20 YO Who's Tired All The Time (With Labs)

Hello,

-height
–5’10

-waist
–34-36

-weight
–215

-estimated body fat
–24-28%

-Blood pressure
–127-63

-Temperature readings
–Will post when I have. Need to buy thermoter

-describe body and facial hair
–Probably shorter legs. 32 inch inseam. Big Rib cage and joints. Small wrists though. Narrow Shoulders. 73 inch wingspan. Consider myself small in frame but hold weight very easily. People will often call me a “big dude” I disagree. Very endo.
–Facial hair still doesn’t come in much. It’s getting better as I get older. It’s not patchy anymore. Just doesn’t grow long.

-describe where you carry fat and how changed
Current Carry fat in mid section, chest, ass, all over legs. That is where most of my fat is. From certain angles I could probably bullshitt looking way leaner than I am. No love handles really, leaner shoulders, back, face and arms. When I get fatter the places I mentioned tend to get really big.

-health conditions, symptoms [history]
– Was morbidly obese from the ages 7-15. Age 15 280 pounds 5’5 43% body fat. Lost 100 pounds in 11 months time while growing a couple inches. Current symptoms below.

-Rx and OTC drugs, any hair loss drugs or prostate drugs ever
– Never been on any medication. Have never taken anything more than Tylenol and cough syrup. Have had one doctors visit in the last ten years.

-lab results with ranges
– Lab Results Attached

-describe diet [some create substantial damage with starvation diets]
– Used a 40/30/30 to lose the first 80 pounds. Then played with low carbs to lose the rest. Had cheat days and re-feeds every weekend. Weight loss was maintained at 1.5-2 pounds a week for the last 60 pounds. Gained back a lot of weight over the past few years. Age 20 5’10 270 pounds. Started losing again recently using a half day timed carb diet. Re-feed every 3-4 weeks. Lots of oils and nuts. Plenty of lean meats and fish. Green veggie shakes post workout. Down to 215 in about 8 months.

-describe training [some ruin there hormones by over training]
– Started training at 15 by myself with typical body building magazine stuff. Found body building websites. Did some more strength oriented stuff. Rippetoes, Madcows, 5/3/1. I was benching 95 pounds when I was 15 and weighed 280 pounds. Best lifts to date, Squat 385(Deep squat)(Have posted on Rippetoes board), Bench 245, Dead 455)

-testes ache, ever, with a fever?
– They keep to themselves. Never give me problems.

-how have morning wood and nocturnal erections changed
– Never were that consistent, doesn’t happen all that often anymore.

*Current Symptoms"

I seem to nod my head at every thyroid, low test and adrenal fatigue symptom.

-Fatigue (All the time. Takes and hour to wake up. Need naps at noon. Walking and talking slow. Sometimes feels hard to move. This has been going on for years.)
-Mind is always foggy (As long as I can remember)
-Wired at night time. Mind races. (As long as I can remember)
-Increased sensitivity to cold (Recently. Seems I’m the only dude who gets cold)
-Sleep never feels good
-Dry skin
-Puffy face (I do have puffy face days)
-Hoarseness (Have a had a very deep voice for a while. Sylvester Stallone ish. Some days more so than others)
-Muscle weakness (Do not feel strong under the bar anymore)
-Pain, stiffness or swelling in your joints (Recently)
-Thinning hair (Recently)
-Slowed heart rate
-Depression (Been depressed for a long time)
-Impaired memory (A well knows fact about me in social circles)
-Dark rings under eyes (Had these forever)
-A yellowish tint to the skin (Could be my natural skin color. Although some days I am very pale)
-Salt and sugar cravings at night
-Feelings of apathy (Very long time)

These are not exaggerated. Some things I thought were personality traits that I now think are symptoms of something. Bottom line is I am getting tired of it. I don’t feel good. I haven’t for a very long time but I never had insurance or money to figure it out(still don’t) I just thought everybody lived likes this.

A pharmacist friend of mine firmly believes that I have adrenal fatigue. We tested my morning cortisol ( attached) expecting to find something. Sure enough the morning we tested I felt fine. Woke up without an alarm clock and had a great day. Timing was awful. Despite the normal results he still believes that adrenal fatigue is the culprit.

