20 Rep Squat Challenge

Been alot of talk about 20 Rep squats routine whether, its refferred to as breathing squats, death sets, or a million other things I want to issue a challenge a race if you will to all in good spirit to see who is tough enough to honestly attack them. I for one will obviuosly be participating. There will be a few different categories so every one has a shot to put in some numbers.

1.1x Body weight on bar
2.1.5x body wieght on bar
3. All around heaviest.

Rules are simple.

1. Squat any stance you like.
  2. BELTS AND KNEE WRAPS ONLY
  3. Must go to atleast parrell
  4. Must perform atleast 20 reps( for body weight you may end up getting 20+ and obviously that’s who is champ in that category)
  5. Videos only required if shooting for the top squatter in that category.

No limit to how many times you post or attempt it and PRs are welcome as everyday posts just to see how every one is doing. So lets get this going and get some fucking sick legs.

So far my best is 225 for 22 reps performed this Tuesday. So I am champ of 1x bodyweight (i weight 198lbs) and heaviest so far lol perks to being the first in the competition. Some one beat me so we can get some competition going.

I’m in.

Regular stance. No gear, belts or wraps for me. Will have video and of course parallel.

I’m 6’2 weigh 220. I’m at 425x1 max squat. Not sure what I can get 20 repped. We will see.

When Is the deadline for when someone can join in on this?

No real deadline just jump in and add some competition. Looking forward to seeing what you got bigredmachine your Max is about 60lbs more than mine so you ought to have a high 200 I am betting.

So… if I do 1x bodyweight for more than 22 reps, would that make me the winner? Or do I have to do 225 for more than 22 reps?

Lol.

This should be fun either way.

To take the body weight champ you have to perform more than 22 reps with your body weight. To take the all around heaviest you have to perform atleast 226 lbs for atleast 20 reps.

I was wondering when Lorez was going to post… Seems like I am going to be doing a ‘fun’ drop set sunday.

Time to figure out how to record a video then…

Oh. Squatted 190 for 14 + 6 today. (I got lightheaded for about 30 seconds in the middle). ~150lbs bw

There’s a recent/current 20 Rep Challenge Thread in Get a Life:

But this one might have a different turnout here in Beginners. Best of luck, gang. Looking forward to seeing some big work.

[quote]LoRez wrote:
Squatted 190 for 14 + 6 today. (I got lightheaded for about 30 seconds in the middle)[/quote]
… but you got your 20. Nice. :wink:

Thanks Chris will have to look at both

hungry4more: “Other note-able high rep squat sets are 225x50, 135x122, and 155x80. Those all sucked of course.”

That’s insane.

Never really post to forums just read… but since im hoping to hit 1.5x BW for 20 reps in the next 6 weeks or so i’ll go in on this

Atm 162 BW and hit 195x20 tonight

245x20 I did deadlifts monday and squats tuesday, so I wasn’t 100% in my legs. So I went with a lower weight. I never do high reps and it was pretty rough. But it’s a start.

[quote]LoRez wrote:
hungry4more: “Other note-able high rep squat sets are 225x50, 135x122, and 155x80. Those all sucked of course.”

That’s insane.[/quote]

hungry is a machine.

I can’t get video to play but sure it was good. Good lifts to every one so far I am gonna shoot for 240ish on Tuesday but not sure who is gonna video me.

Just put the phone/camera on a box or something. Works for me :slight_smile:

Tried it with 205 after my working set… I was far too burnt out to do anything.

I did 230 and 235 for 20 after my me squats today so I am pretty toast. Will shoot for 245 -250 next Tuesday.