2009 IFBB Europa Super Show

Yeah, Nunn’s conditioning looked pretty good. In that one back shot his hamm’s are fucking insane looking.

Only thing that seems kind of disproportionate would be his forearms maybe? Or maybe I’m just seeing things.

Stubbs in that side triceps shot…Holy Crap

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
Stubbs in that side triceps shot…Holy Crap[/quote]

The dude is massive, plain and simple.

[quote]xb-C wrote:
3rd place Joel Stubbs[/quote]

Is it just me or does Stubbs have absolutely no legs, I don’t know if its the way he is standing or if he is in mid pose but he is seriously lacking in the quads.

[quote]ndiddy85 wrote:
xb-C wrote:
3rd place Joel Stubbs

Is it just me or does Stubbs have absolutely no legs, I don’t know if its the way he is standing or if he is in mid pose but he is seriously lacking in the quads.

[/quote]

His legs are horrible and belong on someone 60 pounds lighter.

Nunn needs more chest and back. And better conditioning in his back.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
ndiddy85 wrote:
xb-C wrote:
3rd place Joel Stubbs

Nunn needs more chest and back. And better conditioning in his back. [/quote]

That’s actually what I was thinking, I’m like his upper body is massive and impressive than you go down to his legs and your like, is that for real?

I hope Nunn does well in the future, after watching his videos he seems like a cool down to earth guy.

[quote]ndiddy85 wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
ndiddy85 wrote:
xb-C wrote:
3rd place Joel Stubbs

That’s actually what I was thinking, I’m like his upper body is massive and impressive than you go down to his legs and your like, is that for real?

I hope Nunn does well in the future, after watching his videos he seems like a cool down to earth guy.[/quote]

Yeah those calves are a big let down.

Apparently I have no clue what I’m looking at because Nunn blows those other guys away, as far as overall package, the way I see it.

[quote]FocalPoint wrote:
ndiddy85 wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
ndiddy85 wrote:
xb-C wrote:
3rd place Joel Stubbs

I hope Nunn does well in the future, after watching his MD videos he seems like a cool down to earth guy.

Yeah those calves are a big let down.[/quote]

I’m pretty sure that Joel Stubbs tore both quadriceps muscles, I have heard that several times but I could be wrong. It seems pretty obvious when you think about it, the muscle insertions are funky looking. I’ve seen videos of him squatting 500 like it was nothing so I certainly don’t think it’s from lack of effort.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
ndiddy85 wrote:
xb-C wrote:
3rd place Joel Stubbs

Nunn needs more chest and back. And better conditioning in his back. [/quote]

I heard somewhere that he fucked up his knees.

Remember the guy is also a giant, leverage is not his friend when it comes to lower body exercises.

[quote]Bondslave wrote:
Apparently I have no clue what I’m looking at because Nunn blows those other guys away, as far as overall package, the way I see it.[/quote]

Which is why bodybuilding is a subjective sport and there are always some people unhappy with the results at every Olympia :slight_smile:

[quote]Bondslave wrote:
Apparently I have no clue what I’m looking at because Nunn blows those other guys away, as far as overall package, the way I see it.[/quote]

X2

from the side it appears his quads insert high giving the appearance of “no meat” around the knee, his quads don’t hang like others.

Dennis James is big but it’s unfortunate that a name helps placing, after second at the NY it figures he wins this. his midsection didn’t look very aesthetically pleasing (split in the center similar to RC’s).

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
FocalPoint wrote:
ndiddy85 wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
ndiddy85 wrote:
xb-C wrote:
3rd place Joel Stubbs

I hope Nunn does well in the future, after watching his MD videos he seems like a cool down to earth guy.

Yeah those calves are a big let down.

I’m pretty sure that Joel Stubbs tore both quadriceps muscles, I have heard that several times but I could be wrong. It seems pretty obvious when you think about it, the muscle insertions are funky looking. I’ve seen videos of him squatting 500 like it was nothing so I certainly don’t think it’s from lack of effort.[/quote]

No doubt, the guy obviously is big and strong, his legs just look “odd”, I think the fact he lacks the pronounced X frame that Nunn has, and his placing higher than Nunn, I’m like am I missing something?

I will give the guy credit for having a phenomenal upper body, I just don’t think his upper and lower body blend well enough to place him high in competition.

A) Stubbs tore both his quads from the patella years ago, they are about all they will ever be at that point. He still managed to improve and get them dry and hard, only the size is absent. Sad thing, as he is THE biggest bodybuilder on the planet from the waist up IMO.

B) Ed Nunn has a fantastic potential, but he still needs a lot more meat in the chest and back to go with those freaky arms and fantastic legs. Second factor is his name, he will get more recognition after a few shows, it’s still his rookie year. Sad but true.

[quote]DaFreak wrote:
B) Ed Nunn has a fantastic potential, but he still needs a lot more meat in the chest and back to go with those freaky arms and fantastic legs. Second factor is his name, he will get more recognition after a few shows, it’s still his rookie year. Sad but true.[/quote]

I second this. Legs just look spectacular, the lines in the side chest shot are just awesome. Personally I think he looked better out of everyone above him, he is just lacking the size, and like mentioned, the name/status

Stubbs looks good, too bad about the legs. I don’t see him winning any shows with those. Impressive upper body though.

Nunn looks fucking insane, his waist is freaking awesome