20 Years Old - On TRT, is Hcg Needed

Hello sorry if this has been covered somewhere but looking for some information on wether I need to be on hcg with my trt.

I started trt about 6 months ago after finding my levels were hovering in the 300 range and felt awful. We tried a few clomid restarts but every time I came off clomid my numbers tanked again

The doc decided “in the mean time” we get on TRT but did not want me on it for long

Well it’s been 6 months and I feel that is too long to be on without hcg if I ever want to have kids.

No doctors seem to agree on anything or know much at all about trt as they pretend.

Is it your opinion that I start incorporating hcg?

I tried 500 units twice a week and developed severe depression so I stopped but I am suspecting I was tanking my e2 as I would take arimidex with every hcg injection so I’d be willing to try again.

Thanks

If you search this site you find recommendations of 200-250IU twice weekly to EOD if I am not mistaken. Taking an AI for the HcG is not going to help as the AI does not inhibit E2 conversion in the testicles. With that said, depending on your test dosage and route of administration, will all influence the rate and amount of T—> E conversion so an AI may still be necessary. Dosage of an AI should be dependent upon science (lab draws) and symptom abatement.

Your fertility is a great risk, and probably proportionate to how much your testes are shrinking.

Arimidex with each injection: Exact doses please.

Post your on-TRT labs with ranges.

See the finding a TRT doc sticky below.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.