T Nation

20-Rep Squats and AAS

Do you think this would be a good combination? The hardest type of training, along with some artificial help.

Has anyone ever done this, and do they recommend it?

I think steroids would help you recover faster, so you can do them more often, and they would let you keep putting on a bit more on the bar each time, for longer than you could otherwise.

What basis do you go off of to claim that a 20-rep (very light weight) squat is the hardest type of training?

That sounds like same bullcrap advice my old High School coach kept spewing.

You want to throw on mass while on AAS? Train at 90% of your max, shoot for 3-5 reps. Combine that with volume training. Load that bar up so heavy, your lungs burn after a set.

Although I’ll never love anything or anyone as much or as deeply as I love the deadlift.

I admit I haven’t done AAS, though I’m thinking about it.

I’ve just started 20-rep squats, but ALL the ancedontal evidence is that they’re dynamite - “Super Squats” by Strossen, and a lot of similar recommendaitons on the web.

You’ve got to push yourself real hard with them. I was thinking that steroids might be a good idea to help recovery and help do them more often/progress more often.

When i do my first cycle i’m sure that i’ll go as heavy as possible i love strength training especailly deadlifts and squats but for leg size 20 reps can help maby do that every other leg day everybody wants to be a bodybuilder but nobody wants to lift no heavy ass weight!

OTSS… you need to research research research
first on the training side of the game, then on the nutritional and (maybe) then start to gather info about AAS.

[quote]O.T.S.S. wrote:
Do you think this would be a good combination? The hardest type of training, along with some artificial help.

Has anyone ever done this, and do they recommend it?[/quote]

Good idea, but listen to your body!! I remember having problems with hypoglycemia following sets with 315lbs
basically work the legs but don’t go to the point where you feel physically ill afterwards.

And yeah higher reps, lighter weight will give more size. Feel the burn!!

Heavy ass weight only caused someone’s lats to be all fucked up!!!

[quote]Contrl wrote:
What basis do you go off of to claim that a 20-rep (very light weight) squat is the hardest type of training?

That sounds like same bullcrap advice my old High School coach kept spewing.

You want to throw on mass while on AAS? Train at 90% of your max, shoot for 3-5 reps. Combine that with volume training. Load that bar up so heavy, your lungs burn after a set.

Although I’ll never love anything or anyone as much or as deeply as I love the deadlift.[/quote]

Perhaps the OP meant 20 rep Widowmaker from Dogg Crapp, or something similar. I assure you that THAT is not easy.

contrl, you are supposed to do the “20 rep squat” deal with a 10 rm weight without putting the bar down taking a few breaths between reps on about 7+ rest pause style
Its not a 20rm set to failure

Ahh, see now that makes more sense. I take back what I said, in that case.

will you see pains with equipoise and test propionate in inject form…1 mL of equipoise and 1 1/2 mL of propionate…because im feeling some serious soreness

Steve, just out of curiosity, but where the hell did that come up in this discussion?