T Nation

2008 Olympia

So it’s this time of year again, who’s your favourite for the title?

Will Jay win no.3, will the blade finally get the recognition he deserves? Will Phil “the Gift” Heath beat them both or has the Wolfman got his calves and hamstrings up to stratch to challenge for a top 3 placing?

Your thoughts gentlemen? Anyone going?

I would be utterly shocked if Jay doesn’t win this year again.

Do I think he has the best package on stage? No absolutely not. For me the real battle is 2-5 and who goes where, Heath Wolf Dexter and rumor has it Vic is going to enter. Would have been great to see Kai up there as well as he is a force.

My prediction

  1. Jay Cutler
  2. Dexter Jackson
  3. Dennis Wolf
  4. Phil Heath
  5. Victor Martinez

I don’t see how Vic can bring his leg size back up so quickly after being sidelined for months and that will hurt him… or he could pull off a miracle and be in top form.

Anyone who’s see the newest pictures of Dennis knows that he has thickened up his back… calves will never match that insane quad sweep but they haven’t hurt people too much in the past(every O winner but 2-3 lol). Dexter might have put on a little size but it’s hard to tell from guest posing pictures and Phil just keeps growing and growing but I haven’t seen anything from him lately to get a fair guess… I just think no matter how he looks he will get the “you have to pay your dues” type placing that Dennis did last year.

I have a feeling Jay will get it again and probably be more dailed in this time with condition. I can’t wait to see what Heath looks like though.

Does anyone know what time it starts?

I was just checking to make sure Ronnie was competing…he is. The full list is here if people want to have a look.

http://www.mrolympia.com/2008/mrolympia.htm

Just checked, there’s only been 11 winners since it began and only 2 of them have one it just the once. Hmmm…

Ronnie is qualified, but not competing. There are other names on their like Branch Warren(triceps tear) Kai Greene(not even sure, heard hernia surgery) and probably a few others. I’m not sure if David Henry is doing both the 202 and open but he is doing 1 of them…

Forgot my one sleeper pick for a very impressive showing… Fouad Abiad.

i’m actually going :slight_smile:
i booked my trip to The Orleans then found out this was going on.

I think Jay Cutler will take it, but I would like to see Dexter Jackson take home the title. I read in a magazine that this is the Blade’s last Olympia, is this true?

I agree with ScottM’s top 5.

I read in a magazine that he would be retiring after this years olympia so he could start making little baby Cutler’s with his wife Kerry.

So I think Jay will get the number one spot definitely.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
Ronnie is qualified, but not competing. There are other names on their like Branch Warren(triceps tear) Kai Greene(not even sure, heard hernia surgery) and probably a few others. I’m not sure if David Henry is doing both the 202 and open but he is doing 1 of them…

Forgot my one sleeper pick for a very impressive showing… Fouad Abiad. [/quote]

my predictions are the same as scott but is that where branch warren went. I didnt know what happend to him and why he isnt competiting. How did he get a triceps tear? if you know

[quote]Scott M wrote:
I would be utterly shocked if Jay doesn’t win this year again.

Do I think he has the best package on stage? No absolutely not. For me the real battle is 2-5 and who goes where, Heath Wolf Dexter and rumor has it Vic is going to enter. Would have been great to see Kai up there as well as he is a force.

My prediction

  1. Jay Cutler
  2. Dexter Jackson
  3. Dennis Wolf
  4. Phil Heath
  5. Victor Martinez

I don’t see how Vic can bring his leg size back up so quickly after being sidelined for months and that will hurt him… or he could pull off a miracle and be in top form.

Anyone who’s see the newest pictures of Dennis knows that he has thickened up his back… calves will never match that insane quad sweep but they haven’t hurt people too much in the past(every O winner but 2-3 lol). Dexter might have put on a little size but it’s hard to tell from guest posing pictures and Phil just keeps growing and growing but I haven’t seen anything from him lately to get a fair guess… I just think no matter how he looks he will get the “you have to pay your dues” type placing that Dennis did last year. [/quote]

Phil looks fucking incredible. I don’t think Vic is competing this O.

