2007 Lexus RX350

Chances are I will be getting one of these for my wife. Im looking to see if anyone here has any experience with the Lexus RX350 good or bad. I am also wondering what octane gas you use and if it made a difference in fuel consumption.

Thanks for any info!!

TR

Premium only. You could put lower in and the engine will adjust, but that could void your warranty.

Actually the best way to mitigate MPG is driving habits. Not so sure if the type of gas makes all THAT much of a diff.

Car and driver actually state that in their review of the very vehicle you thinking of buying.

“Remarkably, the fuel economy is improved, too ? 19 city, 24 highway, according to EPA ratings, and that compares with 18 and 24 before. But it didn?t improve for us, likely because enthusiastic helpings of the extra torque brought the C/D-observed mileage down to 15 mpg.”

It looks nice though, and best of luck with it.

Nice car. We picked up an ES 350 a few months ago. I never get to drive it!

You can’t go wrong with the choice except for the cost.

I’m looking at a new FJ for myself though and dump my rat trap I drive now.

You normally can’t go wrong with a Lexus. As for fuel economy, use whatever the manual recommends.

We have two RX330’s. My mom puts either 89 or 91 in it, I dont know how the mileage changes, but I’d reccommend at least 91. My thought is if you can afford a new lex, you can afford the gas to go in it.

I digress. Anyway, my moms was new, and my brother got his with 21k miles on it, both of them drive the same way, which I guess is a good thing.

I personally dont like driving them, but I’m sure it’ll be just fine for your wife. I know alot of people who have them and are very satisfied with them. My mom and my brother are two of them.

You cant really go wrong with a lexus, very high quality car, and excellent customer service.

Good luck, I’m sure you wont be disappointed.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Nice car. We picked up an ES 350 a few months ago. I never get to drive it!

You can’t go wrong with the choice except for the cost.

I’m looking at a new FJ for myself though and dump my rat trap I drive now.[/quote]

We looked at the ES350 and the new Infiniti G35 Sedan but they were a little small for what we were looking for. We were going to get another 4Runner Limited but this time with navigation but they are few and far between. The others we looked at were the Infiniti M35x and the Lexus GS430 but the payments were more than what I wanted to spend on a vehicle. I have my limits on Car payments.

What gas are you putting in the ES?

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
We have two RX330’s. My mom puts either 89 or 91 in it, I dont know how the mileage changes, but I’d reccommend at least 91. My thought is if you can afford a new lex, you can afford the gas to go in it.

I digress. Anyway, my moms was new, and my brother got his with 21k miles on it, both of them drive the same way, which I guess is a good thing.

I personally dont like driving them, but I’m sure it’ll be just fine for your wife. I know alot of people who have them and are very satisfied with them. My mom and my brother are two of them.

You cant really go wrong with a lexus, very high quality car, and excellent customer service.

Good luck, I’m sure you wont be disappointed.[/quote]

Good point on the cost of gas but I was thinking that if she could put regular in and still have the same power and fuel consumption why pay the extra money.

Thanks for the input regarding your family’s experience with the RX. I appreciate it! We have already found that the service at the dealership is hands down better than any dealership I have stepped into.

[quote]SwampThing wrote:
Actually the best way to mitigate MPG is driving habits. Not so sure if the type of gas makes all THAT much of a diff.

Car and driver actually state that in their review of the very vehicle you thinking of buying.

“Remarkably, the fuel economy is improved, too ? 19 city, 24 highway, according to EPA ratings, and that compares with 18 and 24 before. But it didn?t improve for us, likely because enthusiastic helpings of the extra torque brought the C/D-observed mileage down to 15 mpg.”

It looks nice though, and best of luck with it.[/quote]

It is criminal that cars are getting this poor mileage.

[quote]trailrash wrote:
Thanks for the input regarding your family’s experience with the RX. I appreciate it! We have already found that the service at the dealership is hands down better than any dealership I have stepped into.

[/quote]

Put in the recommended gas. Its there for a reason.

[quote]PGA wrote:
trailrash wrote:

Put in the recommended gas. Its there for a reason.[/quote]

never said I wasnt going to. I simply asked out of curiosity…

[quote]trailrash wrote:

never said I wasnt going to. I simply asked out of curiosity…

[/quote]

I stated why in the first response to your post.

Don’t own one…but I do work for the company…as such have a few friends that do…stick with the higher octane gas…milaege is similiar…but the engine runs much smoother on premium.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
It is criminal that cars are getting this poor mileage.[/quote]

where? just so’s I know not to go there. I get 13 MPG. That’s if I drive like a decent person.

You really can’t go wrong with Toyota much less Lexus, or even nissan and infiniti. They know how to make cars that run good. However you should note
that Lexus repairs can be insane.

I had a Lexus SC400, ran great till I wrecked it but alas thats another story. However popa lock wanted to charge me 100 bucks cuz its a High Security vehicle…Also parts can be expensive too. Simply because its a luxury vehicle, and people with money buy Luxury vehicles.

There were other repairs that were done I can’t remember them all or how much they were, but that is one thing to look into.

BTW the lexus I drove was cheaper to drive on premuim. However the SC300 had a more performance bent than your SUV will and so that might make the difference.

It’s a little older but my wife now has an 02 RX…It’s been one heck of a great car. It’s shit for gas mileage though. I followed my dad out to San Diego last summer in my truck, with a bed full of furniture, ('03 silverado). My truck got the same gas mileage.

[quote]SwampThing wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
It is criminal that cars are getting this poor mileage.

where? just so’s I know not to go there. I get 13 MPG. That’s if I drive like a decent person.

[/quote]

I hope you have a short commute.

I had an '07 RX350 for just over a week as a loaner car while my '02RX had some work being done on it at the dealership.

Not that a week is a testament to the ‘quality’ of a car, but I absolutely loved the '07 while I had it.

Especially cool were the headlights that turned in the direction you turned the steering wheel. I really missed that when I went back to my '02.

Also, the 350 had some serious acceleration, which is obviously cool.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
I had an '07 RX350 for just over a week as a loaner car while my '02RX had some work being done on it at the dealership.

Not that a week is a testament to the ‘quality’ of a car, but I absolutely loved the '07 while I had it.

Especially cool were the headlights that turned in the direction you turned the steering wheel. I really missed that when I went back to my '02.

Also, the 350 had some serious acceleration, which is obviously cool.[/quote]

We picked it up tonight… That was probably my best experience buying a car ever.

Good info… Thank You… The headlights are sweet arent they? The navigation is bad as hell too.

Holy crap that headlight thing is badass. GJ tailrash. My one and only experience buying a car was horrible. However next time I go in I know what to expect and I do feel sorry for the poor salesman that helps me next time.

[quote]SwampThing wrote:
Holy crap that headlight thing is badass. GJ tailrash. My one and only experience buying a car was horrible. However next time I go in I know what to expect and I do feel sorry for the poor salesman that helps me next time.[/quote]

The headlight actually move up and down too which is nice for driving in the hills especially when you come up over a hill. There never seems to be a time that you don’t have light on the road.

I think you learn more the more you buy. The last vehicle I bought I walked out with a payment $40 less than what I agreed to along with free service for 35k. Bad part is the first payment was a smokin deal now it is only that much more sweet. I caught them fudging numbers and called them out on it and flat out told them I had no problem walking my ass out of there and driving 176 miles back home.