20 Rep Squats

[quote]mikeron wrote:
Dan5290 wrote:
Why milk? Is it just because it’s a good source of protein? What if I decided that I wanted to make it “chicken-heavy” instead? Would that work the same? I mean, it’s not like milk is some magic ingredient, it’s just ensuring that you’re getting enough protein, right?

You should also remember that the early proponents of 20 Rep Squats drank raw milk, which is in fact magical.

[/quote]
Once upon a time people celebrated that they stopped dying of food poisoning from drinking raw milk that was contaminated with some of those lovely bugs living around livestock… dam Pasture!

I think 20 rep squat programs showed up before the protein supplementation industry got going, so recommending milk made a lot of sense. Milk could be found most places and it has lots of protein.

Good job buddy. I did this about a year ago and got stretch marks at the top of my thighs. Good stuff! :slight_smile:

I was inspired after buying Supersquats and started it the next day. I did it once a week and added 10 lbs each time I squated. I started at 205lbs and got up to 285lbs. It started bothering my back so I stopped but it really did its job.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
As for weight gain, I last weighed in at 181 two weeks ago (?). I started at about 168.

Yes, you’ll get mentally tougher if you stick with this. I didnt have any starting pics or measurements (stupid of me) but I definitly feel my pants are tighter in the quad and glute area. I guess thats easy enough of a way to judge progress.

I dont have my digital camera on my until I go home (next saturday), so maybe I’ll take some pics then even though they’re relatively useless since I dont have before pics.[/quote]

[quote]Chirs wrote:

You should also remember that the early proponents of 20 Rep Squats drank raw milk, which is in fact magical.

Once upon a time people celebrated that they stopped dying of food poisoning from drinking raw milk that was contaminated with some of those lovely bugs living around livestock… dam Pasture!

[/quote]

People seem to forget this.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
As for weight gain, I last weighed in at 181 two weeks ago (?). I started at about 168.

Yes, you’ll get mentally tougher if you stick with this. I didnt have any starting pics or measurements (stupid of me) but I definitly feel my pants are tighter in the quad and glute area. I guess thats easy enough of a way to judge progress.

I dont have my digital camera on my until I go home (next saturday), so maybe I’ll take some pics then even though they’re relatively useless since I dont have before pics.[/quote]

Dude, that’s awesome. Just completing the six weeks is a feat in itself. The gravy is gaining 13 lbs on top of having the guts to finish out the cycle. A testament to your dedication (lunacy, whatever.) Again, great job!
Just curious what was your final bodyweight?

Can I jump in? I’m taking a break from Dogg Crapp. 5 days/week, just before a shower and sleep, I do 5 sets of 20, supersetting squats with good mornings, then curls with close-grip bench.

Its a fun break.

I did the Super Squats program about years ago…It was insane. I already had big legs, but those fuckers got bigger. All I know is, on squat day, no amount of food would satsify me! I eventually worked up to 420 x 20. I stopped after that, prob. because I had trouble walking for a week after.

[quote]GoHabs wrote:
edboze wrote:
Thinking more in terms of having him do this program as far as a post-rehab
anyone who has had an ACL reconstruction knows how much the quad will atrophy and from what I have read those that have done this program have good results in size as well as some strength also

I tore my acl playing soccer and yes, I experienced some ridiculous quad atrophy. The solution was lots of rehab and single-leg exercises.

• One-legged squats with the swiss ball between your back and the wall

• One-legged leg press

• Bulgarian squats

It took about 4 months post-surgery before I could play again and I was using a brace for the first season back. I wouldn’t worry too much about the specifics of his workout so long as there are single leg exercises involved. The size and strength will come back quick.

Good luck to your son.[/quote]

Thanks for your reply
he is doing well and the doc is very cautious not to risk tearing this graft … if has been a better choice… he used his middle third of his own patallar tendon… no clicking and not sure of the brace thing but he used one last year and did not help… many docs are against bracing as a knee is either stable or not and if it is weak no brace will help… he used a tibial graft from a cadaver the first surgery and my son rehabed well… think the graft choice was not going to hold under the stress of football…

There have been a couple of mentions on this thread of Tom Platz squatting 500x23. For those who would like to see the video, go to joeskopec.com - joeskopec Resources and Information.

and scroll down the page.

NB note that he has Kaz and Dr Squat spotting!

[quote]sharetrader wrote:
There have been a couple of mentions on this thread of Tom Platz squatting 500x23. For those who would like to see the video, go to joeskopec.com - joeskopec Resources and Information.

and scroll down the page.

NB note that he has Kaz and Dr Squat spotting![/quote]

Wow, that’s just a touch more than I can do.