20 Y/O With Low Libido/ED

Hi everyone. I’m glad to have found this site. It seems pretty informative and supportive. I wasn’t sure which forum to post on…

A little about myself. I’m 20 and have been having low libido/ED for a year. Not much stress/good diet/no drugs/alcohol/medications. It’s been on and off. Every 4-6 weeks I will be horny and get hard boners (there are variations each time though). This lasts from 2-5 days. Other times I’m just off. Could it be some hormonal disorder? Now think back I think I’d seen a decline in libido/erection quality the past 3 years, but not to the point of ED. It’s definitely possible that my problem started back then.

Several doctors just say it’s psychological and shit. I’ve also noticed no or weak morning wood. It scared the hell out of me. T tested, came back low at 345. (However the lowest normal is 241, which I know, is probly for the elderly. Of course those doctors don’t give a flying fvck.) LH is also low at 3.

After reading from this site and some other sources I finally took it to the urologist yesterday. He agreed that my T is a little low for my age. DHEA/T got tested and then a 200mg shot was given. I’m going back in 2 weeks to have another shot.

I know I have yet to see the results. How soon do T shots usually start working? Also, I know my balls would be shut down in like weeks if I didn’t take certain actions? Not sure what they are. I got answers like anti-E’s/LH/HCG from diff people.

Thanks for any advice.

Nothing to add, just wanted to say good luck with your treatment. I hope all goes well.

what kind of “Shot” did you get, meaning what was it exactly and how much(Test)

Check this out. http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=824365

[quote]Nicholas F wrote:

Check this out. http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=824365[/quote]

Test cypionate 200mg/mL. I’m gonna get the next one (same) in 2 weeks.

Any Depression?

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
Any Depression? [/quote]

No. I’m at a normal energy level, have good appetite, and sleep well. I haven’t noticed any differences from when I didn’t have problems.

Also considering the cycling of libido/erection quality, I believe it’s a hormonal thing.

[quote]ddh33 wrote:
Nicholas F wrote:

Check this out. http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=824365

Test cypionate 200mg/mL. I’m gonna get the next one (same) in 2 weeks.

[/quote]

excellent. that all seems right, and if you can talk your doc into letting you split that into weekly injections, even better.

Kudos to your doc for helping you out despite age concerns and you not having a seriously low test level.

It may take awile for you to get used to it. Good luck and post back.

Yeah this doctor looks eager to help.

3 days passed and I haven’t noticed anything yet. It ain’t gonna work this soon riight?

[quote]ddh33 wrote:

3 days passed and I haven’t noticed anything yet. It ain’t gonna work this soon riight?[/quote]

[quote]ddh33 wrote:

3 days passed and I haven’t noticed anything yet. It ain’t gonna work this soon riight?[/quote]

yes you are right 3 days is to soon, I also started test -cyp on the 18th and from what I am told it can take anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks to notice, I am taking 100 mg a week
and expect to feel something in a couple of more days. I have also been told that shots
given in the quads seem to have a quicker response verses the glutes. you might want to check into self administering the shots as well!

What’s your diet like? I had a similar problem a while ago and realized I wasn’t eating enough calories and saturated fat.

[quote]kevbo wrote:
What’s your diet like? I had a similar problem a while ago and realized I wasn’t eating enough calories and saturated fat.[/quote]

Extremely low carb diets also can have this effect in some people.

[quote]bullddogg wrote:
ddh33 wrote:

3 days passed and I haven’t noticed anything yet. It ain’t gonna work this soon riight?

yes you are right 3 days is to soon, I also started test -cyp on the 18th and from what I am told it can take anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks to notice, I am taking 100 mg a week
and expect to feel something in a couple of more days. I have also been told that shots
given in the quads seem to have a quicker response verses the glutes. you might want to check into self administering the shots as well!
[/quote]

I heard the exact same thing. Anywhere from 1 to three weeks.

Kudos to you bulldog. Your doing a couple major things right. First, you bet its better to shoot into the quads. Ive heard that from an overwhelming amount of people. There is actually a set way to figure out where exact on your quad to shoot, I can’t remember how to do it, maybe someone can chime in. Second, weekly injections of 100mg are better than bi weekly 200mg.

Take notes to that dd and make some changes, and stick with it!

I’m actually gonna go out on a limb here and say its diet. If anything just try the Anabolic Diet for the induction phase of 12 days. Besides the initial weightloss, there’s been a reported side-effect of increased libido (aka horny bastards)among some of the reports in the AD thread. Just my .02

I’m Chinese so you can sorta see what my diet is like…lots of steamed rice and veggies, and a fair amount of all kinds of meat, mostly pork and chicken. Also beef/fish/eggs, etc. Most likely less meat and calories (we don’t eat cheese) than an American diet. I’m sure there’s more salt too.

I don’t think that makes any difference though as my diet has been consistent for over 10 years.

As for the injections I will tell my doc about doing it weekly, if I see good results in the coming weeks.

It’s gonna take a few weeks to see any effect from the test. You should notice an increase in libido and quality of erection. At that dose, it is just physiologic replacement, you won’t see a tremendous increase in muscle mass. You are going to be, hormonally, a “normal” guy.

[quote]brand wrote:
kevbo wrote:
What’s your diet like? I had a similar problem a while ago and realized I wasn’t eating enough calories and saturated fat.

Extremely low carb diets also can have this effect in some people. [/quote]

Also check out your workspace. If you’re around second hand smoke a lot, that’s probably a good start to some problems. What does your sleep schedule look like?

Things to try…

1. Extra supplement of Zinc, (my recommendation 30 Mg) or Zinc-based supplement like ZMA. Before sleep.

2. Try Ginseng! Great supplement, but use it in cycles.

3. If your traning hard, cut down or initiate a week of rest.

4. The mental aspect is important as well. When a low libido occur, its the bodys way of saying “hey, im shutting this area down and mobilizing strength to solve the other problem/problems”.

Perhaps my spelling sucks, but hey! Im Swedish! :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the input. A couple replies:

1. I don’t think I’m around second-hand smoke much. I don’t hang out with people who smoke, so I’m probably not getting any more second-hand smoke than the next guy.

2. My sleep schedule: go to bed around 1:30, wake up…used to be 11ish, now 10ish. I’ve been sleeping well.

3. Tried zinc 50mg ed a few months back, didn’t see any effect. Should I take it concurrently with test?

4. I haven’t worked out in awhile.

As for the test, I haven’t noticed nothing yet. I know I’m paranoid, but does it work like in an instant? Do you just wake up one day with a big boner? Feel so horny you wanna bang every hot chick that comes your way? (In some others’ words lol) I know you’d say I’m being impatient and it’s only been 6 days, but please reassure me…

[quote]ddh33 wrote:
Thanks for all the input. A couple replies:

1. I don’t think I’m around second-hand smoke much. I don’t hang out with people who smoke, so I’m probably not getting any more second-hand smoke than the next guy.

2. My sleep schedule: go to bed around 1:30, wake up…used to be 11ish, now 10ish. I’ve been sleeping well.

3. Tried zinc 50mg ed a few months back, didn’t see any effect. Should I take it concurrently with test?

4. I haven’t worked out in awhile.

As for the test, I haven’t noticed nothing yet. I know I’m paranoid, but does it work like in an instant? Do you just wake up one day with a big boner? Feel so horny you wanna bang every hot chick that comes your way? (In some others’ words lol) I know you’d say I’m being impatient and it’s only been 6 days, but please reassure me…[/quote]

Maybe, the problem is that your not working out? Some ordinary exersice may be in place, and try Ginseng!

Almost impossible to predict the cause of this, but I wish you a good morning bo…!