2006 APF Seniors Vegas Results?

Anybody have a link to the results of this? I know this took place from June 2nd through June 4th. I know Chad Aichs was planning a 1225lb squat, a 825lb bench, and a 750lb deadlift (2800lb total)…

B

Partial unofficial results

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/2238

What does the “bomb” mean?

[quote]Brendan B wrote:
What does the “bomb” mean?[/quote]

It means that the lifter bombed out, or didn’t successfully get any attempt on one of the three lifts.

Bear

[quote]Brendan B wrote:
What does the “bomb” mean?[/quote]

It means the APF is in town.

[quote]Viking69 wrote:
Brendan B wrote:

[/quote]

HAHAHA…too funny…I’ve been to a bunch of APF meets…very true. Think its because of all the gear?

[quote]gettinbigger wrote:
Viking69 wrote:
Brendan B wrote:

HAHAHA…too funny…I’ve been to a bunch of APF meets…very true. Think its because of all the gear? [/quote]

Yes. There are other factors, but there wouldn’t be near the amount of bombouts if it wasn’t for the gear. Paul Childress wrote in his training log that he was going to have to open with over 1100 because of the new ACE squatter and briefs from Metal (because it took that much to hit depth.)

Also, to their credit, I think the APF/WPO is starting to tighten things up a bit. The judging at the Arnold was pretty strict (for WPO standards anyway), and I think I heard that some people bombed because they were called for depth at this last meet in Vegas.

Bear

Here are the full official results! Enjoy.

www.growordie.com/2006apfseniors.pdf

[quote]gettinbigger wrote:
Viking69 wrote:
Brendan B wrote:

HAHAHA…too funny…I’ve been to a bunch of APF meets…very true. Think its because of all the gear? [/quote]

It sucks when you draw a crowd to a meet and more than half the lifters bomb out.

I think when you get 300-400lbs out of your gear it creates no room for error.

A friend of mine made it to the meet. He told me they actually made the lifters squat to parallel this year – how dare those judges!

I went to the meet to watch a friend of mine compete and stayed the whole weekend.

Yes there were a lot of bomb outs, but overall it was a good time. I was able to meet some really cool people in the sport and see some amazing weights moved. My hat goes off to Nick Hatch for an awesome performance. Also to Kara Bohigian for her accomplishments, and for allowing me to get my picture with her. Kara is a very attractive woman.

[quote]Mr. Bear wrote:
gettinbigger wrote:
Viking69 wrote:
Brendan B wrote:

HAHAHA…too funny…I’ve been to a bunch of APF meets…very true. Think its because of all the gear?

Yes. There are other factors, but there wouldn’t be near the amount of bombouts if it wasn’t for the gear. Paul Childress wrote in his training log that he was going to have to open with over 1100 because of the new ACE squatter and briefs from Metal (because it took that much to hit depth.)

Also, to their credit, I think the APF/WPO is starting to tighten things up a bit. The judging at the Arnold was pretty strict (for WPO standards anyway), and I think I heard that some people bombed because they were called for depth at this last meet in Vegas.

Bear[/quote]

yeah, this is all very true. not to start an ugly exchange about APF judging, but even the “tightened-up” standards, seem to pass squats that still look a little high to me. but whatever, you train and perform to the standards of the fed you choose to lift in.

i trained at Diablo Barbell for a while, where most (not all) of their lifters competed APF, and while there i was hoping to do so as well, and i started training off a much higher box than i used to for that very reason. why train to go to a depth that you don’t have to, and probably cant get to anyhoo with the gear you will be wearing?

with double ply feds, you have to pretty much guess what you are going to be capable of in all your gear, and more often than not, the first time you are taking anywhere near your “geared up max” IS AT THE ACTUALL CONTEST!

so you have been training with 500-600lbs plus 100-200lbs of contrast (chains, bands)with briefs and a belt leading up to a meet. so based on that, you “guesstimate” you are probably good for 700-800 full gear at a meet. at some point in your training cycle you will want to gear up and take some big weights to see how everything feels, but i doubt 3-5 weeks before a meet you want to take a true max in all your gear. look at the vids in jackass’s thread of every body squatting before the seniors in there suits without the box. i don’t think any of them got more than 2-3 inches above parallel with that stuff on. to get all the way down they would have had to use about what the had on their backs at the meet.

to me, the FIRST time you have a weight on your back that you can get to parallel in your gear should NOT be at the meet, where if you miss it you bomb!

i had been out of PL for about 10 years when i went to diablo and saw my first APF meet in said many years. it opened my eyes to where the sport has gone, for good or bad, whatever.

but i saw a LOT of bombs. i saw guys try to squat weight that they barely, just barely could get unracked in a freaking mono-lift!

but that is just how the game how the game in the APF/WPO has evolved. if you don’t like that you can compete in different feds, so i guess it does not matter.

[quote]heavythrower wrote:

but that is just how the game how the game in the APF/WPO has evolved. if you don’t like that you can compete in different feds, so i guess it does not matter. [/quote]

Thank god there’s someone with a bit of sense around here!!

As for the judges making em squat to parrallel… they still don’t have to get below it tho right?? :wink: