20 Point Rise in Total Test After 2 Months, 200mgCyp/Anas a Week

Thanks in advance for anyone reading. I just had labs drawn after 2 months at 200mg/wk inj. Subjectively I’ve noticed results regarding erections/muscle… subtle but noticeable, definitely not gained muscle mass per say, just more cut, better erections. I have changed to a way healthier diet and been religious with my workout routine. No change in mood.
Anyhow my starting total test was like 400, 2 months later and its 420. Doc wants me to move to 200mg every 5 days now and re-test in a month. Compound pharmacy sends me pre-filled cyp with estrogen blocker in it.
Now I work in the medical field and am pretty knowledgeable so me and Doc agreed 200mg a week to start therapy was generous so we’re kinda puzzled why only 20 point improvement. All other labs including estrogen, PSA, TSH were all good “low normal”.
My only thought is per their recommendation I had labs drawn 7 days past last injection and had sex like 3 times the night before as well as drink too much. Labs drawn at 2:00pm… or my other thought is the kid that drew them confused them with someone else since he never even verified my name/dob ect
Any ideas guys? Do you guys think it’s proper to have assumed my total test would have been much higher than 20 point gain? Thanks

Considering its your trough day its probably right. Not sure how much you crashed it by getting drunk the night before but I know that can affect it. That being said Im not sure of the affect it can have on exogenous testosterone. Someone more knowledgable can weigh in on that one.

Here is a graph of your cycle (for lack of a better term):

So as you can see with your supra-physiological dose your highs may be around 3,100 and drop to around 1,100-1,250 on normal trough days. I would redo your labs and behave for the week leading up to it. But that’s me.

What site is that graph from?

http://steroidcalc.com

1 Like

Please post all of your lab work with ranges in list format.
Do not skip “normal”

Eval overall thyroid function via oral body temps - see below.
This is very important as most who come here have some issues, most often from not using [enough] iodized salt.

Do you have a printout of the results from the lab company? Doctor and lab should be able to produce data that is convincing.

A few guys are T hypermetabolizers who need 300mg T per week to get where others are on 100. They then also have a shorter half-life and frequent injections are needed, sometimes EOD.

Please:
self inje* ct T twice a week, subq not IM, with #29 1/2" 0.5ml insulin syringes

• take anastrozole as needed to get near E2=22pg/ml - optimal for almost all guys
  • 250iu hCG sub1q EOD to preserver testes and fertility.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re Thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab numbers and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

A few red flag here, TSH tests thyroid function, not thyroid hormones. The more alcohol your drinking the less effective TRT will be. Alcohol encourages estrogen production and it’s this hormone that inhibits testosterone.

You are most likely a hyper T metaboliser and or hyper excreter. You really need SHBG tested to design a protocol tailored to you which will pretty tell you how often you should be injecting T. Don’t do this and you may never feel your best.

So I talked to the doc on the phone and he said if I’m hesitant about
200mg/Q5 days then stay at once weekly but he doesn’t want to re-draw until
May 23. I mean I’m seeing benefits so I’m not concerned unless I start
getting SE. Just puzzled why theres no correlation between labs and gains
I’ve noticed. Heres the labs I got over the phone that Doc says are best
markers. I’ll pick up a full copy next week. Thanks gentleman for your
advice/comments.
H&H 47.5 [37.5-51]

Estra 27 [7.6-42.6]

PSA 0.9 [0-4]

Test 448 “up from like 430 baseline”

AST 19[0-40] ALT 28 [7-56]