20 Y/O. Advice on Lab Results? High E2, Prolactin, Low TSH

Hi, I’m 20 Y/O, 178lbs, probably around 15-16% body fat right now. Have trained for a number of years and watch my diet. Am currently on a mild cut so watch everything i eat, count macros etc etc. and am not in a stupid deficit or on any silly diet (400 kcal deficit each day, adequate protein,carb and fat intake).

Going to keep this relatively simple as i made a post before and it was far too long so no-one would read it!

My past - done a 10 week test e only cycle just before christmas last year (around 16 months ago) - i was 19 i know i was too young, i regret it hugely. i took the precautions i believed were neccessary at the time to do it properly, taking adex on cycle and a proper pct which seemed to be the standard for a 10 week test e cycle consisting of both nolva and clomid, starting 2 weeks post pct and lasting for 4 weeks. fast forward to today and i’ve still not fully recovered, and after endless meetings with my gp’s just for them to come back to me and say everything is fine and its all in my head because my testosterone levels are just about in the reference range. anyways, after much research i believed my problem was elevated e2 for a number of reasons and so started to take adex to bring it down on my own but wasn’t really successful, never being able to reach the much talked about sweet spot. I stopped taking it and started to take only DIM and started all the necessary possible precautions to bring my bodies hormone levels back to where they should be, but nothing has changed.

The problem. I have no sex drive at all, libido is non-existent, never get morning wood at all, penis is constantly lifeless and testicles are always tight and feel soft. during the time i took adex my penis and testicles started to hang as they used to again, but i still couldn’t get a full erection, maybe 60% max. This has caused me many problems and i’ve had enough of it - im 20 years old and can’t remember what it’s like to have the urge to be with a girl, and its horrible.

i got more blood test results done a week ago and here are the results:

Serum testosterone level - 20.6 nmol/L, REF RANGE 8.00-27.00 nmol/L
Serum prolactin level - 593 mU/L, REF RANGE 45-375 mU/L
LH - 7.2 u/L, REF RANGE 1.5-18.1
FSH - 5.8 u/L, REF RANGE 1.4 - 18.1
Plasma glucose level - 4.4 nmol/L - REF RANGE 3.00-7.80nmol
TSH level - 0.79 mu/L - REF RANGE 0.30 - 5.50 mu/L
Serum Oestradiol level - 172 pmol/L - REF RANGE up to 191 pmol/L

ALL REFERENCE RANGES ARE THE ONES PROVIDED ON MY RESULTS

The doctors say everything is fine and theres nothing to worry about - so not great help considering my man parts still don’t work so thanks to them once again for doing nothing.

I’d appreciate if anyone could give me their two cents on my problems - my e2 and prolactin look like they’re out of whack, so anyone with any ideas about what i can take to sort myself out it would be much appreciated as it feels as if i’ve lost almost a year of my life to this problem already. thanks again.

Try getting near E2=80 pmol/L with 0.5mg/week anastrozole two doses per week.

Most PCT info on BB sites is stupid. SERM’s should never be stacked and should be low dose, 20-25mg every other day max, sometimes less than that.

Do not test prolactin within a few days of orgasm or hugging babies, kittens, puppies etc as that causes prolactin release. Otherwise one worries about a prolactin secreting pituitary adinoma that needs to be evaluated as it can press on the optic nerves. Retest later.

TT appears OK
FT not tested but may be reduced by E2 induced SHBG
SHBG not tested
AST/ALT not tested
CBC not tested

LH/FSH looks good, lower T may be implying a problem with the testes.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

Thanks for the reply KSman,
I started taking .25mg a-dex yesterday (was gonna do E3D but i’ll do MON/THU).
Thanks for the advice on SERM’s for PCT, definitely ran too much and will keep that in mind for the future.
Funny you should say that, I was just reading one of your posts where you said the same thing about increasing prolactin - though i wish recent orgasms was the cause of my elevated prolactin. I’m seeing my doctor tomorrow and am sure i’ll get asked to go for another blood test so will make sure none of those are an issue for my next one.

