T Nation

2006 NFL Predictions

Someone probably did this already but I’ve not seen it. With the NFL season only 10 days away I thought I’d see who the popular picks is for Super Bowl XLI. I’ll pick my division winners and the Superbowl Champ.

NFC East: NY Giants
NFC North: Chicago
NFC South: Tampa Bay
NFC West: Seattle
NFC Wildcards: Carolina, Dallas

AFC East: New England
AFC North: Cincinnati
AFC South: Indianapolis
AFC West: San Diego
AFC Wildcards: Pittsburgh, Jacksonville

Superbowl: Cincinnati vs. Carolina

Winner: Cincinnati

That’s the way I see it.

NFC South: Carolina
NFC Wildcards: Atlanta, Dallas

Superbowl: Indianapolis vs. Chicago

Winner: Chicago

Bears Rule.

AFC East - Miami
AFC North - Pittsburgh
AFC South - Indianapolis
AFC West - Denver

Wild Cards - San Diego, Cinncinati

Note: Die hard Chiefs fan here. This season will mark the beginning of the end for Carl Peterson. Get ready for a few years of rebuilding.

NFC East - NY Giants
NFC North - Chicago Bears
NFC South - Carolina
NFC West - Seattle

Wild Cards - Dallas, Minnesota

AFC Champ - Indianapolis
NFC Champ - Seattle

Super Bowl Victor - Indy.

[quote]LASSAFIED wrote:
NFC South: Carolina
NFC Wildcards: Atlanta, Dallas

Superbowl: Indianapolis vs. Chicago

Winner: Chicago

Bears Rule.[/quote]

Yer god damn right the Bears rule.

DA BEARS!!!

You guys are dillusional if you all think Dallas is a Wildcard this year!

I hear talks of the Jimmy and Tuna show, whispers of actually cutting T.O.

By far, so far, the NFC north looks to be B team football at best. I. have my eye on Seattle, Indy, Cincy, and Philly

Ya know the nice thing about Bears fans? They always make me laugh. You guys are just dillusional. Winning the Super Bowl? Are you guys on crack? Yeah, i’ll give it to you that that Bears will win the NFC North, but that’s not saying much. The NFC North is pathetic. I know, i’m a freakin’ Packers fan. I know, I know, they suck. Tell me something I don’t know.

Ok, the Bears D is good. But your offense stinks! If the D doesn’t hold the opposing team to less than 14 pts, the Bears lose. That offense can’t score more than 14 pts. You have no QB, barely a WR that’s worth a damn and your RBs are getting injured during their physicals! How does that happen?

Now where was I? Oh yeah, the Bears offense is about as good as the Packers offense. They both suck.

But I digress. Here are my picks.

NFC
Chicago
Dalls
Carolina
Seattle

AFC
NE
Cincy
Jax
Denver

Carolina - Cincy

Cincy

Oh, and in my previous post I listed Jax as winning the division. I’m an idiot. I meant Indy.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
I hear talks of the Jimmy and Tuna show, whispers of actually cutting T.O.

By far, so far, the NFC north looks to be B team football at best. I. have my eye on Seattle, Indy, Cincy, and Philly [/quote]

Are you serious? Do you really think they’d cut TO before the season even starts?

After the show Carson put on, I see the Bengals being a huge contender for the ring.

[quote]daltron wrote:
After the show Carson put on, I see the Bengals being a huge contender for the ring.[/quote]

either them or patriots/falcons everybody else is not worth talking about!! i would say patriots win again, average of almost 500 offensive yards in the off-season in this league is unreal!!

[quote]dre wrote:

Ok, the Bears D is good. But your offense stinks! If the D doesn’t hold the opposing team to less than 14 pts, the Bears lose. That offense can’t score more than 14 pts. You have no QB, barely a WR that’s worth a damn and your RBs are getting injured during their physicals! How does that happen?

[/quote]

Listen up jerk, the 14 points the Bears do score come from the Defense and special teams! 14 points is a lot more credit than I’d give our offense.

AAAHAHAHAHAHA

Regardless, The Bears will win the superbowl. The Packers Suck.
How about Charles Woodson Monday?? I bet Oakland is rolling on the floor in laughter.

Super Bowl: Steelers vs. Carolina

Steelers win, naturally…

Dallas will win the NFC East. That is all that matters.

Niners all the way baby!

We’re taking back our rightful place at #1 in the draft bitches!

I personally think the Patriots are going to make an unprecedented move and just win all the divisions, AFC and NFC, and then play themselves, offense vs. defense, in the superbowl and draw 14-14 in the best game of football ever witnessed by mankind. And just to make things sweeter, the Dolphins will play so poorly that the NFL will institute relegation and send them to the CFL or NFL Europe. But maybe that’s just me.:wink:

[quote]m0dd3r wrote:
I personally think the Patriots are going to make an unprecedented move and just win all the divisions, AFC and NFC, and then play themselves, offense vs. defense, in the superbowl and draw 14-14 in the best game of football ever witnessed by mankind. And just to make things sweeter, the Dolphins will play so poorly that the NFL will institute relegation and send them to the CFL or NFL Europe. But maybe that’s just me.;)[/quote]

And he said Bears fans are delusional. . . .

[quote]LASSAFIED wrote:
m0dd3r wrote:
I personally think the Patriots are going to make an unprecedented move and just win all the divisions, AFC and NFC, and then play themselves, offense vs. defense, in the superbowl and draw 14-14 in the best game of football ever witnessed by mankind. And just to make things sweeter, the Dolphins will play so poorly that the NFL will institute relegation and send them to the CFL or NFL Europe. But maybe that’s just me.:wink:

And he said Bears fans are delusional. . . .[/quote]

alright fine, the bears can have the NFC, then we’ll embarrass you 46-10 in the superbowl to get back at you for 85-86. Fair enough?

As a long-time Cincinnati resident, I still have to rub my eyes and blink a few times when I see the Bengals as a Super Bowl pick. It was just a few short years ago they flirted with perfection, the 2-14 dream season!

Anyway…

NFC N: Bears
NFC S: Bucs
NFC E: Giants
NFC W: Seahawks
NFC WC: Eagles, Panthers

AFC N: Bengals
AFC S: Colts
AFC E: Dolphins
AFC W: Broncos
AFC WC: Patriots, Steelers

I haven’t any thoughts on playoff results; the Steelers’ 6th seed road warrior act last year convinced me that postseason predictions are futile.

Looking over the divisions to make my picks, I am reminded that the NFL division alignments are plum fucking crazy. I know that certain rivalries were factored into the new four division conferences, but some of them are out there.

Baltimore is in the north while Buffalo is in the east; Miami is in the east while Indianapolis is in the south. Paul Tagliabue must have a different map than the one I’ve got…

It’s fine to be optimistic about your team, but anyone picking NYG or CIN has completely ignored their ridiculously brutal schedules.

Don’t be surprised if PHI finishes ahead of NYG, and CIN misses the playoffs completely.