2009 Fantasy Football Thread

[quote]doogie wrote:
eic wrote:
Any general advice for newbies to fantasy football? My buddies have been on me to join their league and I finally relented. I have a decent football IQ as a general matter, but have never played fantasy football before. Anyone have any tips? I am mostly concerned with the draft.

get a good kicker early. just think about all those field goals and extra points.[/quote]

lol

[quote]doogie wrote:
eic wrote:
Any general advice for newbies to fantasy football? My buddies have been on me to join their league and I finally relented. I have a decent football IQ as a general matter, but have never played fantasy football before. Anyone have any tips? I am mostly concerned with the draft.

get a good kicker early. just think about all those field goals and extra points.[/quote]

This is a joke, right? Don’t fuck with me like that, Doogie; I’m inexperienced and impressionable!

I was thinking of going with a solid RB or QB for my first pick, depending on when I go. QBs I’m thinking (in no particular order):

1. Manning, P.
  2. Brady (hate him, though)
  3. Warner
  4. Rivers
  5. Hasselbeck
  6. Brees
  7. McNabb
  8. Romo

RBs I’m thinking (in no particular order):

1. Peterson
  2. Brown
  3. Jacobs
  4. Tomlinson
  5. Barber
  6. Williams
  7. Portis
  8. Thomas

I am sure there are others, but that’s all I could come up with off the top of my head.

I don’t even know where to start with listing WRs; there are so many!