2006-2007 Fantasy Football Thread

Yeah that TO stuff has gotten old in a hurry. The girl I was dating last year lived in Phili so I was up there all the time. I got sick of it then. There was one story that a pizza guy delivered some pies to his house and when TO gave him a tip, the guy told him, you keep it, you need it more than I do. Pretty funny.

As far as Westbrook goes, I have the third overall in this league I am drafting for on Monday in AC. I will take Shaun or LT at 3 although I did give Portis a long look. If Westbrook is there at 18, I will def take him.

[quote]dre wrote:
Amsterdam Animal wrote:
I am still not sold on Moss. Collins probably throws one of the best deep balls in the league, I dont think he was the problem. Moss just could not get off the line so unless he is 100% healthy, I stay far away from him. Brooks’ mobility should open things up a bit though.

Did you see the game last night? Westbrook and McNabb looked solid. I know its a preseason and I am still not a believer but he may be worth another look. Especially if you are in a league that awards points for receptions.

I don’t think Moss is a number 1 receiver obviously. But I would definitely pick him up as a No. 3 guy. But I know what you are saying.

I missed the first couple of series of the game because I had a flag football scrimmage. But I caught the rest of it. I turned it on about midway through the first quarter and a tear rolled down my cheek. It’s good to have football back on.

I then heard Madden and Michaels talking about T.O. and the tear instantly dried up and rage started to take over. I got so freakin’ sick of everyone talking about T.O. yesterday. The guy isn’t even playing on either team and he’s all everyone could talk about last night. Please, for the love of Pete, let go of the T.O. thing. Ok, for me please?

Sorry about that mini rant. With all that said, I would still take T.O. on my Fantasy team in a heartbeat! haha

The problem with Westbrook is he doesn’t find the endzone enough. Sure, he’ll get his yards via carries and catches. But he just doesn’t score very often. And personally, I like McNabb and would be very happy to have him as my starting QB. Gotta love the pass happy offense in Philly.[/quote]

Ok some FAB (fantasy advisory board) please, through some nifty trading I have picks 3, 18, 20, 21, 40 and 41. So 6 of the top 41. We start 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 QB, 1 K, 1 DST. 10 person league.

Per earlier posts I am taking Shaun or LT at 3 and am thinking Westbrook at 18, unless there is a top WR on the board. I only have spot 19 in between my picks but I would go top WR at 18 if available and hope spot 19 does not pick Westbrook.

So here is what I am thinking. My normal strategy is to go 2 RB and 2 WR solid or 3 RB depending on where I draft. I am considering going 1 RB and 3 WR in this league since it is WR heavy. I am hoping to start a run at spot 18 and gamble that I can pick up a no 2 RB at spot 40. What do you guys think?

A

[quote]Amsterdam Animal wrote:
Ok some FAB (fantasy advisory board) please, through some nifty trading I have picks 3, 18, 20, 21, 40 and 41. So 6 of the top 41. We start 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 QB, 1 K, 1 DST. 10 person league.

Per earlier posts I am taking Shaun or LT at 3 and am thinking Westbrook at 18, unless there is a top WR on the board. I only have spot 19 in between my picks but I would go top WR at 18 if available and hope spot 19 does not pick Westbrook.

So here is what I am thinking. My normal strategy is to go 2 RB and 2 WR solid or 3 RB depending on where I draft. I am considering going 1 RB and 3 WR in this league since it is WR heavy. I am hoping to start a run at spot 18 and gamble that I can pick up a no 2 RB at spot 40. What do you guys think?

A[/quote]

I think that your plan is risky. It will be tough finding a solid no. 2 RB at position 40. Well, one that isn’t going to be splitting carries with someone else. Well, atleast that’s how I see it. But, in the world of Fantasy Football i’m still a baby. This is only my second year playing. So, don’t listen to me!

It’s also hard to predict what you should do with the no. 20 pick without seeing how your draft unfolds. If you could wait until 40 to pickup a solid no. 2 RB go for it. But, it just seems risky.

The league I played in last year is more or less a RB dominated league. So, it would be hard for me to wait that long to pick up another RB.

