T Nation

20 Min Muscle Builder Exercise Change

Hi CT!

I buy a house right now and will have a little time to train due to renovations so I wont to perform your's 20 minute muscle builder (the solutions for 3 days a week) but with thus exercises :
A1. Thrusters
B1. Snatch grip deadlift
C1. Bench press
D1. Row

I want to ask you if this will be got for overall muscle development without causing imbalances? I also want to add some pull ups and front squat but i don't know where? I will be train 2 times per week only.

[quote]Johny3108 wrote:
Hi CT!

I buy a house right now and will have a little time to train due to renovations so I wont to perform your’s 20 minute muscle builder (the solutions for 3 days a week) but with thus exercises :
A1. Thrusters
B1. Snatch grip deadlift
C1. Bench press
D1. Row

I want to ask you if this will be got for overall muscle development without causing imbalances? I also want to add some pull ups and front squat but i don’t know where? I will be train 2 times per week only.[/quote]

Seems fine. I like thrusters. The SGDL is a fine exercise if done right.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
Seems fine. I like thrusters. The SGDL is a fine exercise if done right.[/quote]

Thank you. Is somewhere in this routine place to put also some clean and pull ups?

Couch I’m after first workout it is great. I chose to perform 20 minute muscle builder for low rep guy which you described.
3sets of 5 reps with double progression and then 5 sets of 3 reps with EMOTM style.
But I have trouble witch EMOTM part. I train on small public gym and almost always I train bench press witch 2 even 4 other persons so it’s often difficult to perform EMOTM series. Is other options for this?

[quote]Johny3108 wrote:

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
Seems fine. I like thrusters. The SGDL is a fine exercise if done right.[/quote]

Thank you. Is somewhere in this routine place to put also some clean and pull ups?[/quote]

Cleans at the beginner of the workout… 3 sets of 3-5 reps … pull-ups at the end 30 total reps in as little time as possible… when you can do them in 3 sets, bump it to 40, when you can do them in 3 sets bump it to 50, etc

Thanks for your reply and your time. You have changed my approach to training!!
Do you also have any idea of my problem with what I wrote above? About EMOTM series in muscle builder for low rep guy?

Is this rep scheme ok for the 5 day high frequancy programe i.e 5,1,1,20 20