I’ve began a little supplement routine. (Magnesium, zinc, vit-c, licorice, DIM, grape seed extract, inositol, lots of fish oil, and b vitamins) I only recently discover this forum and the iodine recommendation. Will add to routine and post progress as well as temp readings.

My lifestyle is somewhat stressful I guess. Nothing I would complain about though. I work 40-50 hours a week (good job but demanding) and have a sick mother. But I am very apathetic to most things. Try not to let things get me down.

My bloodwork and saliva test are attached. I didn’t want to discuss them in my post because my opinion about it doesn’t really matter and I haven’t had any others besides the pharmacist. The only thing I can say is that I think my testosterone is to low and despite the results, believe I have some sort of underlying thyroid issue. I just don’t to assume things.

I would appreciate any feedback. I really am at my wits end here. I can’t afford to see doctors and the testing has emptied my wallet for several months to come. Thanks to anyone who takes a look.

If you need any more info please let me know.

• Intentions of Intimacy

Page 2 of blood work

Page 3 of blood work

Page 1 of Saliva Test

Page 2 of Saliva test

Your low cholesterol IS A HUGE PROBLEM.

Your low cholesterol IS A HUGE PROBLEM! Levels below 160 are associated with increased all-cause mortality. What are you eating? What are you avoiding?

Cholesterol total=120 is the base for creation of all of your steroid hormones, including vit-D!

Whatever else is wrong, you will never be right with cholesterol that low.

TSH is a worry, report your waking and mid afternoon oral body temperatures. TSH=2.13 does not make any sense with fT4 and fT3 above mid range. If body temps are low, elevated rT3 may be the culprit.

Growth hormone=0! That should have been flagged. GH should not be measured as levels change so much. Serum IGF-1 should always be the proxy for GH.

Your T levels are not great, but basic function is there and your T level does not in any way relate to your symptoms.

TIBC: Total iron-binding capacity - Wikipedia suggests a lack of iron, serum iron does not tell the whole picture.

More labs: all serum
rT3
LH/FSH
prolactin
vit-D25
DHEA-S
ferritin [ Transferrin and Iron-binding Capacity (TIBC, UIBC) - Testing.com ]
AM cortisol *AM -repeat
Cholesterol - verity
IGF-1

Read the ‘thyroid basics’ sticky.
Thyroid gland looks enlarged, asymmetric, sore, feels lumpy?

Get Wilson’s book on adrenal fatigue.

Do you use iodized salt? Iodine in your vitamins? If one in a household is iodine deficient, expect that others are as well and check their temperatures.

First of all I want to thank you for the reply. I can’t tell you enough Bro. Really appreciate it.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Your low cholesterol IS A HUGE PROBLEM! Levels below 160 are associated with increased all-cause mortality. What are you eating? What are you avoiding?

Cholesterol total=120 is the base for creation of all of your steroid hormones, including vit-D!

Whatever else is wrong, you will never be right with cholesterol that low.[/quote]

Currently I am using a timed card diet. With carbs post workout and a re-feed every 3-4 weeks. Lots of fats and proteins. No direct source of carbs until post workout.

I do not discriminate cholesterol at all. I don’t go out of my way to eat it but I never worry about it. I eat lots of red meats and sea food. I cook most things with grass fed butter. I probably get something like 500-700mg of cholesterol a day.

I’ve only had blood work done a handful of times but even when I was 14 and 260 pounds my cholesterol wasn’t high. My mother is very overweight as well and her cholesterol is in range without any medication. I think it is genetic.

I had heard things about cholesterol and testosterone levels. When I found out they were low I started trying to eat more. I had also heard that dietary cholesterol does not necessarily correlate to cholesterol in the body but I figured eating more couldn’t hurt. I have added 5 whole eggs to my diet daily with. Cooked with a bit of grass fed butter. Bring my daily cholesterol intake to 1500-1700 mg.

[quote]KSman wrote:
TSH is a worry, report your waking and mid afternoon oral body temperatures. TSH=2.13 does not make any sense with fT4 and fT3 above mid range. If body temps are low, elevated rT3 may be the culprit.[/quote]

Feb 27th
8:30 am 97.3 - 97.5
12:00pm - 97.8 - 97.4 - 97.7 - 97.5

Didn’t have a chance to measure again. Will continue measuring daily. I typically check it 3-4 times a minute due to slight variations in placement and results.