But then again, if you take two solid WRs at spots 18 and 20, you probably will create a run on WRs. Damn, i’m torn on this issue.

Newby or not, you are absolutely correct, it is a risky plan. I guess my thinking is does my no 1 RB and no 2/3 RB plus three top WR outweigh a guy who has a RB1 and RB1/2 and 2 WR that are top/middle tier and a WR no 3.

I have gone back and forth on this. It will also depends on who drafts in front of me and what they do. That reminds me I need to look at bye weeks so I dont fuck up there.

In the mock draft that I ran, the 3 WR’s I would end up with were Holt, Harrison and Boldin/Chambers. And with a little bit of luck, a Kevin Jones, Reuben Droughns, or Chester Taylor would be there at 40.

[quote]dre wrote:
Amsterdam Animal wrote:

A

I think that your plan is risky. It will be tough finding a solid no. 2 RB at position 40. Well, one that isn’t going to be splitting carries with someone else. Well, atleast that’s how I see it. But, in the world of Fantasy Football i’m still a baby. This is only my second year playing. So, don’t listen to me!

It’s also hard to predict what you should do with the no. 20 pick without seeing how your draft unfolds. If you could wait until 40 to pickup a solid no. 2 RB go for it. But, it just seems risky.

The league I played in last year is more or less a RB dominated league. So, it would be hard for me to wait that long to pick up another RB.

But then again, if you take two solid WRs at spots 18 and 20, you probably will create a run on WRs. Damn, i’m torn on this issue. [/quote]

Newby or not, you are absolutely correct, it is a risky plan. I guess my thinking is does my no 1 RB and no 2/3 RB plus three top WR outweigh a guy who has a RB1 and RB1/2 and 2 WR that are top/middle tier and a WR no 3.

I have gone back and forth on this. It will also depends on who drafts in front of me and what they do. That reminds me I need to look at bye weeks so I dont fuck up there.

In the mock draft that I ran, the 3 WR’s I would end up with were Holt, Harrison and Boldin/Chambers. And with a little bit of luck, a Kevin Jones, Reuben Droughns, or Chester Taylor would be there at 40.
[/quote]

That would be a stud core of WRs if you could get those guys. And I think Chambers is going to have a huge year this year with Culpepper throwing at him.

I would say that if you could get Chester Taylor at 40, which I would think you should, you should go for it. I think he is going to have a bust out year. He is my sleeper RB this year. Now that he’s in Minnesota, is the feature back, he’s going to impress. PLUS, the addition of Steve Hutchinson on the already very good line of Minnesota is huge for him.

Yeah I am def leaning that way. But then again I am sure some jackass will pick Steve Smith at pick 6 or so and start a run on WR’s that will fuck up my entire strategy.

I also like Chester. I am a Skins fan but I have been to my share of Ravens games in the past.

By the way, I cant believe we are the only two smucks this deep into this fantasy shit. Are the other T-Boys all at their basket weaving contests?

[quote]dre wrote:
Amsterdam Animal wrote:

That would be a stud core of WRs if you could get those guys. And I think Chambers is going to have a huge year this year with Culpepper throwing at him.

I would say that if you could get Chester Taylor at 40, which I would think you should, you should go for it. I think he is going to have a bust out year. He is my sleeper RB this year. Now that he’s in Minnesota, is the feature back, he’s going to impress. PLUS, the addition of Steve Hutchinson on the already very good line of Minnesota is huge for him. [/quote]

Yeah I am def leaning that way. But then again I am sure some jackass will pick Steve Smith at pick 6 or so and start a run on WR’s that will fuck up my entire strategy.

I also like Chester. I am a Skins fan but I have been to my share of Ravens games in the past.

By the way, I cant believe we are the only two smucks this deep into this fantasy shit. Are the other T-Boys all at their basket weaving contests?

[/quote]

Haha, yeah, you’ve always got one fukin’ guy who will do something off the wall to screw up everyone’s plans. My buddy last year took Tatum Bell with his No.1 pick. I wasn’t there but apparently everyone in the room looked at him with a classic WTF face. Wish I could have been there.

