T Nation

$200 Million To Find Bin Laden

Senate approves $469 billion for Pentagon

“Senators unanimously backed an amendment pushed by Democrats to add $200 million to reinstate an intelligence team dedicated to finding bin Laden, the al Qaeda leader behind the September 11 attacks.”

snip

“The White House last month denied it had downgraded the hunt for bin Laden, after reports that the special CIA unit had been disbanded. It said the unit was reshaped and that resources were reallocated, not reduced.”

Proof we are getting close to November.

Why did Rove let the Democrats come up with this first?

I know you meant that last sentence jokingly, but I’m wondering, do you think it’s any worse or will be worse implemented that the dems did it instead of the reps?

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:

“Senators unanimously backed an amendment pushed by Democrats to add $200 million to reinstate an intelligence team dedicated to finding bin Laden, the al Qaeda leader behind the September 11 attacks.”

[/quote]

“Though Predator drones spotted Osama bin Laden as many as three times in late 2000, the U.S. administration did not fly the unmanned planes over Afghanistan during its first eight months and was still refining a plan to use one armed with missiles to kill the al-Qaida leader when Sept. 11 unfolded, current and former U.S. officials say. - TVNL comment: Bush/PNAC had him in their sights 3 times and they did nothing!”

http://www.guardian.co.uk/alqaida/story/0,12469,1028044,00.html

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:

snip

“The White House last month denied it had downgraded the hunt for bin Laden, after reports that the special CIA unit had been disbanded. It said the unit was reshaped and that resources were reallocated, not reduced.”

Proof we are getting close to November.

Why did Rove let the Democrats come up with this first?
[/quote]

Haha. I had the same reaction wrt the upcoming elections. As for the Rove thing, why would he care who came up with it first? The administration would still be able to take credit for bin Ladens capture even if it was 100% the result of the money and 0% the result of their efforts.

If bin Laden is still running around come 08 I expect the reward to rise to infiniti-trillion-gazillion dollars.

They didn’t really give up on Bin LAden, they released this bullshit in hopes bin laden would see it and become slack. Making it easier to find him. If you actually belive, they stopped looking for Osama you might as well believe Elvis isn’t dead.

[quote]blck1jack wrote:
They didn’t really give up on Bin LAden, they released this bullshit in hopes bin laden would see it and become slack. Making it easier to find him. If you actually belive, they stopped looking for Osama you might as well believe Elvis isn’t dead.[/quote]

You mean Elvis is dead?

My theory about Bin Laden, ever since he had gone missing:

I’ve read reports that Osama Bin Laden is a Hemodialysis patient. Working closely with such patients, End Stage Renal Disease truly is end stage, the people are truly just trying to stay alive utilizing Dialysis, but they often succumb either to the disease or to secodary conditions such as Hypoglycemic crises, Hypotensive crises, Hypo/Hyperkalemic crises, Hyponatremic crises, fluid overload, Congestive Heart Failure, Acute MI’s and the like, despite the most textbook-perfect healthcare management of the disease.

I truly believe that Osama had died long ago, not long after he was missing. Hemodialysis is difficult in a controlled enviroment, and he’s in hiding and on the run, so I truly see him receiving less than optimal care.

With the invasiveness of the media today, as well, we’d have live footage of him…all of the media coverage I have seen since the time I believe he had succumbed to the disease seems very ingenuine, thereby reinforcing my belief that he had succumbed to the disease.

I think bin Laden has been in a secret prison in Eastern Europe for the last two years. He’s going to be “captured” later this month and transfered to Gitmo in early October. Right after Congress approves Bush’s bill legalizing military trials for terror suspects. All in time to allow plenty of pre-election spin.

[quote]chinadoll wrote:
My theory about Bin Laden, ever since he had gone missing:

I’ve read reports that Osama Bin Laden is a Hemodialysis patient. Working closely with such patients, End Stage Renal Disease truly is end stage, the people are truly just trying to stay alive utilizing Dialysis, but they often succumb either to the disease or to secodary conditions such as Hypoglycemic crises, Hypotensive crises, Hypo/Hyperkalemic crises, Hyponatremic crises, fluid overload, Congestive Heart Failure, Acute MI’s and the like, despite the most textbook-perfect healthcare management of the disease.

I truly believe that Osama had died long ago, not long after he was missing. Hemodialysis is difficult in a controlled enviroment, and he’s in hiding and on the run, so I truly see him receiving less than optimal care.

With the invasiveness of the media today, as well, we’d have live footage of him…all of the media coverage I have seen since the time I believe he had succumbed to the disease seems very ingenuine, thereby reinforcing my belief that he had succumbed to the disease.[/quote]

He has made a point of including date indicating references in many of his tapes. The dialysis rumour has been around since at least 2000 but has never been supported all the reliably.