2 Years in Prison - A Man's Story

Fuck. I couldn’t imagine that shit. Thank god I don’t do anything that could get me thrown in prison.

[quote]markdp wrote:
Fuck. I couldn’t imagine that shit. Thank god I don’t do anything that could get me thrown in prison.[/quote]

There is always mistaken identity buddy.

we got a former cop who was caught with some bank robberies (late night after closing), heard he just got 2.5 yrs.

guess his time starts soon, but he’s still coming into the gym working out (huge guy, think close to PX size). I can’t imagine waiting to go to prison, the gym would be least of my worries (though, I guess it pays to keep your size).

I’d be crying like a baby all day

[quote]markdp wrote:
Fuck. I couldn’t imagine that shit. Thank god I don’t do anything that could get me thrown in prison.[/quote]

They have recently released over 200 people who probably said the same thing due to the shortcomings of our own judicial system.

Just read the whole thing. Damn good read.

for those who wonder just how deep the rabbit hole goes: http://www.streetgangs.com/topics/2005/020405ab.html

“How exactly do you deter prisoners serving long sentences from continuing to terrorize and kill? Here were cunning, intelligent and very, very pissed-off men who had no intention of leaving prison but instead consolidated their power within it.”

EDIT - original source: http://www.laweekly.com/2005-02-03/news/who-ll-stop-the-reign/

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=136858

Ever since watching Gangland on the History channel,Ive always been intrested in Prison Culture and Crime in the US. This is an extremely long read but its amazingly detailed and a awesome read for people that are interested in Prison Life. Heres an excerpt;

"They’ve cracked down on plastic toothbrushes, but there used to be enough of them that a lot of guys have them stashed away. You can file down the ends on the concrete to a point. One guy wraped a t-shirt around the kid’s neck and lifted him off the ground from behind, and the other starts stabbing his gut. After a few stabs, he starts trying to get his fingers inside and he just pulls all this meat out. I thought he was going to pull out his intestines like you’d see in a horror movie, but instead, he just pulls out fist after fist of this yellow jelly shit, and then big hunks of meat like raw mince. Screw’s arrived and tasered everyone. Even the kid. He was on his side, right in front of my cell, and every jolt from the taser made the big hole in his stomach smoke. "[/quote]

Haha I love how this is on a “Starcraft Programming News Community”.
[/quote]

It was originally posted on 99chan or something like that and has been reposted all over the internet on other forums. If you Google it, it comes up all over the place. I think the original thread on 99chan was deleted for one reason or another.

Here’s a book written by a guy who did a 3 year stint in a Tijuana jail until he could prove his innocence.

Crazy. A very-real look into what it’s really like behind bars.

Only thing is that some of it doesn’t ring true. Not the prison violence and shit, but this guy claims he did 18 months and he needed to have gay sex?

He’s straight, but can’t go a year and 1/2 without sex, so much so that he has sex with his cellmate? There are some other inconsistences as well. It’s a great read, but I wonder how much of it actually happened to the author. I read the whole thing, and some of it just doesn’t quite ring true.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
Only thing is that some of it doesn’t ring true. Not the prison violence and shit, but this guy claims he did 18 months and he needed to have gay sex?

He’s straight, but can’t go a year and 1/2 without sex, so much so that he has sex with his cellmate? There are some other inconsistences as well. It’s a great read, but I wonder how much of it actually happened to the author. I read the whole thing, and some of it just doesn’t quite ring true.
[/quote]

How doesn’t it ring true?

They took ecstasy and were probably already messed up before that (based on what he said)

Thanks for the link… it was a great read.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[/quote]
I’m not sure about that part but some of it seems a bit unbelievable. Like when the guy was getting shanked and his guts pulled out, why did the hole in his stomach start smoking when he was getting tasered? I’ve seen people get tasered and it does not seem that the heat would get that high inside someone’s body to make it start smoking.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[/quote]

It sounds like ecstacy makes you gay

[quote]angry chicken wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
AC,

Did you have a sort of breakdown the first time you went to a public place ? The store, mall, market, anywhere there were alot of people and noise? I damn near lost it at the food court mall the day I got out. [/quote]

Yeah. I STILL get a little paranoid in public places with a lot of people sometimes. You think that everyone walking behind you is gonna put a knife in you if they get too close. I got lucky as shit - someone actually got close enough to “rag doll” me, but missed my spine and the ice-pick stuck in the muscles in my neck instead. Another time one was going for my kidneys, but I “sensed it” and got my arm in the way - ended up with a shank in the bottom of my tricep through my elbow capsule and out the inside of my forearm. That hurt. I’m starting to have problems with that elbow now with my pressing movements.[/quote]

Just out of curiosity, what prompted these attacks? Did you get mixed up in gang rivalry shit etc. or were you literally just minding your own business and then some asshole comes up behind you for no reason and sticks you? I’ve always wondered about this shit…usually in normal society people get fucked up for some reason or another, even if that reason is simply that someone wants their wallet. In prison I can’t think of many reasons other than you got beef with someone OR they want to rape you.

The guy that tried to rag doll me owed me money. That happened a few times. It’s cheaper to kill someone than pay them. A few times they came at me because they felt disrespected and we couldn’t settle the beef right there because there were too many CO’s around. I didn’t get messed up with any gangs - I paid off who I had to pay off to do business, but I was never directly affiliated.

I appreciate the transparency the guy shows in his writing, but did notice a few nuances. In the beginning he says that he hasn’t seen his parents since he got out, but then he says he went to his parent’s house after he got out but they said he couldn’t stay til he was clean. Maybe there was a time lapse, who knows. Still an interesting read.

[quote]angry chicken wrote:
The guy that tried to rag doll me owed me money. That happened a few times. It’s cheaper to kill someone than pay them. A few times they came at me because they felt disrespected and we couldn’t settle the beef right there because there were too many CO’s around. I didn’t get messed up with any gangs - I paid off who I had to pay off to do business, but I was never directly affiliated.

[/quote]

what kind of exercise and diet did you have?

Also, How did you manage to overcome your ex-con background to get a job? I'm aware you went into business on your own but did you do it straight out of prison or after saving up from  many piece of shit jobs?

[quote]crimson_lily wrote:
I appreciate the transparency the guy shows in his writing, but did notice a few nuances. In the beginning he says that he hasn’t seen his parents since he got out, but then he says he went to his parent’s house after he got out but they said he couldn’t stay til he was clean. Maybe there was a time lapse, who knows. Still an interesting read.[/quote]
Yeah that too. Regardless you can tell that a lot of it is true, because someone can’t just spit out that much bullcrap without any previous knowledge of prison life.

i wasted all day at work reading that thread. then i was disappointed to find out that some/most was fake. but a good way to waste time…