Skins fan huh. I can respect that. You guys look like you could have a nice offense this year. Picked up some WRs and hopefully Portis can put together a solid year. It helps to have Al Saudners as your Offense Coordinator. I think you guys will have a good season.

As a Packers fan i’m just hoping they atleast have a winning record this year. It should be interesting to watch. And if you call me a cheesehead i’ll break your legs! I fukin’ hate those things. Sorry, mini rant right there. They make Packers fans look like a bunch of freakin’ morons!

And yeah, I can’t believe that we are the only two guys interested in Fantasy either. I just don’t know what to say about that.

Came away with a nice squad from my fantasy draft in AC. I decided to go with three WR’s in picks 18, 20 and 21 and was able to get two solid no 2. RB’s on the way back. We start 3 WR’s and TE’s count as WR’s. My QB’s could be better but I am ok. There are 18 players on the roster so I got a lot of RB’s. I love my WR’s.

The squad

QB: Pepp, Bledsoe, McNair
RB: LT, Dunn, Droughns, T. Jones, Greg Jones, Cedric Houston, DeAngelo Williams, Mike Anderson
WR: Fitz, Holt, Chambers, Mason, Evans
K: Kaeding
DST: Bears.

So I would start:
Pepp/Bledsoe, LT, Dunn/Droughns, Fitz, Holt, Chambers, Keading, Bears.

A

The laughing stock pick of the draft. This guy took Tatum Bell in round 7 and then 6 spots later on the wrap around in round 8, he picked Mike Bell. Now thats funny.

[quote]dre wrote:
Amsterdam Animal wrote:

Haha, yeah, you’ve always got one fukin’ guy who will do something off the wall to screw up everyone’s plans. My buddy last year took Tatum Bell with his No.1 pick. I wasn’t there but apparently everyone in the room looked at him with a classic WTF face. Wish I could have been there.

Skins fan huh. I can respect that. You guys look like you could have a nice offense this year. Picked up some WRs and hopefully Portis can put together a solid year. It helps to have Al Saudners as your Offense Coordinator. I think you guys will have a good season.

As a Packers fan i’m just hoping they atleast have a winning record this year. It should be interesting to watch. And if you call me a cheesehead i’ll break your legs! I fukin’ hate those things. Sorry, mini rant right there. They make Packers fans look like a bunch of freakin’ morons!

And yeah, I can’t believe that we are the only two guys interested in Fantasy either. I just don’t know what to say about that.[/quote]

My normal league is late to start, so I joined a league at Sportsline with an automated draft. The only real control is ranking your players and also what order you want to draft by position.

You have to draft all the following positions, but you can select the order. I set it up like this:

1. RB
  2. WR
  3. RB
  4. WR
  5. QB
  6. RB
  7. TE
  8. WR
  9. QB
  10. TE
  11. DST
  12. K
  13. DST
  14. K

My draft looked like this (Pick#, Pos, Player):

1. RB - Shaun Alexander
  2. WR - Steve Smith
  3. RB - Brian Westbrook
  4. WR Anquan Boldin
  5. QB - Kurt Warner
  6. RB - Chester Taylor
  7. TE - LJ Smith
  8. WR - Derrick Mason
  9. QB - Jake Plummer
  10. TE Heath Miller
  11. DST - Cowboys
  12. K - Matt Stover
  13. DST - Redskins
  14. K - Joe Nedney

Dropped Nedney and picked up Matt Jones off waivers. I am not comfortable with only 3 RB, but the only guy out there worth picking up is Maroney from NE. I could drop a TE or DST and get him, but I have a couple early byes with those position and would like to wait. Thoughts?

Nice squad, cant believe you got Westbrook and Boldin that late.

How many RB’s do you start? You got three starting RB’s but regardless if Maroney is sitting on waivers I would pick him up if you are concerned about depth.

I would drop Plummer. From a fantasy perspective, Plummer is not very good. I would not start him over Warner any week. If you need a bye week replacement you can pick up a QB easily in most leagues. Now if Warner goes down, you could get Leinart or play match ups week to week with the waiver wire.