With regards to my recent blood work, i’m not sure why the doc didn’t include those this time - i do have some results from January but not sure how relevant they are now but here they are (again not everything tested)

Total T - 17.5 nmol/L
FSH - 6.8
LH - 6.1
SHBG - 43 nmol/L (13-71nmol/L)
Free angrogen index - 40.7%

Again, i’m going to my doctors tomorrow so will ask them this time to retest everything needed together.

I’ll look a lot more into the thyroid stickys and will start to check my oral body temperature. I never mentioned it previously as wasn’t sure if it could be a connected issue but I do have a hard time with the cold, could this be a thyroid problem? I’m not talking a problem with the cold as in i don’t like going outside when its cold, i mean i constantly need a jumper on and the heater on in my room, my hands and feet (hands especially) are cold most of the time and when i’ve just come in and it’s cold outside it seems to take them forever to warm up. I thought it might just be me being a little girl (still might be) but can’t remember always having that sort of problem?
Thanks again for the reply and advice.

Your feeling cold as you described is a strong symptom.

Need those body temps, AM and mid-afternoon.

Please explain your history of using iodized salt. An iodine deficiency can be fixed and low thyroid function slows down every cell, tissue and organ system in your body.

Are your outer eyebrows also sparse?

Please edit-in lab SHBG ranges above.

With young males, elevate prolactin, after a second lab, typically leads to a pituitary MRI to see what is going on. Normally we expect higher prolactin to reduce LH/FSH, but no sign of that. So test LH/FSH again? - no, we have two similar results for LH/FSH.

Thanks again for the reply,
i ordered an oral thermometer after you suggested i take my body temps - it arrived just now (1:30 pm) so I thought i’d give it a go and see where i’m at as a mid-afternoon check, bare in mind im revising so haven’t moved out of my chair for a few hours so it should be a fair reading - and it came back at 96.0, three times in a row. I’ll check tomorrow morning straight away when i wake up to get a better idea. Also, since you mentioned it yes my outer eyebrows are sparse, not sure if i’m over thinking it since you asked that but i’d think they are.
In regards to the iodized salt usage i haven’t really heard much of it in the past, so have not really given it a thought, however after reading the sticky on thyroid function etc and looking at my symptoms it may be a good idea to look into it.
I also presume that having thyroid problems would lead to a weak immune system? because i can’t figure out for the life of me why i keep getting ill when i don’t drink or do drugs (recreational) but live a healthy lifestyle, watch what i eat, take various vitamins etc and go gym regularly.
When i went to see my doctor he didn’t think there was anything wrong with my blood tests coming back within ranges (except prolactin but he said it wasn’t high enough to be a problem) so after a lengthy discussion he’s referring me to see someone else. However, since taking the a-dex i have noticed some changes and feel better already.

Those thyroid lab ranges really mean that doctors ignore symptoms and real problems.

Most of the world had problems with low iodine, goiters and metal retardation, then in 1922, iodized salt was introduced and doctors forgot about the issue, now people are not getting iodized salt, sea salt is so nice, and docs never ask about iodine intake. Retards!

When you increase iodine intake, you MUST be getting a known source of selenium. Look for a multi-vit that lists iodine+selenium 150mcg and 150-200mcg.

Immune system: can be thyroid issue, or low Vit-D3. Issues are climate, sun exposure and skin color. Darker skin reduces Vit-D3 generation from sun exposure. You can test Vit-D25 or for the money, simply take 5000iu every day, 25,000iu first 5 days, find tiny 5000iu oil based gel caps.

Most males should avoid iron in vitamins and iron fortified foods: cereals, flour, rice, bread etc. CBC blood work can be your guide. When we see thin blood that suggests low iron, we suspect a GI blood loss and recommend that your poop get checked to detect if there is a GI bleed.