2000 Raw Total @ 242 @ 22 Years Old

[quote]Larry10 wrote:
I don’t pause my benches until I get to competition time, this might be wrong, and I may be learning something right now, but I still don’t do it.

And trust me man, the bench workouts are not easy, I find them very difficult, the weights are low, but the volume is sky high and some days you’ll do around 20 sets of bench. It’s a very tough program.[/quote]

I’ve been training with Sheiko for the better part of the past two years; believe me, I know they’re hard. Observationally, I was just agreeing that it might be the case that people who think Sheiko bench is easy might not be pausing, since I’ve seen that claim thrown around a lot anecdotally. That was mostly because the only other person I’ve seen do the program in person was my old training partner, and he was really inconsistent about pausing and also thought it was easy; like I said earlier though, there was a massive difference in our 1RMs on bench (probably 175lbs at the time, over 200lbs by now), so that’s just as likely to be the cause in this case.

[quote]TB284 wrote:

[quote]Larry10 wrote:
I don’t pause my benches until I get to competition time, this might be wrong, and I may be learning something right now, but I still don’t do it.

And trust me man, the bench workouts are not easy, I find them very difficult, the weights are low, but the volume is sky high and some days you’ll do around 20 sets of bench. It’s a very tough program.[/quote]

I’ve been training with Sheiko for the better part of the past two years; believe me, I know they’re hard. Observationally, I was just agreeing that it might be the case that people who think Sheiko bench is easy might not be pausing, since I’ve seen that claim thrown around a lot anecdotally. That was mostly because the only other person I’ve seen do the program in person was my old training partner, and he was really inconsistent about pausing and also thought it was easy; like I said earlier though, there was a massive difference in our 1RMs on bench (probably 175lbs at the time, over 200lbs by now), so that’s just as likely to be the cause in this case.[/quote]

aw shit, sorry for the goofy post man, I see you said you’ve been using them for a while, there’s a lot going on in this thread and it’s easy to lose track.

thanks very much for the feedback

[quote]Larry10 wrote:

aw shit, sorry for the goofy post man, I see you said you’ve been using them for a while, there’s a lot going on in this thread and it’s easy to lose track.

thanks very much for the feedback[/quote]

Yeah, there’s a lot of back and forth going on, no problem. That’s good though, Sheiko is good shit, doesn’t get discussed a ton around here.

I aim to change that, I really feel that it’s the way to go in the off season to really be able to build your form while getting stronger.

I feel there are more effective ways to peak, but I haven’t tried a sheiko peak yet and I will soon

[quote]Larry10 wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:
What does a typical non-peaking training week look like for him? [/quote]

I texted him and he said
monday - close grip
wed - deadlift
friday - bench
saturday - squat

knowing kade it’s probably for high reps, and not very heavy, but when it’s showtime he does what he’s gotta do[/quote]

Thanks. I’m curious about assistance work. He’s gotta do some rowing/back work, right?

Squat looked high?

^^^ No, it didn’t.

It was at least 6" high.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]Larry10 wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:
What does a typical non-peaking training week look like for him? [/quote]

I texted him and he said
monday - close grip
wed - deadlift
friday - bench
saturday - squat

knowing kade it’s probably for high reps, and not very heavy, but when it’s showtime he does what he’s gotta do[/quote]

[/quote]

He texted me back today and said:

He says after each main workout, he’ll do 3-5 assistance exercises, he didn’t say what they were.

His loading for the above is 5x5 with 65-75% for 3 weeks then on the fourth week he’ll go heavy, so basically the exact opposite of what we’re told to do.
Thanks. I’m curious about assistance work. He’s gotta do some rowing/back work, right?

I’m interested in starting sheiko, I’ve got a spreadsheet ready and the only problem I notice is the amount of warm up sets before the main work sets. My gym is a small bodybuilding gym, it’s the only one in my area and it has one bench, one squat rack, and one spare bar for DLs. So I can’t really hog the equipment for a long time, as others usually train in pairs so working in becomes a big nuisance.

Would it be stupid of me to basically work up to my main sets much quicker?

For example, if my work sets on bench are with 100kgs, I could warm up on DBs then do a quick bench set at 80kg, then one at 90, then staight into work sets?

[quote]andylo309 wrote:
I’m interested in starting sheiko, I’ve got a spreadsheet ready and the only problem I notice is the amount of warm up sets before the main work sets. My gym is a small bodybuilding gym, it’s the only one in my area and it has one bench, one squat rack, and one spare bar for DLs. So I can’t really hog the equipment for a long time, as others usually train in pairs so working in becomes a big nuisance.

For example, if my work sets on bench are with 100kgs, I could warm up on DBs then do a quick bench set at 80kg, then one at 90, then staight into work sets?[/quote]

Good choice on looking into Sheiko. I love it and many others do as well. In my opinion, if the 15 minutes of working up to your first work set is too much, then the 30-45 minutes of work set lifting is definitely going to be too much. Often, work sets reach 10 or more sets.

If you’re really looking to save time, warm up however you want assuming it doesn’t effect your actual work sets. Personally, though, I’d just stop caring what others think and take that equipment for the 15 extra minutes that you’ll need it. As well, some of those work sets are highly beneficial, especially on bench were they might be 4x2 then 3x2.

[quote]andylo309 wrote:

For example, if my work sets on bench are with 100kgs, I could warm up on DBs then do a quick bench set at 80kg, then one at 90, then staight into work sets?[/quote]

Id really really try to find a new gym man, if not, then if anyone’ss eyeing you, let them work in, but do what you’ve gotta do, there’s a dignity in that.

This is like my lifelong goal for this weight class. kade is a freak of nature.
and only 2 years older than me. i got to step up my game.
anyone know how tall he is. im 6 feet and by the looks of it we have similar leverages.
new favorite lifter right here.

crazy for that age o.o

I started at almost 18, lets see what weights il hit when il have 25 years old : P