2009/10 NFL Season Thread

I wish the vikings would pick up vick. They have been lacking in the qb department since the culpepper/moss days and it cant get worse than jackson. Shame too since they have the best line on both sides of the ball, great RB in All day AP, and decent recievers and defence :frowning:

Some good thoughts on this thread. I am a Chargers and Redskins fan, so I’m represented well already. My predictions for the playoff teams this season:

AFC

1. Pats
  2. Colts
  3. Steelers
  4. Chargers
  5. Ravens
  6. Titans

NFC

1. Cardinals
  2. Eagles
  3. Vikings
  4. Redskins
  5. Giants
  6. Falcons

I actually think the Super Bowl will be Chargers vs. Cardinals, with Chargers winning their first ever.

Some random thoughts:

1. I have no idea why the Vikings don’t take Vick ASAP. He would fit perfectly into their system and is basically a Tarvaris Jackson with legs. Can you imagine a backfield with him at QB, Peterson at RB, and Harvin playing a swing back/slot receiver a la Reggie Bush? There would be so many formation changes they could do, it’s insane. Vick could line up at QB, then swing to the slot, while Harvin drops to RB and Peterson takes the snap. All of this, BTW, taking place on turf. With Berrian as a receiver, they would be one solid TE away from having the most potent offense in the NFL for years to come. It is almost a crime against the game if the Vikings do not get Vick.

2. I can’t stand Tom Brady. He is the biggest fairy in football, bar none. I would not shed a single tear if his career was over and he never regained his spot as a dominant QB. Him and Belichick drive me crazy. Hate the Pats.

3. This is truly the now-or-never year for the Chargers. If they don’t get their shit together this season, it will not happen anytime soon. Personally, I think the Chargers fucked themselves a little in the draft. Larry English was not 1st round material, IMO, but I hope I’m wrong. Still, the Chargers will be unstoppable if they don’t have so many freaking injuries. Last year, Cromartie, LT, Gates, and Chambers all had to fight through injuries. Hoping that is done for now.

4. Related to the point above, I think LT is going to have a solid year. Not an MVP caliber year or anything, but I think he will be in the top 3 most productive backs this year. His carries are going to be down because the Chargers are relying more and more on the pass and swing/screen plays to Sproles. But LT will still get 20-25 carries a game. If he can turn those into solid runs, he should average 115-yard games and climb back to the top.

Weird…I didn’t think there would be a lot of Chargers fan on this board.

GO BOLTS!

Haha, yes, Chargers represented! I’m a little worried about the O-line this year. Last year they struggled to open up holes for LT.

I am familiar with people who use them and some of the characteristics, look at b4 and after pics of Shawn. Similar to James, Im not saying im positive but you watch for an injury. Another sign of usage especially when you expose your body to so much physical damage. But nevertheless Shawn will still be a factor like you said, but then again I could be eating crow when he is named the MVP.

Eic only one NFC east team can be on the top 4 and the other 2 have to be 5 and 6. Also the Cards are a one year wonder in the NFC just like the Falcons were.

And really you pick the Falcons ahead of the Cowboys? Also the Chargers are still very young at the QB position along with there defense stars. They have the same time table as the Cowboys but unfortunately they also both have weak coaches.

Also Jay Cutler is a better QB than Aaron Rodgers, SSC. Look at the numbers though I hate Jay like you do.

LET’S GO BOLTS!

The Rams have this super bowl in the bag.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
My only thought is t’s almost pointless to predict anything in the NFL anymore. One freak injury to a critical member of the team during preseason can derail chances for success. [/quote]

Well said, my first year in college I was scheduled to redshirt. In the span of 2 hours, I went from 4th string to 2nd string due to injuries. Talk about growing up fast. I was 17 yrs old, and now rubbing elbows among the likes of Jason Sehorn, Willie McGinest, and Johnny Morton. There is no way to predict anything in the NFL, other than the Raiders will suck ass as usual.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:
My only thought is t’s almost pointless to predict anything in the NFL anymore. One freak injury to a critical member of the team during preseason can derail chances for success.

