2008 Olympia

[quote]Scott M wrote:
Yeah exactly… I wouldn’t come back either if I was him, much safer and long term ways to make a living.

He was pretty good in Beerfest haha. [/quote]

yea i guess your right, raising a family and being a pro bb might be hard also. wait he was in beerfest!! I saw that when i really didnt follow bb so i prob saw him and didnt even notice

[quote]crod266 wrote:

true, is that like the only pro bb to appear in movies?[/quote]

You are forgetting someone… someone important lol

I saw phil about a month ago and he looks like a god damn tank monster, of course he wasnt topless and bottomless so I couldn’t judge proportions all that well.

[quote]tmoney1 wrote:
I think Jay Cutler will take it, but I would like to see Dexter Jackson take home the title. I read in a magazine that this is the Blade’s last Olympia, is this true?

I agree with ScottM’s top 5.[/quote]

I seen an interview with Dexter where he cleared this up. He said that he feels that THIS year is HIS best shot at winning the O. He feels that if he doesn’t take it this year, he probably won’t in the future. He then went on to say that he will continue competing in the Olympia of course.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
crod266 wrote:

true, is that like the only pro bb to appear in movies?

[/quote]

Kevin Levrone?

[quote]BigRassler171 wrote:
Scott M wrote:
crod266 wrote:

Kevin Levrone?[/quote]

ahnold

So Lee Priest is back in the IFBB, but won’t be competing in the “O” until 2009 right?

[quote]crod266 wrote:

true, is that like the only pro bb to appear in movies?[/quote]

arnold…

Edit : Oh already mentionned

Slightly off topic but it made me think about failed movie stars. Anyone remember Manfred Herbel (spelling?).

On worlds strongest man he was meant to be the next big action movie star until he was in a bad car crash… His biceps were insane!

Managed to find a picture for those interested…

That man loved his bandana’s…(pretty sure i’ve never written that word before).

my guess is cutler will place 1st then its a toss up between heath(my personal fav), dexter and wolfe

with the interview with heath he said he’s seem pics from cutler 3 weeks out and its ridiculous(seemed like he had given up)

really would like to see dexter jackson win too me he has the better body, if cutler comes like he did last year its going to dexter

Like another poster said, sadly it seems that you have to pay your dues before you get the big prize. Look at Jay a few years back when he was streets ahead of Ronnie but the decision didn’t go his way. Last year there’s no way Jay or Ronnie should have been close, (relatively speaking).

I think Dexter could get it next year if Cutler retires but he’s a small man (height wise) and that counts against him. I’m a big fan of Kai Greene but i don’t know if he’ll even be there…

[quote]FatPat wrote:
Look at Jay a few years back when he was streets ahead of Ronnie but the decision didn’t go his way.[/quote]

When the hell was this?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
FatPat wrote:
Look at Jay a few years back when he was streets ahead of Ronnie but the decision didn’t go his way.

When the hell was this?[/quote]

I think he’s referring to the 2001 Olympia…which was called real close but I wouldn’t say streets ahead.

[quote]Qaash wrote:
Professor X wrote:
FatPat wrote:
Look at Jay a few years back when he was streets ahead of Ronnie but the decision didn’t go his way.

When the hell was this?

I think he’s referring to the 2001 Olympia…which was called real close but I wouldn’t say streets ahead.[/quote]

It may have been “close” that year, but Cutler didn’t blow anyone out of the water nor should he have necessarily won that year.

If you want to talk about gift-winnings, talk about Dorian Yates’ several wins even after his biceps and triceps tears.

Looking at video I would have had Jay ahead of Ronnie in 2001 but it’s that whole “You have to knockout the champ to beat him” mindset that BBing judges hold… BS if you ask me. Ronnie being the good champion he is left NO doubt come 2003 when Cutler returned, everyone else should have just stayed home that year.

And agreed about Dorian, he is a favorite of mine from 92-95 or so but 96 and especially 97 he was a wreck and Nasser or Flex or Levrone should have had it.

I’d like to see Dennis Wolf upset Jay Cutler.

I don’t think Phil Heath is ready for the big boys, he will be in a couple of years. He does come in shredded to bone though. Damn that last comp it’s like he was all muscle and no skin.

Jay will probably win though.

• Adam

[quote]Ty Carlson wrote:
So Lee Priest is back in the IFBB, but won’t be competing in the “O” until 2009 right?[/quote]

He will have to compete in a qualifying show first.

[quote]elusive wrote:
tmoney1 wrote:
I think Jay Cutler will take it, but I would like to see Dexter Jackson take home the title. I read in a magazine that this is the Blade’s last Olympia, is this true?

I agree with ScottM’s top 5.

I seen an interview with Dexter where he cleared this up. He said that he feels that THIS year is HIS best shot at winning the O. He feels that if he doesn’t take it this year, he probably won’t in the future. He then went on to say that he will continue competing in the Olympia of course.[/quote]

AHHHH ok, thanks for clearing that up elusive.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
crod266 wrote:

[/quote]

LOL i just spit rice all over my keyboard! no offense to anybody who didn’t figure that one out.

DG