2 Years Lifting. Minimal Success

don’t use imbed, just copy and paste the youtube web address from your browser. It will show up.

that’s obviously a suitable replacement exercise. for the future, please post a full injury history if you’re asking for advice.

and don’t be so anal about the particulars. If all you did for 5 years was bench press, squat, deadlift, and pull ups, you worked your ass off, and you ate well, you’d get great results. You don’t need your hand held, there’s no substitution for hard work.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
that’s obviously a suitable replacement exercise. for the future, please post a full injury history if you’re asking for advice.

and don’t be so anal about the particulars. If all you did for 5 years was bench press, squat, deadlift, and pull ups, you worked your ass off, and you ate well, you’d get great results. You don’t need your hand held, there’s no substitution for hard work.[/quote]

Yeah should of put that in there. Sorry for being so nit picky but I really want to start getting results and ant to make sure I am not fucking myself over.

By the way I am not very knowledgeable on the why to do certain exercises, out of pure curiosity why do decline version of cgbp? Won’t that put emphasis on the chest? does it create a better position to isolate the triceps more?

unless you’re sustaining serious injuries in the gym, there’s no way to fuck yourself over. Some programs may not be as efficient as others, but lifting weights with a progressive overload has always and will always work.

For me, I make sure I flare the elbows on the decline cgbp. I think that shortening the movement, which is what decline does, helps to isolate the triceps well. It’s not a fully isolated movement, but it doesn’t need to be for effectiveness. Cgbp in general is a great triceps builder.

Hey guys did the first workout today. kept to the rest times prescribed and tried to ramp properly, my tricep were still sore and it affected my lifts a bit but overall I did OK.

I could not do barbell calf raises or seated raises as the rack was being used and we don’t have a seated calf raise so I did all the sets on the leg press. Unsure of my form but my calves were pumped, had like 200kg on and it was really light, was I doing something wrong?

Did the back workout today, not sure how I did, no real pump in my back and massive ones in my arms. I dropped the weight and did perfect form too so I am puzzled.

I enjoy the lay out of this program though and dropping the weight i felt barbell rows in my back for the first time ever.

I will look good naked !!!

Wow did the leg workout today seriously wtf thought I was going to die!

However the hamstring curl machine at my gym just hurt my shins, it is a sitting up one though not lying down.

Did the RDL and heavy leg presses and was already spent By the time I got to squats. I did like 1ox40kg like 8x50kg and then 6x50kg. and seeing as we had no hack squat and all the bars were taken did 3 sets leg press. My legs were so weak I could barely lift 2 plates each side and I was shaking all over.

keep it up!

Why do you do leg presses and then squats? The reverse seems better since leg presses are usually better for a finisher (less chance for a form breakdown and cheating).

Many, many people do leg presses before squats. It’s a safe way to open up the hips/ warm up before squatting. Remember Silyak, this is a bodybuilding program. Lifting heavy weights is not the goal here. So form breakdown is not the hugest concern. If your conditioning is where it should be, you won’t have to worry about that anyway.

Ok tomorrow is arms and I am not sure what to do, all the tricep exercises I can’t really do apart from the cgbp and the new set out at the gym means I will have a hard time superset ring as the workout stations are spread up and downstairs.

Might have to just copy the template and add exercises that work and can superset.

Thursday

Supersets

3x10-12
Decline elbows flared cgbp
Barbell curls
4x10-12
Cable behind head skull crushers
Bench spider curls
3x10-12
Tricep push downs
Rope hammer curls

3x15
Leg raises
3x15
Strict weight behind head sit-ups

Thinking of doing these replacements

looks fine.

you don’t have dumbbells?

Ok guys I did what i could in my shitty gym. On a side note why are the big guys at the gym such cunts, some dude was using 2 of the 3 oly bars to himself in the squat rack… Wtf!

Ok I did this with vacant machines I could superset. Then it got really busy so last superset was just split into individual exercises. Didn’t do much an work because my glutes, lower back, hamstrings, quads and entire back is dying from doms.

Thursday

Supersets

3x10-12
Cable skulls
1.12@17.5 too easy
2.8@25kg
3.8@22.5kg
Barbell curls
1.12@20kg
2.12@20kg
3.12@20kg
4x10-12
Decline cgbp
1.12@40kg
2.10@60kg
3.6@60kg
Barbell curls
1.10@25kg
2.6@25kg
3.10@20kg
3x10-12

Non supersets
Tricep push downs
1.17.5@12
2.20kg@12
3.20kg@6
4.17.5@7
5. 12@12.5kg

EZ preacher curls
1.12@5kg and bar
2.9@5kg+bar
3.4@5kg plus bar
4.6@5kg+ bar
5.7@5kg plus 'bar

Overhead standing rope ext
1.12@10kg
2.8@10kg
3.6@10kg

3x15
Crunches

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
looks fine.

you don’t have dumbbells?[/quote]

Yeah but they are on another floor so can’t superset and they moan bout me taking them.

They also stopped me using chalk :frowning: ghey gym

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
looks fine.

you don’t have dumbbells?[/quote]

Yeah but they are on another floor so can’t superset and they moan bout me taking them.

They also stopped me using chalk :frowning: ghey gym

You don’t really need chalk for anything in this program. I don’t use it right now. I only use chalk for heavy lifting. Straps make more sense for high reps if the weight is hard to hold.

I don’t think using 2 barbells at once has anything to do with the guy being big. I’ve never seen this done in 10 years of lifting. By anyone, big or small.

I would suggest for one of your supersets on arms day, you use dumbbells. Probably your last one. You could do alternate dumbbell curls, supersetted with lying tricep extensions with db’s. you could probably even use the same weights for both exercises. I like this combo myself. Arms definitely respond well to dumbbell use, so see if you can make that happen.

Not sure if my arms workout was a success, the day after back day leg day chest day all of them left me with severe DOMS that I still have, walking up and down the stairs is a nightmare, my glutes and quads and hams are so so sore.

My biceps and triceps are not sore…yet.

Wow this shoulder workout is insane. I have never felt such a crazy pump or burn.

I love the standing cableX my rear delts were throbbing in and out. I went super light because my shoulders are really weak and I want to keep good form rather than douing what I always end up dping and ego lifting