20 Years Old, Second Show Prep

Nah I agree with you man, way too soft. I think I over estimated my final off-season calories and so my calories were a little too high for the first month of dieting, especially my starches, so I’ve been playing catch-up ever since. I think I will look pretty good this year but I doubt I will have the conditioning or finish I did last year, so I don’t know if Ill be winning anything. Disappointing but I guess its a good lesson.

These pictures were 5 weeks out, this one is a little over 3 weeks.

another

Another

Wow, looking really good. excellent back shot

Just nitpicking, but I’d try to bring up your chest and lowerbody. Still incredibly impressive though dude, good luck at the show.

Thanks man, they will be definitely be a big focus this off season. Next year I will probably throw up some more pictures

How many years have you been lifting?

Been lifting weights since I was 13, been training competitively for maybe 2 years

What are some lifting stats (Bench, Squat, Deads, if you do them?)

Right now Im very weak and am lifting only what my diet will allow me to, in the off season:
Bench press 365 for 6 reps or so
Have not done back squats in a while because of a knee issue but front squatting 315 for 2-3 reps
Deadlift 495 for 3-4 reps

Damn man, thats a good bench press, deadlift is pretty good too actually.

Reason I asked all these questions cause my build is similar to your’s but i’m no where near your muscular size (yet ;] )

A few more, next ones will be from the show

another

Another

well bro, I realise you are a novice at this thing, and what your are doing is fantastic, however keep in mind where you are right now is the absolute fattest i’ve ever been off season :(… That’s to say your conditioning is bad, but once again you are a novice at this… which is perfectly fine.

If bodybuilding is something you enjoy and wish to continue…and you want to win at the higher levels, try and hold your condition following the show, and create a new set-point for yourself… then diet from this BF% into your next show.

This is my opinion as I am not in the camp who believes one must ‘bulk’ or get fat in the offseason to maximize growth.

Dam man, I’m not an expert or anything but if a can look like you when I’m 20 I’ll be wrapt.

Good luck for the show, can’t wait to see more pictures of you in competition form.

For only 2 years in on the compedative side of things, and only being 20, you look like your doing pretty damn good. I would focus more on bringing the legs up to par because it was the first thing I noticed. Back width is pretty impressive though.

Prisoner:
You are right, I was not at all satisfied with my conditioning this year. I made some errors in my preparation and paid for them on stage. I am happy with the year in total though, I learned a lot and feel I have a really solid plan set out for the coming off season. Thanks for your input man, it’s good to have some one of your caliber offering advice.

Made top 5, finished 4th. I had the size, just lacked the finish that the top 3 had.

How do you train your back? How long are you in the gym each workout?

[quote]TommyT11 wrote:
Prisoner:
You are right, I was not at all satisfied with my conditioning this year. I made some errors in my preparation and paid for them on stage. I am happy with the year in total though, I learned a lot and feel I have a really solid plan set out for the coming off season. Thanks for your input man, it’s good to have some one of your caliber offering advice.

Made top 5, finished 4th. I had the size, just lacked the finish that the top 3 had. [/quote]

Good job man.

I wish you the best of luck going forward.

Do you have stage pics? (assuming you want to share that is…)