2008: Best Year for Movies(excluding one movie)

Early in the year, we got Rambo. Then Jumper(I liked it). And then summer hit. Iron Man, Indiana Jones, The Incredible Hulk, and the Strangers (I liked it). Also, Red Belt(check it out, is good).

There’s still more movies left. Hancock, Batman Begins, X-Files(crap), and the third Mummy movie.

Get Smart should be good too.

I didn’t really like Jumper. Great potential, but did not really live up to what it could have been. Also, Indiana Jones was pretty much crap compared to the rest. But I do have to agree with you that this is still a great movie year. I can’t wait to see Hancock.

I agree. This has been a great year for movies so far. There are still tons movies coming out that I’m really looking forward to seeing.

On another note, from the lists of movies I’ve seen, the Summer of 2009 should be awesome, too (Transformers 2, Wolverine, Star Trek).

Haha best not even close, none of those movies will be remembered after this year. All of those were just mediocre action flicks, you leave semi entertained yet wont remember it much pas that.

[quote]shizen wrote:
haha best not even close, none of those movies will be remembered after this year. All of those were just mediocre action flicks, you leave semi entertained yet wont remember it much pas that. [/quote]

Everyone ignore Mr. Negative.

I also forgot to mention Hellboy 2. I’m not even a big Hellboy fan, but I’ll spend 6 bucks on it.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
shizen wrote:
haha best not even close, none of those movies will be remembered after this year. All of those were just mediocre action flicks, you leave semi entertained yet wont remember it much pas that.

Everyone ignore Mr. Negative.

I also forgot to mention Hellboy 2. I’m not even a big Hellboy fan, but I’ll spend 6 bucks on it.[/quote]

Where do you live that it costs $6 to go to the movies. Up to $11 around here.

[quote]joburnet wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
shizen wrote:
haha best not even close, none of those movies will be remembered after this year. All of those were just mediocre action flicks, you leave semi entertained yet wont remember it much pas that.

Everyone ignore Mr. Negative.

I also forgot to mention Hellboy 2. I’m not even a big Hellboy fan, but I’ll spend 6 bucks on it.

Where do you live that it costs $6 to go to the movies. Up to $11 around here.[/quote]

Yeah, no kidding. It’s $12 if I want to see it on the IMAX screen. Hell, even our matinee price is $8.

[quote]joburnet wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
shizen wrote:
haha best not even close, none of those movies will be remembered after this year. All of those were just mediocre action flicks, you leave semi entertained yet wont remember it much pas that.

Everyone ignore Mr. Negative.

I also forgot to mention Hellboy 2. I’m not even a big Hellboy fan, but I’ll spend 6 bucks on it.

Where do you live that it costs $6 to go to the movies. Up to $11 around here.[/quote]

Simple. I go to the movies at 12pm or at 3pm. My occupation allows me the time to do that.

Occupation: Broke-ass college student.

And I live in North Carolina if that means anything.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
joburnet wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
shizen wrote:
haha best not even close, none of those movies will be remembered after this year. All of those were just mediocre action flicks, you leave semi entertained yet wont remember it much pas that.

Everyone ignore Mr. Negative.

I also forgot to mention Hellboy 2. I’m not even a big Hellboy fan, but I’ll spend 6 bucks on it.

Where do you live that it costs $6 to go to the movies. Up to $11 around here.

Simple. I go to the movies at 12pm or at 3pm. My occupation allows me the time to do that.

Occupation: Broke-ass college student.

And I live in North Carolina if that means anything.[/quote]

That’s the one thing I miss about my college days. I used to have Friday off from both school and work. I’d wake up, go to the gym, clean up and head down to the movies. During the summer, I’d watch 2-3 movies every Friday depending on what came out.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
joburnet wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
shizen wrote:
haha best not even close, none of those movies will be remembered after this year. All of those were just mediocre action flicks, you leave semi entertained yet wont remember it much pas that.

Everyone ignore Mr. Negative.

I also forgot to mention Hellboy 2. I’m not even a big Hellboy fan, but I’ll spend 6 bucks on it.

Where do you live that it costs $6 to go to the movies. Up to $11 around here.

Simple. I go to the movies at 12pm or at 3pm. My occupation allows me the time to do that.

Occupation: Broke-ass college student.

And I live in North Carolina if that means anything.

That’s the one thing I miss about my college days. I used to have Friday off from both school and work. I’d wake up, go to the gym, clean up and head down to the movies. During the summer, I’d watch 2-3 movies every Friday depending on what came out.[/quote]

To be young. If its any consolation, people think I’m 30 years old. When I was 19, my suitemates and roommates thought I was an old man. I look old is what I’m saying.

Anyway, you’ll be interested in this Vader. I saw the Clone Wars preview in theaters. You might like it.

Clone Wars looks ok for an animated movie. Its better than most shit Disney puts out anyway. I thought Iron Man was very good, best movie I have seen thus far this year, while Indiana Jones was a disappointment.

Comic books have revived Hollywood for now. I am hoping it will lead to better and better movies. They’ve had enough practice to know what works and what doesn’t by now.

Don’t forget that “Wanted” comes out next week. Hopefully I can suspend reality for long enough to ignore the curving-bullet shenanigans because it really does look like a cool movie.

you liked jumper? How old are you?

[quote]MODOK wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Comic books have revived Hollywood for now. I am hoping it will lead to better and better movies. They’ve had enough practice to know what works and what doesn’t by now.

Its funny, because as I was walking back to the car last night from watching the Hulk again, I noticed that 6 of the 12 posters outside the theater for movies/upcoming movies were for superhero/ comic book adaptations. Kinda wild, although I hope the general public doesn’t tire of the genre and backlash against it. We’ve got a good thing going…I hope it lasts.

[/quote]

I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t. As long as they keep making good ones. Even then, I think us geeks alone could keep the business afloat.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Anyway, you’ll be interested in this Vader. I saw the Clone Wars preview in theaters. You might like it.[/quote]

Oh I’m definitely looking forward to that. I figured it was a given for me. :slight_smile:

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Don’t forget that “Wanted” comes out next week. Hopefully I can suspend reality for long enough to ignore the curving-bullet shenanigans because it really does look like a cool movie.[/quote]

Agreed. I’ve seen a few people bash this movie already in a few other threads and I don’t get why. This looks really entertaining to me.