T Nation

20 Years Old, Low Testosterone?

I’ve been bodybuilding for 2 years now and I’ve made great gains, so I never thought that I had low testosterone. I’ve recently looked at the symptoms. These are the ones I have out of the list.

· Low sex drive check

· Erectile dysfunction (ED)

· Increased irritability or depression check

· Fatigue check

· Reduced muscle mass and strength

· Inability to concentrate check

· Decreased bone density; osteoporosis

What are your thoughts on this?

If you believe you have a medical condition go to a doctor. How would we be able to tell you what’s causing your symptoms?

Edit: wait, are you saying your symptoms are that you’re tired, irritable and have a short attention span? If that’s it, maybe take a deload week or something but I wouldn’t assume I have a medical condition because I’m suffering from the same minor symptoms as basically anyone who has a job or goes to school. Don’t you notice anytime people want to sell you a cure for something they say do you feel fatigued, irritable, loss of concentration… that’s because everyone gets that way sometimes.

if your looking to change things without medical help (which i would go get) hop on some test boosters, or the ultimate one steriods,
other than that, see your m.d
diet cant affect hormons neather can enviroment

[quote]will to power wrote:
If you believe you have a medical condition go to a doctor. How would we be able to tell you what’s causing your symptoms?

Edit: wait, are you saying your symptoms are that you’re tired, irritable and have a short attention span? If that’s it, maybe take a deload week or something but I wouldn’t assume I have a medical condition because I’m suffering from the same minor symptoms as basically anyone who has a job or goes to school. Don’t you notice anytime people want to sell you a cure for something they say do you feel fatigued, irritable, loss of concentration… that’s because everyone gets that way sometimes.[/quote]

ruuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhllllllllll

listen i just this week ran into the same problem, i am too 20 years of age and recently had my bloodwork taked. my testosterone count was 496 wich bothered me because its on the lower middle side of the spectrem, that is i think 350-1000. I have been lifting for three years and would have never guessed i would have this problem.

I was 165 when i started lifting and now am 230; but i am running into serious blocks in my gains. I too suffer from most of those symptoms wich has worried me. so i started asking around the vets of lifting at the gym i work for and this is the response i got, wrong or right.
Testosterone is a hormone that continually rises and falls so its impossible to get a direct reading on it. Testosterone can be effected by almost anything in your body: sleep, diet, emotions, stress and basic genetics,ext… look at it as a tree where there are many leafs that resembles factors of the testosterone production tree.

the advice given to me was to change some these things and stay posotive wich is hard agian if your going to school/ work and problems of life, and get tested agian in a month or so and the count might be higher.
As of taking test boosters and steriods, it will deff get your test higher but its only a quick fix and if you ask any docter they will say when your off it it will bring your natural testosterone levels back to normal if not lower it alittle permanently…
Again thats just what i heard, so if you come across anything please lemme know cause were in the same boat!

how much do you sleep?

and how often do you train?

Could be cortisol levels elevated, too.

I thought the same thing and started taking Alpha Male when I was 19, I am now 20. It makes such a huge difference in my mood alone, not to mention energy levels, etc. I love it, I think it was the right choice for me personally.

[quote]therealyoungguns wrote:

[/quote]

How did you diagnose this one?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
therealyoungguns wrote:

How did you diagnose this one?[/quote]

Zap the last two posts of yours I’ve seen I swear you are reading my mind. Must be that very sexy learning disorder “sexlexia” you have.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
therealyoungguns wrote:

How did you diagnose this one?

Zap the last two posts of yours I’ve seen I swear you are reading my mind. Must be that very sexy learning disorder “sexlexia” you have. [/quote]

Sexlexia. lol

He put ‘check’ by the symptoms he believes he is exhibiting.

[quote]Lurker27 wrote:
He put ‘check’ by the symptoms he believes he is exhibiting.[/quote]beat me to it

lol, sometimes I swear people on this site don’t read or comprehend.

[quote]therealyoungguns wrote:
I’ve recently looked at the symptoms. These are the ones I have out of the list.

· Low sex drive check

· Erectile dysfunction (ED)

· Increased irritability or depression check

· Fatigue check

· Reduced muscle mass and strength

· Inability to concentrate check

What are your thoughts on this?

[/quote]

Are you guys not seeing the part where he says “These are the ones I HAVE” I didn’t see him say, the ones with the word check next to them are what I have and the ones I randomly put on here that don’t have check are just there to confuse you for no reason, did you?

Either you are the ones who aren’t comprehending or the OP did a lame job of saying what his symptoms he actually has and.

As per the actual point of the thread, OP have you seen a doctor about this yet?

Sounds like you’re over trained/ing to me.

I get the same way with working out and school, I’m 24. I would take a week, or maybe two, off and see how you feel. Just eat and catch up on rest.

[quote]v1king wrote:
Lurker27 wrote:
He put ‘check’ by the symptoms he believes he is exhibiting.beat me to it

lol, sometimes I swear people on this site don’t read or comprehend.

[/quote]

Good stuff. I totally missed the “check” but that is one of the more confusing ways to list symptoms.

Doesn’t sound like low T to me.

Yea tbh this mostly sounds like you’re just a bit stressed.

You didn’t tell us the time course of these symtpoms btw, have you always been like this?

Just chill and don’t worry about shit, maybe you’re T is a bit lower at the moment but that wouldn’t mean it itself is cause for concern. Just sort your lifestyle out and it would probably go back to normal.

btw jdog7, 496ng/dl isn’t anything to worry about. I’d be pretty happy to get that, tbh. Without knowing what your T levels used to be like, you can’t assume they’re problematically low. If you just “naturally” have T of that level then so be it. It doesn’t tell you anything about your athletic or BBing potential.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
therealyoungguns wrote:

Are you guys not seeing the part where he says “These are the ones I HAVE” I didn’t see him say, the ones with the word check next to them are what I have and the ones I randomly put on here that don’t have check are just there to confuse you for no reason, did you?

Either you are the ones who aren’t comprehending or the OP did a lame job of saying what his symptoms he actually has and.

As per the actual point of the thread, OP have you seen a doctor about this yet?[/quote]

Scott, I thought the same thing as you at first, hence why I initially said go to a doctor but the osteoporosis made me do a double take and the kid has in fact laid it out in a confusing as hell way. I don’t know if it’s a generational thing or maybe an internet thing but it use to be that guys only went to the doctor if they absolutely had to. Now someone’s tired so he’s diagnosing himself with a hormonal disorder? Am I the only who thinks jumping to that conclusion is totally cracked?

Is the low sex drive only with girls?

I think we have the answer…

[quote]Footballer90 wrote:
if your looking to change things without medical help (which i would go get) hop on some test boosters, or the ultimate one steriods,
other than that, see your m.d
diet cant affect hormons neather can enviroment[/quote]

R U SERIOUS DUDE? have you ever read any article on this site?

DIET EFFECT HORMONES BIG TIME< testosterone, insulin, GH are all affected by HORMONES< top that off EICASANOIDS are super hormones built from OMEGA 3 diet.

YOur testosterone will be higher when your calories are higher especially fats , but low carb has shown to decrease test by twenty two percent.

TO THE OP: read massive eating eat eat eat, take rez v and Alpha Male, sit back eat again and enjoy.

I had your problem when I was 22 so obsessed about t levels, I can honestly say my levels are better at thirty than they were at 22, I was overtraining so much and always dieting.