T Nation

2008 NASA Unequipped Nationals

Another view of my 677.9lbs deadlift:

I weighed in at 243.8lbs and competed in the 275’s. This was following an 8 week 5/3/1 training cycle.

Squat
1st attempt - 451.9lbs
2nd attempt - 501.55lbs
3rd attempt - 551.15lbs

Bench Press
1st attempt - 330.7lbs
2nd attempt - 363.8lbs
3rd attempt - 385.8lbs <-- Master 1 American Record
4th attempt - 402.3lbs

Deadlift
1st attempt - 584.99lbs
2nd attempt - 633.82lbs <-- Open & Master 1 American Record
3rd attempt - 666.89lbs <-- Open & Master 1 American Record
4th attempt - 677.91lbs <-- Open & Master 1 American Record

Total
1603.84lbs
1614.86lbs total with 4th attempt deadlift - <-- Master 1 American Record

2nd Place Open 275lbs
1st Place Master 1 275lbs
Best Lifter

Congrats!

Congrats! Did you intend to lift at 275 or just didn’t quite make it to 242? Either way, good lifting!

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
Congrats![/quote]

Thanks!

[quote]TornadoTommy wrote:
Congrats! Did you intend to lift at 275 or just didn’t quite make it to 242? Either way, good lifting![/quote]

Thanks! I wanted to compete 242. The cutoff is 242.5 and I didn’t want my lifting to suffer. I usually don’t have a problem making weight. I did however have the opportunity to break the masters bench record, which I would not have had at 242.

Awesome lifting!

I hope I’m moving that kind of weight in a few more years.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Awesome lifting!

I hope I’m moving that kind of weight in a few more years.[/quote]

Thanks!

If train you smart and have great training partners, you can get there or even better. Also the 5/3/1 program is awesome.

Great lifts, Phil, especially solid on the DL.

11 for 11? Holy shit…

Very nice work!

Congratulations NASA American Records!

Also, you should seriously think about competing at the March 29, 2009 NASA Pro Powersports Championship @ OKC, OK. The deadline to sign-up is 11-1-08.

2009 NASA PRO POWERSPORTS INFO:
http://www.nasa-sports.com/Pro%20Power%20Sports/2009_nasa_pro_power_sports.htm

[b]TRAIN HARD

“BIG WILLIE” J.T. HALL[/b]

[quote]novaeer wrote:
Great lifts, Phil, especially solid on the DL.[/quote]

Thanks!

[quote]Ramo wrote:
11 for 11? Holy shit…

Very nice work![/quote]

Thanks! I missed my 4th attempt bench.

[quote]NASAKYCHAIRMAN wrote:
Congratulations NASA American Records!

Also, you should seriously think about competing at the March 29, 2009 NASA Pro Powersports Championship @ OKC, OK. The deadline to sign-up is 11-1-08.

2009 NASA PRO POWERSPORTS INFO:
http://www.nasa-sports.com/Pro%20Power%20Sports/2009_nasa_pro_power_sports.htm

[b]TRAIN HARD

“BIG WILLIE” J.T. HALL[/b][/quote]

Thanks, JT! I will give that some thought. I do plan on competing at Natural Nationals in January.