The alternative is to drop one of your TE’s. I like both your TE’s and it is tough to say who will have a better year. Miller will get plenty of red zone looks and LJ will rack up on yards since Donovan doesnt have anyone else to throw it to.

Then the other thing you can do is drop your DST. I hate to say it b/c I am a SKins fan but that DST is hurting. Their secondary was already weak and now Springs is out for at least week 1.

[quote]deanec wrote:
My normal league is late to start, so I joined a league at Sportsline with an automated draft. The only real control is ranking your players and also what order you want to draft by position.

You have to draft all the following positions, but you can select the order. I set it up like this:

1. RB
  2. WR
  3. RB
  4. WR
  5. QB
  6. RB
  7. TE
  8. WR
  9. QB
  10. TE
  11. DST
  12. K
  13. DST
  14. K

My draft looked like this (Pick#, Pos, Player):

1. RB - Shaun Alexander
  2. WR - Steve Smith
  3. RB - Brian Westbrook
  4. WR Anquan Boldin
  5. QB - Kurt Warner
  6. RB - Chester Taylor
  7. TE - LJ Smith
  8. WR - Derrick Mason
  9. QB - Jake Plummer
  10. TE Heath Miller
  11. DST - Cowboys
  12. K - Matt Stover
  13. DST - Redskins
  14. K - Joe Nedney

Dropped Nedney and picked up Matt Jones off waivers. I am not comfortable with only 3 RB, but the only guy out there worth picking up is Maroney from NE. I could drop a TE or DST and get him, but I have a couple early byes with those position and would like to wait. Thoughts?[/quote]

What has Portis going down done to his draft position in your leagues? The day after he hurt himself I had the AC draft and he still went fifth.

I have a draft tomorrow night and he will prob not slip into round 2 b/c there are a lot of skins fans in this league and we start a RB/WR flex so having 3 backs is a must.

A

How many RB’s do you start? You got three starting RB’s but regardless if Maroney is sitting on waivers I would pick him up if you are concerned about depth.

I would drop Plummer. From a fantasy perspective, Plummer is not very good. I would not start him over Warner any week. If you need a bye week replacement you can pick up a QB easily in most leagues. Now if Warner goes down, you could get Leinart or play match ups week to week with the waiver wire.

The alternative is to drop one of your TE’s. I like both your TE’s and it is tough to say who will have a better year. Miller will get plenty of red zone looks and LJ will rack up on yards since Donovan doesnt have anyone else to throw it to.

Then the other thing you can do is drop your DST. I hate to say it b/c I am a SKins fan but that DST is hurting. Their secondary was already weak and now Springs is out for at least week 1.

[/quote]

We only start 2 RB’s, but Westbrook is injury prone. I had Plummer last year as my primary and he drove me nuts, but Warner is pretty injury prone as well. Redskins are rated pretty high; you think they are gonna be hurting that bad?

Depends on the scoring format of your DST and the role it plays. You could go Skins or Dallas and just play match up with picking up a DST from the waiver wire. I think the Skins secondary is in bad shape so it will depend on the pressure the front 4 get on the QB. If they give them time to throw, we are in trouble. Springs is a big part of that D.

I think you need Maroney, especially since Dillon is bound to go down at some point this season. I have had him the last two years, trust me, I know.

I still like Warner and you can pick up Leinart if there is a problem or any QB match up from waiver. I just dont think Plummer is worth a roster spot and he prob will be on the waiver or something comparable if you need a QB.

How many teams in the league? There are no fees for add/drop right so why do you care?

[quote]deanec wrote:
Amsterdam Animal wrote:

We only start 2 RB’s, but Westbrook is injury prone. I had Plummer last year as my primary and he drove me nuts, but Warner is pretty injury prone as well. Redskins are rated pretty high; you think they are gonna be hurting that bad?[/quote]

Depends on the scoring format of your DST and the role it plays. You could go Skins or Dallas and just play match up with picking up a DST from the waiver wire. I think the Skins secondary is in bad shape so it will depend on the pressure the front 4 get on the QB. If they give them time to throw, we are in trouble. Springs is a big part of that D.

