20 YO Following Training Roadmap!

Ah, gotcha.

You completely skipped the prowler work

3 Likes

It seems as though he also skipped this:

(Emphasis mine.)

@youngLifter1 - No joke, if you’re legit broke (I know I was at 20 y/o) and can’t afford to buy 5/3/1 Forever, let me know. I’ll gladly buy you a copy.

6 Likes

I have found it in the pdf form

Edit: Made mistake, it says paperback and not PDF, I thought its to buy on kindle

I appreciate your resourcefulness, but JW is too great a resource—to this community and to me in my own personal transformation—to not buck up for a real copy.

Let me buy you one. It’s better that way.

3 Likes

You have pirated a book from one of the coaches on this site…

actually l have found a book in pdf form that is not free and that I need to buy… never pirated anything in my life

I don’t believe Jim sells digital copies of the book. If you found this, then someone else pirated it and is profiting off Jim’s work.

1 Like

It says paperback… my bad
But there are multiple resources, amazon and official site

Jim has not released Forever on pdf. Its still piracy my dude

Edit: saw you found the paperback. That’s going to set you up well my dude!

Ok, I found myself offended because I’ve mistaken paperback and pdf… am not sure still what did I say so wrong, but ok

I think its a misunderstanding dude, these things happen over the internet, i’m sure there’s no ill will on either side.

I think that book will set you up well, i wish i’d had access to it at your age.

6 Likes

Will try my best to be more precise in future, thanks for the motivation

5 Likes

Yeah! Time to get big and strong!

2 Likes

Fistly well done for starting the log and for deciding to move away from just working out and deciding to start training. I see above you have managed to find a place to buy 531 forever which is excellent. When you get the book take time to read it and then read it again. If you dont understand things please ask as there are lots of Jim fans on here who have experience with his training system.

Just looking at the bench press day that you completed below

And then read this comment

I found it interesting that you found it lacking volume when I can see 17 sets of pushing exercise ? Not sure what you think is the correct amount of volume or what program you were running before. All I can offer is to trust the program you have selected. I will also say, if you are going to run one of the challenge programs like Hardgainers it is very important to follow it exactly as written including all the conditioning and diet recommendations.

I think Dave summed it up nicely here, forget everything you think you know about going to the gym and open up to a new way of training.

Excited for you sir. Good luck with it.

3 Likes

I suggested the Hardgainer program because it is a complete program. No guesswork. Just plug in your numbers and lift. Easy peasy.
There should be no confusion.

However, I made the suggestion assuming you would be able to squat and deadlift after 3-4 of training.
All 531 programs are percentage based. That means you have to know what your maxes are in order to calculate the progression of your lifts.

I find it ridiculous that you made the decision to not like the program after ONE workout. You said yourself you have not made any progress in size in 1.5 years, so obviously YOUR way is NOT working.

As the old saying goes… If what you are doing isn’t working try something else.

1 Like

Deadlift day:
warm-up: box jumps and skip rope
Deadlfit:
90x5
100x5
120x5
90x5x5

BB rows: 60x20 80x10 100x10 110x5 80x15
Pull-ups weighted: BWx20 +20kgx8 +20kgx8 +20kgx8
Crunches decline bench: 20 reps 15 reps 15 reps

Should I do conventional or sumo DL?

2 Likes

Which ever one works best for you.

1 Like

How should I know, barely done any DL in my life

I would concentrate on conventional right now until you get your set up and form perfected then.

4 Likes

Jim deadlifts conventionally, so thats probably a good shout.