T Nation

2007 Charger or Avenger?

Ok so here's the deal:

I’m looking at the 2007 AWD Charger (non-hemi, insurance would eat me alive!)

And I am also looking at the Avenger AWD (fully loaded)

I’m torn between the two! The charger is clearly build for speed, but the interior is excellent in the Avenger. Anyone own either of these cars?

If these are the only two options, I’d go with the Avenger based on your comments of the interior. You’re going to spend way more time inside the car than looking at the outside, so the experience might as well be comfortable. And if you’re not getting the hemi, what’s the point in getting a Charger?

The 250hp V6 charger engine is pretty good and lighter, not too mention for an extra 700 or so bucks I can make that engine have more HP than a hemi. To me you pay for the Hemi name and thats about it. It produces a good 340HP, however its not exactly light!

I’ll take hat V6 add a nice supercharger and headers and I got a race car for cheaper and less insurance costs!

I’m leaning much heavier onto the charger now.

Damn, not even considering the 6.1 Litre that comes with the SRT-8 version, or the 360 hp 5.7 Litre that comes with the R/T Daytona?

By the way I spent a week driving the SRT-8 Magnum. That is a great car. Though due the speedometer design will play tricks on you. I found it real easy to cruise at 110 mph. Firtunately there aren’t many cops on the Austin Toll Roads.

Back on topic. I really like the Charger, and if they had a 2-door Coupe I would have bought that instead of a Mustang. Being a bigger guy, I like the bigger car, so the Charger or the Magnum would be my choice. Especially if you take longer (6 hr +) road trips.

I can’t wait to see the new Challenger burning up the streets…I think the Challenger will be more of a true muscle car as opposed to the Charger.

My wife has a Magnum with the V-6, very nice driving car, plenty of power and great handling. This is the same chassis as the Charger just a hatchback.

As a side note if you are very long in the torso, the roof-line at the windshield is VERY low. I have to tilt my head sideways at stoplights to see them.

This last weekend I got a ticket for running a red-light.

The two vehicles in front of me went, I looked to right and traffic was stopping, so I followed them without looking at the light (dumbass).

My wife starts yelling “what are you doing? the lights red”, but by this time I was already in the intersection.

All in all I was pretty lucky. This was on the most dangerous highway in Michigan. The cop was cool about it and gave us all a ticket for impeding traffic. No points and doesn’t effect your insurance.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
I can’t wait to see the new Challenger burning up the streets…I think the Challenger will be more of a true muscle car as opposed to the Charger.[/quote]

I agree! Being up in Michigan right now though I am looking for the AWD. Haha RWD muscle car and snow just don’t work so well.

I test drove the R/T Charger and although it had a Hemi I couldn’t escape the feeling that I was in a sedan. Anything other than the Daytona or SRT just look too plain.

The Avenger actually had the more aggressive body styling which is what I like. If they would only make the mustang in AWD I would love it!! Haha right now as it stands it kicks ass as long as you are going straight (although much better steering than previous models!)

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:
My wife has a Magnum with the V-6, very nice driving car, plenty of power and great handling. This is the same chassis as the Charger just a hatchback.

As a side note if you are very long in the torso, the roof-line at the windshield is VERY low. I have to tilt my head sideways at stoplights to see them.

This last weekend I got a ticket for running a red-light.

The two vehicles in front of me went, I looked to right and traffic was stopping, so I followed them without looking at the light (dumbass).

My wife starts yelling “what are you doing? the lights red”, but by this time I was already in the intersection.

All in all I was pretty lucky. This was on the most dangerous highway in Michigan. The cop was cool about it and gave us all a ticket for impeding traffic. No points and doesn’t effect your insurance.[/quote]

I have a Big SUV so that’s a problem I’m used too lol

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
I can’t wait to see the new Challenger burning up the streets…I think the Challenger will be more of a true muscle car as opposed to the Charger.

I agree! Being up in Michigan right now though I am looking for the AWD. Haha RWD muscle car and snow just don’t work so well.

I test drove the R/T Charger and although it had a Hemi I couldn’t escape the feeling that I was in a sedan. Anything other than the Daytona or SRT just look too plain.

The Avenger actually had the more aggressive body styling which is what I like. If they would only make the mustang in AWD I would love it!! Haha right now as it stands it kicks ass as long as you are going straight (although much better steering than previous models!)[/quote]

I thought traction might be a problem also, but it handles great in the snow. Just make sure to turn OFF the traction control.

I really dislike FWD vehicles in the snow. They work great until you lose it, then there is no recovery. Give me the ability to steer into a skid any day.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
The 250hp V6 charger engine is pretty good and lighter, not too mention for an extra 700 or so bucks I can make that engine have more HP than a hemi. To me you pay for the Hemi name and thats about it. It produces a good 340HP, however its not exactly light!

I’ll take hat V6 add a nice supercharger and headers and I got a race car for cheaper and less insurance costs!

I’m leaning much heavier onto the charger now.[/quote]

Where on earth can you get a supercharger and headers for $700???