I think you need Maroney, especially since Dillon is bound to go down at some point this season. I have had him the last two years, trust me, I know.

I still like Warner and you can pick up Leinart if there is a problem or any QB match up from waiver. I just dont think Plummer is worth a roster spot and he prob will be on the waiver or something comparable if you need a QB.

How many teams in the league? There are no fees for add/drop right so why do you care?

deanec wrote:
Amsterdam Animal wrote:

We only start 2 RB’s, but Westbrook is injury prone. I had Plummer last year as my primary and he drove me nuts, but Warner is pretty injury prone as well. Redskins are rated pretty high; you think they are gonna be hurting that bad?
[/quote]

12 Teams, No fees…you are probably right…

Dropped the Skins, picked up Maroney. One glitch to the plan is I am gonna have to pick up a D in week 3…

I’m also a fantasy guy. Our draft is aug 27th and our league is tough. No idiots at all and we run 14 teams, so you really have to make the most out of your picks. I go 9th this year which was looking nice before portis got hurt. I was basically going to have James or Caddy in the first round, and now Portis might fall back to me and give me the huge decision on if you pick a guy with potential stud status but with a semi-serious injury.

I may just go Rudi or Lamont J in that spot to be safe. Round 2 should be good as I will be able to either get a top 3 or 4 WR or a good #2 RB. I’ll try to let you guys know how my draft went.

V

You should be fine. The skins may be on the waiver still in week 3, they play Houston which makes them an ok option. If they outperform the Dallas unit in weeks 1 and 2, you can just swap DST’s. The Eagles play at San Fran and Miami at Tennessee, one of those units should be there and would be a servicable bye week replacement.

[quote]deanec wrote:
Dropped the Skins, picked up Maroney. One glitch to the plan is I am gonna have to pick up a D in week 3…[/quote]

I have never been in a 14 team league but I imagine it is slim pickens after round 7 or 8.

How many RB’s do you start? Is there a flex? With the limited number of healthy backs available, I think you have to go RB, RB. Waiting at slot 37 to pick up your second back may be too long.

I like Rudi, Ronnie, or Lamont in that spot 9. If you were in a ten player league I would have said take a chance on Port. But with that many teams, I dont think you can take the risk.

If Steven Jackson falls to you at 9, I think you have to go with him but I doubt he will slip that far. At 19, guys like Kevin Jones, Chester, Bush should be there. I guess the question is whether that is a reach for RB2. The WR’s that have gone in my drafts at that slot were Fitz, Holt, Harrison.

Tough call, let us know how you make out.

[quote]Vegita wrote:
I’m also a fantasy guy. Our draft is aug 27th and our league is tough. No idiots at all and we run 14 teams, so you really have to make the most out of your picks. I go 9th this year which was looking nice before portis got hurt. I was basically going to have James or Caddy in the first round, and now Portis might fall back to me and give me the huge decision on if you pick a guy with potential stud status but with a semi-serious injury.

I may just go Rudi or Lamont J in that spot to be safe. Round 2 should be good as I will be able to either get a top 3 or 4 WR or a good #2 RB. I’ll try to let you guys know how my draft went.

V[/quote]

Ok had my third draft last night.
Start 1 QB (4pts TD), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 flex RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST

It is imperative to have a back as your flex so I drafted 3 RB’s in the first 3 rounds but just found out they shut down Jamal for the rest of the preseason, fuck!

I drafted 6th and I am pretty happy with my squad if it can stay healthy. Not too happy about my WR’s but could be ok. Like my TE’s, a lot of bonus pts for catches, rushes etc.

QB’s: McNabb, Brees

RB’s: Tiki, Westbrook, Jamal Lewis, Marion Barber, Brandon Jacobs

WR’s: Javon Walker, Andre Johnson, McCardell, Braylon Edwards

TE’s: Todd Heap, Heath Miller

DST: Carolina

K: Tynes