[quote]crod266 wrote:
Scott M wrote:
Ronnie is qualified, but not competing. There are other names on their like Branch Warren(triceps tear) Kai Greene(not even sure, heard hernia surgery) and probably a few others. I’m not sure if David Henry is doing both the 202 and open but he is doing 1 of them…

Forgot my one sleeper pick for a very impressive showing… Fouad Abiad.

my predictions are the same as scott but is that where branch warren went. I didnt know what happend to him and why he isnt competiting. How did he get a triceps tear? if you know[/quote]

Branch fell down the stairs at his house and grabbed onto the railing. Somehow that warranted a tear.

Scott, where did you hear that Vic was entering? I highly doubt that’s possible.

[quote]Brendan Ryan wrote:
crod266 wrote:
Scott M wrote:
Ronnie is qualified, but not competing. There are other names on their like Branch Warren(triceps tear) Kai Greene(not even sure, heard hernia surgery) and probably a few others. I’m not sure if David Henry is doing both the 202 and open but he is doing 1 of them…

Forgot my one sleeper pick for a very impressive showing… Fouad Abiad.

my predictions are the same as scott but is that where branch warren went. I didnt know what happend to him and why he isnt competiting. How did he get a triceps tear? if you know

Branch fell down the stairs at his house and grabbed onto the railing. Somehow that warranted a tear.

Scott, where did you hear that Vic was entering? I highly doubt that’s possible.

[/quote]

are you kiddng me haha omg if i got hurt because of something like that id b flippen out esp since its a torn muscle

[quote]Brendan Ryan wrote:

Scott, where did you hear that Vic was entering? I highly doubt that’s possible.

[/quote]

www.musclemayhem.com/front/content/view/449/186/

Basing it off this link. Figured you would have seen it haha

why dont you ever see gunter in the olympias?

also forgot to add is the olympia on tv??

[quote]crod266 wrote:
why dont you ever see gunter in the olympias?[/quote]

Well you did hear his voice last year most likely… as of now he is out of competitive bodybuilding. I believe he started a family and is doing other things now so don’t expect him back soon.

And about the TV thing, it used to be on PPV but I’m not sure if it’s still offered. Watch the BB.com webcast

[quote]Scott M wrote:
crod266 wrote:
why dont you ever see gunter in the olympias?

Well you did hear his voice last year most likely… as of now he is out of competitive bodybuilding. I believe he started a family and is doing other things now so don’t expect him back soon.

And about the TV thing, it used to be on PPV but I’m not sure if it’s still offered. Watch the BB.com webcast [/quote]

o i gocha yea i heard him at the olympia last year. too bad hes out. Yea it sucks its not on tv i mean they have everyhting else haha, remmeber the good old days when it was on espn…classic shit

[quote]Scott M wrote:
crod266 wrote:
why dont you ever see gunter in the olympias?

Well you did hear his voice last year most likely… as of now he is out of competitive bodybuilding. I believe he started a family and is doing other things now so don’t expect him back soon.

And about the TV thing, it used to be on PPV but I’m not sure if it’s still offered. Watch the BB.com webcast [/quote]

He’s done clothes modeling for Big and Tall stores and he has been in movies before. I think he will be just fine.

Yeah exactly… I wouldn’t come back either if I was him, much safer and long term ways to make a living.

He was pretty good in Beerfest haha.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Scott M wrote:
crod266 wrote:
why dont you ever see gunter in the olympias?

Well you did hear his voice last year most likely… as of now he is out of competitive bodybuilding. I believe he started a family and is doing other things now so don’t expect him back soon.

And about the TV thing, it used to be on PPV but I’m not sure if it’s still offered. Watch the BB.com webcast

He’s done clothes modeling for Big and Tall stores and he has been in movies before. I think he will be just fine.[/quote]

true, is that like the only pro bb to appear in movies?