T Nation

$20 Pair O' Farmers

10ft of scrap 2" heavy pipe: 6 2 lbs various scrap steel for handles: .80
2 80lb sacks of concrete: $7
1 8" x 4’ Quik-Tube: $5.49

1 set of kick-ass 90lb(unloaded) FW implements: priceless

its hard to find folks around here who are excited about my new toys…so I thought I’d show-and-tell with you guys.

\m/

~matt

SWEET! Nice job. They look good.

And you just saved over $100.

They’re awesome…

I will be shamelessly ripping off your invention.

I’m a little stuck on the handles you used. Did you fabricate them?

Thanks for sharing.

Good job my man…the best part is that they look like they’re sitting in an office…is that so you can train on break? :wink:

[quote]pparris wrote:

I’m a little stuck on the handles you used. Did you fabricate them?
[/quote]

1" steel pipe welded to 2" flat steel which is welded to the 2" pipe.

\m/

killer … start selling them?

Bastard

Did you cap the quik-tube on each end when you poured the mud in?

[quote]Dr. Banner wrote:
Did you cap the quik-tube on each end when you poured the mud in? [/quote]

I cut the quik-tube in half…cut 4 donut shape wooden caps for the ends…slid the 2" pipes through each tube…capped the ends and taped heavily to secure…cut a 2"x10" hole on the top of each tube into which I inserted the handles I had just welded…welded the handles to the 2" pipe…then poured in the concrete…BOO-YA!!

\m/

[quote]girvinsmith wrote:
Dr. Banner wrote:
Did you cap the quik-tube on each end when you poured the mud in?

I cut the quik-tube in half…cut 4 donut shape wooden caps for the ends…slid the 2" pipes through each tube…capped the ends and taped heavily to secure…cut a 2"x6" hole on the top of each tube into which I inserted the handles I had just welded…welded the handles to the 2" pipe…then poured in the concrete…BOO-YA!!

\m/[/quote]

Thanks man!

Nice. My hats off to you sir. Now I have to build me a set.

Hey my friend, those are the sheeeeit! You da man! But sadly I’m gonna have ta copy your style and tell all my people that I came up with the idea. Just kiddin’. But I really am lovin’ those home-grown FW implements.

Good idea welding the handles directly to the pipes - I’d be a little worried about the concrete integrity after some heavy usage.

Cool toys. May have to make myself a pair, though I’m contemplating ways to make the handle grip interchangable with different size, maybe rotating like a Rolling Thunder…

Having made them, any thoughts on that?

-Dan

What is a quik tube?

test drive with 110kilos per…