20+ Pound New PR on ATG Squats

Hello everyone, I am so happy. Let me explain my situation.

I had the flu from mid January to the beggining of March. I lost 10-15 pounds and most of my strength. I went from Squatting ATG 205 for 5 reps to squatting like 155 for 5 reps (after recovering from sickness). In mid march I was doing 185 for 5 reps. I was hoping that I’d reach 205 again today.

Loaded 135, got 10 reps easy.
Then got 175 9 times.
Then I put 205 on and got it 7 times, surprisingly easy. So I put 225 thinking “I’ll probably only get this once”. I went ass to calves for 5 clean reps. I knew I had more in me, but then my form would suffer so I stopped.

nice job! Maybe the time off allowed your CNS to recover even though you might have lost some weight.

Keep doing whatever your doin.

Congrats mate!

Thats a sweet PB for 5reps!

Koing

Thats a long time of being sick! You’re probably feeling like a million bucks now…

[quote]dfreezy wrote:
Thats a long time of being sick! You’re probably feeling like a million bucks now…[/quote]

Yeah, Dead up 20 lbs too, but bench (went 10 pounds less). Eh, I was never too big on benching.

Congrats!

It’s an awesome feeling putting a good amount of extra weight on the bar. About 2 months ago my squat 5RM jumped 20 lbs in 2 sessions. No good explanation really, just goes to show the body works in ways we still…still don’t understand.

Make sure you keep progressing.