I have only recently found this forum and your thread. I am trying to wrap my head around your thread now.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Growth hormone=0! That should have been flagged. GH should not be measured as levels change so much. Serum IGF-1 should always be the proxy for GH.[/quote]

That was an expensive mistake. I had intended to test IGF-1.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Your T levels are not great, but basic function is there and your T level does not in any way relate to your symptoms.[/quote]

I was very worried when I saw the T results. It seems to low for my age. I have heard that adrenal, thyroid and cholesterol problems can lower T levels, so i remain optimistic that they will go up as other things progress.

[quote]KSman wrote:
TIBC: Total iron-binding capacity - Wikipedia suggests a lack of iron, serum iron does not tell the whole picture.[/quote]

I thought my iron was high? Should I disregard that? I am very pale some days if that makes any sense with the iron results.

[quote]KSman wrote:
More labs: all serum
rT3
LH/FSH
prolactin
vit-D25
DHEA-S
ferritin [ Transferrin and Iron-binding Capacity (TIBC, UIBC) - Testing.com ]
AM cortisol *AM -repeat
Cholesterol - verity
IGF-1[/quote]

I can’t afford anymore lab work. I was lucky enough to stumble across private md. It would take me a few months to save up for all of that. I may be able to have one or two done if there is a particular one you would prefer.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Read the ‘thyroid basics’ sticky.
Thyroid gland looks enlarged, asymmetric, sore, feels lumpy?[/quote]

Going through that thread now. I was overwhelmed with confusing and conflicting google research. Your thread is gold.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Get Wilson’s book on adrenal fatigue.[/quote]

Skimmed through it. Will revisit.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Do you use iodized salt? Iodine in your vitamins? If one in a household is iodine deficient, expect that others are as well and check their temperatures.[/quote]

I wasn’t salting anything for the eight months of dieting. None of my supps list iodine. I bought some yesterday. Will start using tomorrow.

*Supp list as of 2/28/13

6,000 mg fish oil twice daily
1,500 mg vit c twice daily and post workout
400 mg magnesium citrate morning and 100 mg at night
200 mg DIM twice daily
240 mg Grape seed extract twice daily
1,450 mg licorice twice daily
1,500 mg inositol twice daily
10,000 mg vit d in morning then 5,000 mg night
30 mg zinc at night time (trying to get up to 50mg)
15 ish mg or 15,000 mcgs iodine twice daily (will progress to 50 within a week or so)
Green tea everyday as well. (can’t hurt)

I am also trying to chill more often and go to sleep earlier. Looking to see what caused me stress and trying to eliminate it.

Thank you again for the reply. Really your help means a lot.

Serum iron is variable, sometimes does not reflect what is going on. I do not quite understand the implications of binding capacity, Ferritin cuts through the fog. Perhaps the problem is my limited experience with binding capacity. Sounds like your diet is iron rich.

Cholesterol and hormones: Your DHEA, progesterone and cortisol are not in trouble.

Lets see what iodine does for you. If it changes your metabolism and improves bodily functions, we should wait and see where the cards fall after that. Doing labs before such things have reached an end state does not make any sense.

Looking back, if we assume that your are iodine deficient, how long do you think that this might have been going on?

You might want to be aware of this: Hypocholesterolemia - Wikipedia

[quote]KSman wrote:
Serum iron is variable, sometimes does not reflect what is going on. I do not quite understand the implications of binding capacity, Ferritin cuts through the fog. Perhaps the problem is my limited experience with binding capacity. Sounds like your diet is iron rich.

Cholesterol and hormones: Your DHEA, progesterone and cortisol are not in trouble.

Lets see what iodine does for you. If it changes your metabolism and improves bodily functions, we should wait and see where the cards fall after that. Doing labs before such things have reached an end state does not make any sense.

Looking back, if we assume that your are iodine deficient, how long do you think that this might have been going on?

You might want to be aware of this: Hypocholesterolemia - Wikipedia

[/quote]

Thank you. I didn’t realize low cholesterol was so serious. Should I up my cholesterol intake even further?

I have felt like this for a very long time. Years. I don’t know if it got worse or I just became more aware of it as I got older.

If you don’t think any of those things are in trouble, then what would you guess is causing me to feel this way all the time?

I will post body temp and any changes I feel in day to day living every few days. I also intend on doing a re-feed this weekend. Then maybe eating at maintenance or slightly above for the following week.

