2000 lbs. Raw Total Brought to You by 5/3/1

[quote]mmatt wrote:
Awesome. It’s sweet having the two strong Ben’s on here.[/quote]

Yeah Ben Rice and I are Training partners during the summer when he is home for college. We live about 5 miles from eachother.

[quote]corstijeir wrote:
Great total, this will be a great thread to watch.[/quote]

December 10th Looing for 2050-2080!

Good shit ill be following. So do you support 531 over sheiko? I am looking into changing my program and have seen Bens great success through sheiko but 531 seems like its easier to throw in accessory work and more applicable for someone who isnt constantly competing in PL

[quote]Seath308 wrote:

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

[quote]Seath308 wrote:

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:
My god man you are the real deal Im totally following this, going to learn as much as I can… 2000 raw total holy shit man[/quote]

Thanks man! Yeah if you have any questions just ask! [/quote]

what assistance exercies and what rep/ set ranges for those assistance exercises have you found to be best for progressing?[/quote]

-------------------------------Military press (Sunday)--------------------------------

Main Secondary exercise:

Seated DB Shoulder Press Sets and Reps 3 X 12 or 5 X 6

Tricep pushdowns: Form is Crucial on these I was doing the all wrong for years and didn’t even know it until I trained with my buddy Justin Randle and he tweaked my form. I’ll post a video on how I do them with my Bench Press Video on Wednesday.

Sets and Reps: 3 X 12 ;(Upsets) 1 X 10 ; 1 X 8

Front DB Raises ( 1 arm at a time)

Sets and Reps 4 X 10 ; 1 X 6

Rear Delt

Sets X Reps: 3 X 20

---------------------------------Deadlift (Monday)---------------------------

45 Degree Back Raises with Band Tension (Green Band or Purple on a light day)

Sets and Reps: 2 X 10 Grab a 25 Lbs Plate then 2 sets to Failure

Leg Curls

Sets Reps: 4 X 12

Abs
Light High Rep 3-5 sets 15-20 Reps

-----------------------------Bench Press (Wednesday)-----------------

2 Board or Sling-Shot Presses

work up to a Max single or triple or 3 X 3

Incline Db Press

Sets and Reps: 3 X 10 upset 2 X 8

Tricep DB Extensions

Sets and Reps: 4 X 10 Upset 1 X 8

Lat Pulldowns (wide or narrow)

Sets and Reps: 3 X 10 upset 1 X 8

Peck Deck super set Rear Delts

Sets and Reps: 3 X 15

--------------------Squats (Friday)---------------------

Leg press

Sets and Reps: 4 X 8-10

Leg extensions

Sets and Reps: 3-4 X 10-12

Light Leg Curls

Sets and Reps: 3 X 20

Decline weighted cable sit-ups

Sets and Reps: 4-5 X 8-12

This is pretty much what I have been doing for the last 6 or 7 weeks. I still am doing it and making great results.

[/quote]

very cool man Im interested to see the pressowns in the videos, thanks for taking the time to post that, appreciate it

[quote]Achilles of war wrote:
Good shit ill be following. So do you support 531 over sheiko? I am looking into changing my program and have seen Bens great success through sheiko but 531 seems like its easier to throw in accessory work and more applicable for someone who isnt constantly competing in PL[/quote]

5/3/1 > Sheiko. I don’t spend much more than an hour in the gym when I train. Keep it simple.
5/3/1 has brought my total from 1700 to 2000 in 1 year and 1 month and still making gains.

Good shit ill be following. So do you support 531 over sheiko? I am looking into changing my program and have seen Bens great success through sheiko but 531 seems like its easier to throw in accessory work and more applicable for someone who isnt constantly competing in PL[/quote]

5/3/1 > Sheiko. I don’t spend much more than an hour in the gym when I train. Keep it simple.
5/3/1 has brought my total from 1700 to 2000 in 1 year and 1 month and still making gains.

