not use carbs. Not sure that he actually did this, but it just shows that he hasn’t figured out what he’s got to do in those last couple days.

[quote]B-Mac13 wrote:
While the Olympia is 6 months away, in light of tonight’s Arnold, things should be real interesting…

Is Dexter a one hit wonder?

Can Jay regain the crown?

Will this be the year the Phil Heath era begins as Mr. O?

Can Kai continue with his winning ways against all odds?

Do Toney, Vic, and Wolf finally live up to their potential?

Will Branch get the props he deserves?

[/quote]

The part that makes this O soo much more exciting than most of the previous O’s is that all of what you stated above is possible…not just possible, but HIGHLY possible…if any of those things happen then people aren’t yelling politics.

Very exciting time for bodybuilding and very stressful time for the judges

LOL

I hope my boy Wolf shows up and awe’s everybody this year, but Heath is just straight up insanity…and Vic is no slouch either.

I don’t think Branch is Mr. O material…I think Jay is done, Toney will probably never get the O unless the stars align right…and well…Dex got the O last year because the stars aligned right. lol

I got Wolf, Heath, Vic as my favorite bodybuilders…but who knows what Dex can do with a whole year off! :0

I can’t wait…

DG

[quote]elusive wrote:
Vic will come back with even better condition and thicker thighs!

Of course Kai has a great chance to win the O, especially now.

Dexter is done, sorry.

Its not Wolf’s year yet and Toney needs to add more mass.

Its between Heath, Kai and Vic.[/quote]

Yo buddy. Email me.

Assuming everyone stays healthy, the O will probably have the deepest line-up since the 90s. Anyone could win the show, and to echo DG, the judges will have a real tough time picking the winner. Fuck that, they might be just as well off flipping a coin if everyone brings their best package.

Going to be one hell of a show, might even have to make a trip to Vegas…

[quote]B-Mac13 wrote:
Going to be one hell of a show, might even have to make a trip to the US…[/quote]

Damn right!

Though I’ll have a damn hard time enlisting friends to come to a BB show with me :frowning:

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
Where the fudge is Big Ron? [/quote]

I guess his wife told him to hang up the posing trunks. I haven’t seen an update on him. He said he was going to do the Arnold and possibly the Olympia in late 08. Ruhl is coming back. Looks like hes trimmed his midsection some. Cutler at the 08 O’ makes him look like Troy Alves.

[quote]B-Mac13 wrote:
Assuming everyone stays healthy, the O will probably have the deepest line-up since the 90s. Anyone could win the show, and to echo DG, the judges will have a real tough time picking the winner. Fuck that, they might be just as well off flipping a coin if everyone brings their best package.

Going to be one hell of a show, might even have to make a trip to Vegas…[/quote]

I am. :smiley:

But I have friends that live there and it’s only a few hr drive. lol

I can’t wait.

DG

[quote]B-Mac13 wrote:

Is Dexter a one hit wonder?[/quote] Very likely, many can give him the smackdown now.

[quote]Can Jay regain the crown?[/quote] The big time three right now come with better package (Vic, Heath and Kai).

[quote]Will this be the year the Phil Heath era begins as Mr. O? [/quote] I think this will be also between Vic and Kai, specially 'cause Vic has more time to thicken up.

[quote]Do Toney, Vic, and Wolf finally live up to their potential? [/quote] Vic can damage, I’m sorry but I don’t think Freeman will win an Olympia, and Wolf has time to go.

[quote]Will Branch get the props he deserves? [/quote] not above third.

Though I’ll have a damn hard time enlisting friends to come to a BB show with me :frowning:

[/quote]

Hahaha, tell me about it, bro.

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
B-Mac13 wrote:

Going to be one hell of a show, might even have to make a trip to Vegas…

I am. :smiley:

But I have friends that live there and it’s only a few hr drive. lol

I can’t wait.

DG[/quote]

Lucky mother…

Olympia is gonna be awesome. Im rooting for Kai or Wolf. The line up is amazing. I really really am looking to it. And i totally agree with DG, so many possibilities that are highly possible.

Desmond Miller:

I think we’re looking at:

1. Heath
  2. Kai
  3. Dex

Tony, Vic, Wolf and Branch for what remains. MAYBE Wolf in third if he brings the conditioning.

No one has Cutler in the top 3? Damn…

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Desmond Miller:

[/quote]

That’s a big motherfucker.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Desmond Miller:

That’s a big motherfucker.[/quote]

Yeah, that’s actually the biggest he has ever been. He was apparently trying to pull a Ronnie Coleman (and obviously succeeded) but had some recent health issue that I am not aware of.

There are rumors flying around about what happened to him but I am not sure any are true.