Well said, my first year in college I was scheduled to redshirt. In the span of 2 hours, I went from 4th string to 2nd string due to injuries. Talk about growing up fast. I was 17 yrs old, and now rubbing elbows among the likes of Jason Sehorn, Willie McGinest, and Johnny Morton. There is no way to predict anything in the NFL, other than the Raiders will suck ass as usual. [/quote]

As a die-hard USC fan, I thank you for your service to Troy.

Nobody shares my frustration that the Vikes have not picked up Vick? Am I alone in this?

It’s time for the Texans to take the next step and get into the playoffs. If Schaub can stay healthy, the offense will be solid.

[quote]SSC wrote:
Packers will win NFC North.

Jay Cutler = Most overrated quarterback in the NFL.[/quote]

Eat shit and die cheese head :slight_smile:

GO BEARS.

[quote]eic wrote:
MaximusB wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:
My only thought is t’s almost pointless to predict anything in the NFL anymore. One freak injury to a critical member of the team during preseason can derail chances for success.

Well said, my first year in college I was scheduled to redshirt. In the span of 2 hours, I went from 4th string to 2nd string due to injuries. Talk about growing up fast. I was 17 yrs old, and now rubbing elbows among the likes of Jason Sehorn, Willie McGinest, and Johnny Morton. There is no way to predict anything in the NFL, other than the Raiders will suck ass as usual.

As a die-hard USC fan, I thank you for your service to Troy.

Nobody shares my frustration that the Vikes have not picked up Vick? Am I alone in this?[/quote]

I got a letter in the mail today, that there will be a USC Football player reunion in 2 weeks at the school, I am pretty excited to go. I hope to see old friends, and maybe some new ones. At any rate, it will be a good time. I loved every single waking moment of football there. Memories and stories for kids and grandkids one day. I was looking at my old helmet thinking, damn these guys hit hard.

GO BOLTS!

I LOVE FOOTBALL SEASON.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

I got a letter in the mail today, that there will be a USC Football player reunion in 2 weeks at the school, I am pretty excited to go. I hope to see old friends, and maybe some new ones. At any rate, it will be a good time. I loved every single waking moment of football there. Memories and stories for kids and grandkids one day. I was looking at my old helmet thinking, damn these guys hit hard. [/quote]

That’s awesome. It would be great to be part of a program with such an unbelievably rich tradition. Enjoy!

[quote]LCCHSathlete wrote:
GO BOLTS!

I LOVE FOOTBALL SEASON.[/quote]

If this thread is any indication, the Chargers are going to win the SB for sure. BTW, La Costa Canyon, is it? You bastards have one of the nicest weight rooms I’ve ever seen at a high school.

Im a Pats fan, but the Chargers may just have what it takes to win this year. When teams seem to have all the pieces to win, it seems they dont pull through, when everyone thinks they may be missing here or there they come through. Take the Chargers with LT, when the wheels start going on a running back, they go, and they go fast. LT is so far from the player he was 4 years ago its unbelievable.

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
SSC wrote:

Jay Cutler = Most overrated quarterback in the NFL.

GO BEARS.[/quote]

BOO! JB, I should have figured you to be a Bear. Guess I never put 2+2 together.

Echh…

Now I feel so dirty, communicating with a Bears fan. :slight_smile:

Is it true Urlacher called Cutler a pussy-cat without the cat on the end?

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:
Is it true Urlacher called Cutler a pussy-cat without the cat on the end?[/quote]

I hope so.

I didn’t like Cutler before he was in Chicago.

He seems like a prima donna. A guy with a big arm who thinks the league OWES him something. Sorry, you have to win games to get anywhere.

And last time I checked, the Broncos hadn’t done SHIT since Jake the Snake was at the helm.

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
SSC wrote:

Jay Cutler = Most overrated quarterback in the NFL.

GO BEARS.[/quote]

You eat shit and die you… bear liking fan guy.

GO VIKINGS.