20 Rep Deadlift

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
its DC in the sense that you go failure/RP but i see what youre saying.

the only other way ive dead racks or deads is a set of 8, increase weight, 6, +, 4, +, 2

so youd go like 250x8, 300x6, 325x4, 350x2 or something like that.

i like both styles but right now im feeling that training to failure and then some is the best way to train for ectomorphs. its evident through my 30lb gain from DC and also from the Physique Clinic in terms of how Thibs has set up his training for USCTrojan. I also noticed in Thibs intro he talked a lot about static holds, stretching, and slow concentrics which seemed to be very very similar to DC’s methods.[/quote]

Good job with the weight gain Live.

Like I said, if you find that doing deads in that fashion works best for you then keep doing them that way. My recommendation to not refer to it as “DC style” was simply to clarify that this is not how deads are supposed to be performed in the actual DC template, not to necessarily convince you to do them in a different fashion.

[quote]Millerizer130 wrote:
Youd have to use straps or lower the weight which is pointless…[/quote]

How so? Please explain this?

Straps are quit useful when your grip gives out prematurely(especially if you’re not training for powerlifting). And why would lowering the weight for high reps ever be pointless?

In my opinion deads don’t lend themselves well to this king of thing. I’m not going to argue with anybody who does it and likes it, but I wouldn’t deadlift this way.

20 sounds high, I wouldn’t go past 15, or 12.

maybe 20 rep rack pulls? but then again itd be hard to maintain grip without chalk.

As stupid as it sounds, I was doing a program with 50 rep deads, without straps, at about 40 percent of my max. It was my legs that would start to give out first, but my grip was fine. But as mentioned above and by several authors, such a large rep scheme for deads is not a good idea. It’s just too easy to get out of good form.