20 Rep Squat Challenge Thread

I think you posted the wrong vid, steel nation

I tried this last month and failed on the 20th rep. I think that I would have gotten it except that my shorts started ripping on the 11th rep. I kept going but since I work in a sports medicine clinic in a childrens hospital which was full of patients at the time, I got a little worried that my ass might be hanging out. As it turns out, it was just half the seam busting and no ass was seen by the children but you can definitely hear the ripping sounds.

And I thought rugby shorts were supposed to be made to last.

[quote]hastalles wrote:
I think you posted the wrong vid, steel nation[/quote]

LOL, yeah thanks. Fixed it.

[quote]hastalles wrote:
Dismal failure. 245 for 16. The camera’s tilted so they’re not quite as shallow as they look.

[/quote]

That was some intensity man. lol. Can I ask why the first few reps you rock your head violently?

[quote]flyhalfnightmare wrote:
I tried this last month and failed on the 20th rep. I think that I would have gotten it except that my shorts started ripping on the 11th rep. I kept going but since I work in a sports medicine clinic in a childrens hospital which was full of patients at the time, I got a little worried that my ass might be hanging out. As it turns out, it was just half the seam busting and no ass was seen by the children but you can definitely hear the ripping sounds.

And I thought rugby shorts were supposed to be made to last.[/quote]

SEE?! Squats give you a fat ass… INSTANTLY!

lol

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

[quote]hastalles wrote:
Dismal failure. 245 for 16. The camera’s tilted so they’re not quite as shallow as they look.

[/quote]

That was some intensity man. lol. Can I ask why the first few reps you rock your head violently? [/quote]

haha, I have no idea. I didn’t know I was doing it until I watched the video. :smiley:

Thanks for the compliment. I’m actually a little disappointed in myself, I don’t think I gave it quite all I had.

Guys i got this i did 135x20 the other, and yeah thats lbs.

Beat that.

This is my best for 20 reps to date, it’s from a while back.

Other note-able high rep squat sets are 225x50, 135x122, and 155x80. Those all sucked of course.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:

Other note-able high rep squat sets are 225x50, 135x122, and 155x80. Those all sucked of course. [/quote]

You always win everything. I might do this … just so you’ll lose.

I’m in , but I think I might only get 225

I won’t be doing this again (gave it a shot for the original widowmaker thread) but here’s some inspiration.

Of course, my favourite part at the end got cut out. When after hitting 98 and collapsing on the ground for a few minutes, he gets back up and unracks the bar in an attempt to get 99 and 100. Unreal.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:
This was month ago, but I changed my routine where I don’t do a widowmaker anymore :confused: I think I’ll implement them again, try to get 315x20 by the end of the year.

Ohh and LOL for me being 100lbs weaker then everyone else so far.

Just to boost your ego.

I’ve stopped doing them for now as well, but I’m looking at running super squats towards the end of the year - hoping to reach 100kg+ on that.

Last night’s bullshit excuse for an attempt (yes I’m aware these are all high):

Rep #16 felt like it took about 10 seconds to complete. Funny how lack of oxygen can fuck with your head.

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
Guys i got this i did 135x20 the other, and yeah thats lbs.

Beat that. [/quote]

LOL, I think I can. 135 x 10.

BEAST MODE!

Other note-able high rep squat sets are 225x50, 135x122, and 155x80. Those all sucked of course. [/quote]

WTF Dude, why would anyone wana do 122x of anything lol. Unless it was getting head. I feel nauseous just reading it.

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
No Crossfitters! everyone else welcome
[/quote]

I seriously doubt any crossfitters are closing in on a 400x20 squat

Awesome, especially because of the form. The video of the 122 would have been interesting lol.

I go 410x15 and follow it with 320x20 here. It was three years ago, but I’ll be 49 in July so I was 46 when I did this. I’m not doing rep work this year, but next year I’ll match(or beat) both sets for my 50th birthday!

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:
I go 410x15 and follow it with 320x20 here. It was three years ago, but I’ll be 49 in July so I was 46 when I did this. I’m not doing rep work this year, but next year I’ll match(or beat) both sets for my 50th birthday!

[/quote]
sweet

My contribution. This was 140x23 done back in February. My max squat is prob 10kg up on what it was at the time, but I’m only weighing about 86kg at the moment so 405x20 would be pushing the boat a bit too far I reckon