2 Years Progress

I recently found some older photos that I took before I was lifting regularly. My only lifting experience was through football and some of my own dabbling in the activity. I was decently strong and actually held a few strength records for my weight class and age group for the football team.

Problem was, I was only 145 pounds at 6 foot and 3 inches tall. After high school ended, and I got into college I decided to really put effort into gaining weight and size. So in September of '13 I began eating more, getting in protein, lifting consistently and tracking my progress.

Now under two years later, I’ve added over 100 pounds to all of my main lifts. Added 60 pounds, and I managed to not get fat through that whole time. I’m pretty stable around 205 right now. Sorry for the “selfie-esque” photos. I tried to recreate the first one fairly well to accurately show changes, even though you can’t see my back, or my legs (most jeans don’t fit right anymore anyways)

you’re doing good, kid. Well done

You’re doing well, good job.

Solid work. What are your goals? Training to compete in anything? Just “be big and strong” or looking for a beach physique?

[quote]ActivitiesGuy wrote:
Solid work. What are your goals? Training to compete in anything? Just “be big and strong” or looking for a beach physique?[/quote]

My original goal was to reach 200 pounds, and obviously I’ve reached that. So now it’s pretty much to get bigger and stronger. I’ll cut down eventually to be leaner, but I’ll wait for a while to do that.

Serious improvement. Keep it up.

Very nice progress. Keep growing!

really good work

this is awesome. Your story is very much like mine, except I wasn’t strong in high school, lol. I put on 40 lbs my freshman year of college. Keep up the great work!

Dude, I just realized who you are! I remember you from like 6 or 7 months ago when you weren’t sure if you could add a ton of size to your frame. You’ve made OUTSTANDING progress since last summer!

I also remember you saying something about having to stay under 210 for some reason. Is that still a requirement?

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
Dude, I just realized who you are! I remember you from like 6 or 7 months ago when you weren’t sure if you could add a ton of size to your frame. You’ve made OUTSTANDING progress since last summer!

I also remember you saying something about having to stay under 210 for some reason. Is that still a requirement?[/quote]

Yeah I was about 180-185 pounds in that thread. I really appreciate all the compliments. Extremely motivating. I actually loved reading your advice to other people and I usually always read what youre posting if I’m on this site. So I partially have you to thank.

And I have to stay under 208 to be in the Air Force. But I found out that if you go over they check your BMI and if you are lean enough you’re fine. So I can get as big as I like without worrying about being told to lose weight.

How did you approach your diet? Which foods, how frequently, how many calories? Did you focus more on the scale or the mirror?

[quote]Leonard2580 wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

I also remember you saying something about having to stay under 210 for some reason. Is that still a requirement?[/quote]

Yeah I was about 180-185 pounds in that thread. I really appreciate all the compliments. Extremely motivating. I actually loved reading your advice to other people and I usually always read what youre posting if I’m on this site. So I partially have you to thank.

And I have to stay under 208 to be in the Air Force. But I found out that if you go over they check your BMI and if you are lean enough you’re fine. So I can get as big as I like without worrying about being told to lose weight. [/quote]

Since you are so tall you will be fine, Im not sure if the airforce does the same tape test as the army but I always passed and I was shorter and heavier. I was about 6’1" and 255ish

[quote]LoRez wrote:
How did you approach your diet? Which foods, how frequently, how many calories? Did you focus more on the scale or the mirror?[/quote]

I didn’t have a very strict diet. I live with my parents and I’m in college, so I don’t have the cash to buy excellent foods all the time. I focused on a lot of meats high in protein. Lots of chickens, lots of pastas, fast food every few days for extra calories. I stayed away from super greasy and fatty foods, 90% of the time. No soda, very little junk food like Candy and sweets.

So basically I was focusing more on quantity than quality, but I didn’t get too bad.

I focused on both, the scale going up shows progress to an extent, but I also made sure I wasn’t gaining too much fat. I took a lot of photos and always made sure to see my progress from month to month.

[quote]cparker wrote:

[quote]Leonard2580 wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

And I have to stay under 208 to be in the Air Force. But I found out that if you go over they check your BMI and if you are lean enough you’re fine. So I can get as big as I like without worrying about being told to lose weight. [/quote]

Since you are so tall you will be fine, Im not sure if the airforce does the same tape test as the army but I always passed and I was shorter and heavier. I was about 6’1" and 255ish[/quote]

They actually do a BF% test from what I’ve heard. But I’ve seen guys who are shorter and heavier then me (both more muscular and fatter), so I’m not ok worried about it at this point.

Simply awesome work. You put the time in, lifted and ate like you needed to, and it shows.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Simply awesome work. You put the time in, lifted and ate like you needed to, and it shows.[/quote]

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate the compliment.

Great work.

Thanks