20 Year Old with Low T

Hi guys,

For a while now I felt symptoms of low T. Constant tiredness, muscle pain, insomnia, lack of motivation, low libido and depression. I got a blood test done for testosterone scores and I scored a 12.2nmol/l which is the equivalent of 350. I’m 20 years old and feel that this is a low T score. The NHS in England however won’t give me TRT as it’s not below their ‘normal’ level 300-1200 (which accumulates average test scores from teens all the way to 80 year olds so is inaccurate, in fact 350 is the average test level of an 80 year old) what is my next option? Is it safe to self administer TRT? And how would I go about it? I would have to get it via online sources which I do have but I am clueless when it comes to taking it.

All advice is highly appreciated,

Thank you,
Robert

You are not going to get any help from the NHS with your levels. TRT in the UK is a joke and most of our protocols over in the states are not the same there. You are likely to get Nebido or some other long acting test. In the UK, while being a grey area, you can personally possess test in small quantities for your own use. Read the TRT sticky on how to administer if that’s the route you choose to go. I caution you though, at 20 I would want to find out the causation before TRT as that is for life. You could have something treatable.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc - probably not useful for you

At your age, low-T is not the problem, it is the symptom.

Labs:
TT
FT
E2
prolactin
LH/FSH

Problems can be thyroid related?
Do you use iodized salt?
Feel cold easily?
Outer eyebrows sparse?
Eval overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky.
Having “normal” thyroid labs does not mean that things are right.

Thank you for your response! So would you say it is better off acquiring the test for personal use from a source rather than the form of test I could possibly get from the NHS? I was considering questioning the results with the doctor in regards to it being low for my age. However, if the test isn’t good I won’t bother. Also, I am unlikely to find out why I have lower test because they consider it in the ‘normal’ range and so are unlikely to investigate

Thank you for the link for the stickies. The problem is, I am unlikely to ever find the root cause of the low T due to the doctors not considering the score as low. Would you suggest I just jump straight onto self administered TRT then?

No I would not suggest that to a 20 year old. I would retest in 6-8 weeks to see if it s a continuation of the problem. There are some guys on a U.K. based forum called muscletalk that can give some advice on U.K. TRT.