2 Years of Tryin' Hard

what’s wrong with protein supplements ?

[quote]Rippemanewone wrote:
Only thing i do for my back is weighted pull ups, any other exercise excluding rows are useless.

Weighted pull ups and Rows are the mass builders for the back along with dead lifts, yet doing heavy rows are half a dead lift anyways.

[/quote]

Rowing and pull-up variations are staple movements for back development, but using ‘‘single joint’’ movements like shrug and pullover/ lat pulldown variations as pre-fatigue/post fatigue add-ons is very effective for non-novice athletes.

This(mainly pre-fatigue) can be applied to novice trainees with limb(arm) dominance to teach the initiation of big movements like rows and pull ups with scapular retraction/depression instead up flexion at the elbow.

Also, rhomboid development(usually tricky) can be enhanced using fixed elbow cable rowing ‘‘crossover’’ variations especially for arm dominant or advanced trainees.

As far as your physique goes…
at 121 lbs you had nowhere to go but up.
Don’t get too cocky, because, as I’ve told others, don’t let beginner gains get to your head.

Prepare for the road blocks to come(and they will come) with intelligent training, nutrition, rest etc… now. Learn good habits when they are the least consequential and they won’t hold you back later. Take these things for granted now, and they’re likely to blow up your progress when it really counts.

Stay humble.
Good luck.

[quote]cyph31 wrote:
what’s wrong with protein supplements ?[/quote]

Wanted to do it all natural with just food and steel. No enhancments.

So it doesnt even look like i lift? lol

of course it does, you just need to keep lifting and eating consistantly. Hit squats hard.

Lose the avatar. You look F’n retarded.

Your lat development is your strength and this helps the rest of your physique look better. Good progress but you need some more mass overall, especially on the legs.

Looks good. Your lat development is your greatest strength and your squats either need work or you need to get better pics that can represent your legs better. Congrats on the weight gain.

[quote]curtisj76 wrote:
Lose the avatar. You look F’n retarded.[/quote]

Blow it out your ass

Im pretty sure Squats help build mass all over including upper body am i right?

curtisj76 wrote:
Lose the avatar. You look F’n retarded.

Blow it out your ass[/quote]

So are you trying to say you don’t look F’n retarded?

well squats do release more gh into the system, right? or are highly anabolic? ergo squatting will help you get big all over. at least i think i read that somewhere…

cyph31 wrote:

Wanted to do it all natural with just food and steel. No enhancments.[/quote]

Protein shakes are food.

Whey is from cow’s milk - how natural is that?

if thats you in youre avatar im giving you a 10

[quote]e-loo wrote:
Rippemanewone wrote:
cyph31 wrote:

Wanted to do it all natural with just food and steel. No enhancments.

Protein shakes are food.

Whey is from cow’s milk - how natural is that?
[/quote]

Im pretty sure whey isn’t from cows milk… Cows Milk is Casein Protein.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
if thats you in youre avatar im giving you a 10[/quote]

Yes thats me

Cows milk is a blend of fats, carbs, casein protein and whey protein. I think the ratio of casein to whey is 80:20 or so. Whey absolutely does come from milk.

Before and after lol :smiley:

112---------170

By the way i covered my face in the picture because i am embarrassed of the way i looked… i just looked retarded.

Heres another of my back

More