20 Yr Old. Just Started Lifting Seriously

Hi, I have just started a serious interest in bodybuilding. I know i need still need a lot of work and time to meet my goals, but here are some pics. Please give me any advice etc

The first pic is me roughly 4 weeks ago. Been going to the gym and doing mostly bodyweight exercises e.g. pull ups/chin ups, push ups. My diet was fundamentally ok (low gi, 6 meals, ate lots of veg etc) but i never counted my calorie needs etc.

These following pics are of me now, 2 weeks into a new much improved diet (courtesy of Dr Berardi) and I have also started using protein shakes.

My stats are as follows:

Height 5’3 (I know im mega short so no teasing please!)
Weight 56kg
BF 8-9% (estimate)
Calorie intake: 2766 (Maintenance level)
Calorie split: 40%p 30%c 30%f (any problem with these ratios?)

Only started lifting properly recently, so these numbers are a bit poor:

Squat: 176lbs at 6 reps
Deadlift: 154lb at 6 reps
Bench: 143lb at 6 reps

I think im lean enough at the moment, so im gona try to increase my calorie intake by 500 each week and gradually try to eat my way up week by week and build size.

Now feel free to critique and blast me!

front shot

back shot

You gave yourself a 10…

no, it wasnt me. i havent rated myself

Ok well, your lean, thats good. Legs?

seems like ur on the right track diet wise…

make sure to squat clean deadlift high pull etc…

dont eat soy

[quote]Standard Donkey wrote:
dont eat soy[/quote]

Just eat something. Please.

Nice arms and thats about it…

so anything wrong with my ratio of 40%p 30%c and 30%f for my build?

ur pecs and back really suck… work on them… if ur already doing stuff for chest and back … and not seeing results ur arms are prolly taking over in the movements, work on doing the motions slowly while thinking about the muscles you want to activate… you might also want to look into touch training

[quote]lamach wrote:
so anything wrong with my ratio of 40%p 30%c and 30%f for my build?[/quote]

In my opinion, I think your carb intake should be higher. Then again it doesn’t matter at the end of the day if you’re not eating enough.

are you pinching your shoulder blades togewther on the rear double biceps? If so, your back may be better than it looks in that pic.

Your chest is definitely a weakness. You may have to go the pre-fatiguing route, and work with very light weights on chest exercises until you start recruiting your chest more (instead of relying on tris and delts).

[quote]HotCarl28 wrote:
ur pecs and back really suck… work on them… if ur already doing stuff for chest and back … and not seeing results ur arms are prolly taking over in the movements, work on doing the motions slowly while thinking about the muscles you want to activate… you might also want to look into touch training[/quote]

Don’t listen to this clown’s advice. That has to be the worst advice ever. In case you didn’t read, this is 4 weeks into his workouts. He hasn’t been lifting for years. Just keep working out and definitely don’t do the movements slow, thats a quick way not to gain muscle.

What workout plan are you on right now?

[quote]Playboy wrote:
HotCarl28 wrote:
ur pecs and back really suck… work on them… if ur already doing stuff for chest and back … and not seeing results ur arms are prolly taking over in the movements, work on doing the motions slowly while thinking about the muscles you want to activate… you might also want to look into touch training

Don’t listen to this clown’s advice. That has to be the worst advice ever. In case you didn’t read, this is 4 weeks into his workouts. He hasn’t been lifting for years. Just keep working out and definitely don’t do the movements slow, thats a quick way not to gain muscle.

[/quote]

Lifting slow is fine as a temporary, remedial approach in order to increase activation of target muscles. After he’s getting adequate activation, he would go back to lifting at a normal speed.

Calling someone a clown because you don’t understand what they’re saying makes you look foolish.

[quote]Playboy wrote:
HotCarl28 wrote:

[/quote]

He said so the movements slowly to stimulate the proper muscles and get proper form.

I’m not going to highjack the thread but he did not say to lift slow to get proper form. The guy has been lifting for 4 weeks, he needs to follow a good diet and a good lifting plan. I think his results are great for the time he has spent.

Everyone is on here saying his back and pec suck or his arms are the only good thing. He has been seriously working out for 4 weeks!

Fast lifting will put on more mass any day than sitting there going slow and “thinking about the muscles you want to activate”. ha I’m just waiting for someone to throw out some tempos next. Lots of protein, complex lifts, and plenty of sleep should be all he needs for a few months.

If in the four weeks he’s been training, he’s had good development all over, but his chest is obviously lagging, right now is the time to address it.