Any thing else you would recommend?

Get worked up for sleep apnea and UARS. Especially the UARS. I think any (slightly) abnormal labs are an effect rather than a cause. If that doesn’t yield anything it might be worth re-checking the AM/PM cortisol levels a few more times.

11:00 am 97.4 97.4 97.4 (Waking up)

2:00 pm 97.7 97.5 97.4

7:00 pm 97.8 97.6 97.9

11:30 pm 97.7 97.7 97.5

[quote]CTPE wrote:
Get worked up for sleep apnea and UARS. Especially the UARS. I think any (slightly) abnormal labs are an effect rather than a cause. If that doesn’t yield anything it might be worth re-checking the AM/PM cortisol levels a few more times. [/quote]

I’ll look into testing for it. I know I used to snore.

Will retest everything in a few months. Hopefully I’ll continue to see progress.

Bed 8:40 97.0 97.1 97.1

11:45 98.0 97.9 97.9

4:30 98.2 98.3 98.1

5:30 97.6 97.7 97.7

6:00 97.5 97.5 97.4 97.3 97.2

10:15 97.8 98.2 98.2 98.3 98.2

Very tired yesterday. Afternoon temps were taken during my usual “crash”

Tried sleeping before my second wind last night. Kept waking up through the night. Difficult time waking up in the morning.

Ran out of DIM and inositol. I can really feel the difference off of the inositol. Seems like I’m down more often. Could be all the carbs from the refeed. Idk

Eating at maintenance for the rest of the week. Also have been trying to eat as much cholesterol as possible.

3/5

Bed 8:30 97.1 97.2. 97.2 97.2

3:00 98.4 98.4 98.3

5:00 98.7 98.7 98.6

6:30 98.6 98.5 98.8 98.7

9:00 96.4 98.7 98.6 98.6

11:00 98.1 98.2 98.3 98.3

3/6

8:40 am 97.7 97.5 97.6

8:40 pm 98.9! 98.8!

Woah! Pretty cool. Highest so far.

Had my first work out since re feeding. Felt great. Was warm and sweaty. Hadn’t felt that way working out in a while. Felt strong as hell to. Re feed was well over do. I think I will tone down the iodine intake a little. Turns out I was taking way more than I thought. Any thoughts KSman?

Intend on monitoring body temps when I lower carbs again.

Was still kinda tired throughout the workout though. Weird. Was yawning while squatting near max.

3/7

9:00 97.4 97.5 97.5

1:00 97.7 97.5 97.7

4:00 98.0 98.1 98.3

6:30 97.8 97.8 97.8

Seems like progress to me. Not really sure.

Turns out I wasn’t taking way more iodine than I thought. It’s been about 20 mg a day. Will start taking more.

We really do not know how much iodine to take for iodine replenishment. Have been going with around 750mg delivered in a few weeks.

Any changes in mental clarity?

[quote]KSman wrote:
We really do not know how much iodine to take for iodine replenishment. Have been going with around 750mg delivered in a few weeks.

Any changes in mental clarity?[/quote]

You know a little bit. Like someone put glasses on my brain. Not as foggy. Haven’t had a day time nap in a week either. There were times when I felt like it but not like I needed to. My eye sight seems better to.

I try not to be hyper aware of any changes. Know what I mean?

Also I’m not sure if all the extra calories have an affect.

3/8

8:30 97.5 97.5 97.4

4:00 98.0 98.2 98.1

8:00 98.5 98.4 98.4

3/12

9:00 97.3 97.3 97.3 (bed)

12:00 98.1 98.0 97.9

4:30 98.4 98.4 98.5

12:00 97.9 98.1 97.8

Would you consider these to be normal temps? They seem to fluctuate a little from day to day.

Really tired the past few days. Lots of anxiety to for no reason. This comes and goes. Sense of well being constantly fluctuates throughout the day. One moment I feel like a million bucks. Next minute I can’t stand in a room full of people.

KSman any thoughts on what to do from here? Things to do? I know you want labs but I won’t be able to get anymore for a while.

Also started taking some adrenal fatigue supps. Stuff like holy basil alpha gpc rhodiola rosea and bovine adrenals.

3/13

9:00 97.3 97.4

3:30 98.8 98.7 98.6 98.6

9:00 99.0 98.9 98.8