T Nation

20 Years Old, 2.5 ng/dL Free T

So my last post sucked and I apologize for that. I hadn’t got any lab results yet. Now that they are in, I am confused. FT was 25.7 pg/mL which translates to 2.5 ng/dL. According to the given standard range, I have high FT, but according to every other range I have seen online it is super low. Am I mistaken?

TT = 587 ng/dL (264-916)
FT = 25.7 pg/mL (9.3-26.5)
E2 = 18.4 pg/mL (7.6-42.6)
SHBG = 44.1 nmol/L (16.5-55.9)
LH = 3.1 mIU/mL (1.7-8.6)
FSH = 3.2 mIU/mL (2.0-9.2)
TSH = 2.140 uIU/mL (0.450-4.500)

So my FT is 0.4% of my TT and that is high end of normal range??? I think this range is not right.

*I didn’t test the other thyroid stuff because I was told that they were going to “check my thyroid” as part of my tests and I didn’t realize that only meant TSH…I should have known to expect the least

Those numbers would be that bad if you were in your 40-50’s, SHBG isn’t terribly high. You mention no symtoms whatsoever…? You have a solid chance at raising your numbers if your SHBG doesn’t cause problems later, I would find a natural way to decrease it while making lifestyle changes to improve your TT numbers.

Thank you for your feedback. Do you know a healthy range of free testosterone?

Something doesn’t add up right. Your SHBG is relatively high. With those TT numbers you should have much lower free T, possibly below range.

That’s what I was thinking. Medium TT, High SHBG, high FT? I don’t understand those ratios and I don’t understand why if I convert my FT from pg/mL to ng/dL, the number is below every normal range on the internet.

@KSman Really want to hear from you; you are so knowledgeable!