Awesome stuff man. First heard about you through Powerlifting Watch last school year and then found out you were a friend of Erich Schmidtke’s when him and I had a chat about powerlifting. I’ll be following.

[quote]165StateChamp wrote:
Awesome stuff man. First heard about you through Powerlifting Watch last school year and then found out you were a friend of Erich Schmidtke’s when him and I had a chat about powerlifting. I’ll be following. [/quote]

Oh yeah man me and Erich go way back! We wrestled together since We were 8 or 9. He’s the only reason I made it to the state finals my senior year!

[quote]Seath308 wrote:

[quote]165StateChamp wrote:
Awesome stuff man. First heard about you through Powerlifting Watch last school year and then found out you were a friend of Erich Schmidtke’s when him and I had a chat about powerlifting. I’ll be following. [/quote]

Oh yeah man me and Erich go way back! We wrestled together since We were 8 or 9. He’s the only reason I made it to the state finals my senior year! [/quote]

Haha I heard man, Schmidtke was bragging you up. He’s very proud of you. I know he must have been an awesome addition to your room because he’s so hard-working out here. You need to get him to abandon this Oly lifting nonsense he wants to get into though, bodybuilding is where he belongs!

[quote]Seath308 wrote:

5/3/1 has brought my total from 1700 to 2000 in 1 year and 1 month and still making gains. [/quote]

Nice! Thanks for the advice bro.

Have squats always been your best lift?

Love that squat bro!!!

I have not purchased a good set of knee wraps since you were like 5 years old…

what kind of knee wraps u using??? I am due for an upgrade

Just amazing stuff going on in here, Ill be following and learning along the way!

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
Have squats always been your best lift?[/quote]

Yeah It has. I love the squat. What really got me ready for lifting was my Big Brother Matt. From when I was 8 and 9 years old he would make me do 100 - 200 Bodyweight squats a night. By the time I was 10 years old I was able to hit 500 BW Squats with out stoping. When I was 11 years old I was able to hit an ass to grass 205 raw squat. I can’t wait to have kids they are going to be fucking beasts!

[quote]LikeWater wrote:
Love that squat bro!!!

I have not purchased a good set of knee wraps since you were like 5 years old…

what kind of knee wraps u using??? I am due for an upgrade[/quote]

I use Inzer Wraps z-wraps and True Blacks is what I hit my 859 with

Well I FINALLY GOT A 500 RAW BENCH FINALLY!!!

[quote]Seath308 wrote:

My First 500 Pound Raw Bench Press! - YouTube [/quote]
Damn solid. You just joined a very exclusive group.

[quote]Seath308 wrote:

Damn dude that was a good lift, pretty fast aswell!

I have a question about squats actually

Ive been having trouble getting my arms into position for the squat i guess its because i got bigger in the shoulders and traps area? I cant move them any farther out though because my hands would get in the way when I rack the bar

So the question is that is there a safe way to have a wider grip with squats then the power rack will allow?

right now ive been forcing my shoulders to go narrow enough but my shoulder hurts for like 30 seconds after every set lol

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]Seath308 wrote:

Damn solid. You just joined a very exclusive group.[/quote]

Glad I got 500 out of the way but I won’t be happy till I get that 600!

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

[quote][/quote]

Damn dude that was a good lift, pretty fast aswell!

I have a question about squats actually

Ive been having trouble getting my arms into position for the squat i guess its because i got bigger in the shoulders and traps area? I cant move them any farther out though because my hands would get in the way when I rack the bar

So the question is that is there a safe way to have a wider grip with squats then the power rack will allow?

right now ive been forcing my shoulders to go narrow enough but my shoulder hurts for like 30 seconds after every set lol[/quote]

Just do alot of shoulders stretching a couple times a week. I will post a video of the stretch I do before I squat that helps get your arms in closer. Just work on Flexiblity.

[quote]Seath308 wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]Seath308 wrote:

Damn solid. You just joined a very exclusive group.[/quote]

Glad I got 500 out of the way but I won’t be happy till I get that 600![/quote]
I like the way you think