2 Weeks of Two-A-Days

Great thread, I’ll be in a similar boat Dec 15-Dec 30.

How did your knees, elbows, and shoulders feel squatting and benching twice a day? Yes I realize the 2nd session is light.

in summer 2010 I trained twice a day for 4 days straight on a keto. Also was playing rec league slow pitch.

Probably one of the worst decisions I’ve made in my life to this point -lol

I noticed that if form is off your joints can start to take a beating so you want your form to be on at all times. (not that it should be off but if you dont have the best form all that repetition can add up).

Other than that i have encountered no problems

On the nutrition side. You will want your carbs high and you will also have two “windows”. So carbs and cals high and dont neglect workout nutrition for either one. I have noticed that if i do slam a huge meal after my first workout it can effect the second one. So normally i do a pre wokrout meal intra workotu shake and post workout meal for workout 1 but keep everything a bit smaller. For the second everythign is the same except the post workout meal is huge and then i basically eat for 2-3hrs after that meal until i go to bed.

Did two a days for months and made better progress. My heavy workout was in the afternoon. Morning was about volume and less rest between exercises.

Doing 2 a days now for the past few weeks…definitely seeing some results…Heavy in the afternoon, pump stuff at night, same muscle group.

I usually do antagonist groups. Chest a.m Back p.m

I liked the same muscle group thing tho. Planning on trying it once I’ve finished my run of IBB.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]eightohfive wrote:
with “option 1” would you guys recommend doing it “total” body, or split days between upper and lower?[/quote]

??

Do a body part split.

Chest am/chest pm
Back am/back pm
etc.

you think you can do a total body workout two times a day for multiple days in a row?

That doesnt make a bit of sense. [/quote]

Right. Exactly, that was option #2. Which split upper/lower into AM and PM. More strength oriented.

OP I like a push/pull/leg personally for that. BP split would work well too I imagine, but I get a bit bored with that.

push compound am/ chest/shoulder/tri isolation pm
pull am/back bicep isolation pm
squat-dl-gm am/leg isolation pm

or something like that.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Did two a days for months and made better progress. My heavy workout was in the afternoon. Morning was about volume and less rest between exercises.[/quote]

Yeah that can work really well too. I like heavy stuff first, but I think it depends largely on the time of day you can train—I had some hours to get up and “awake” before my first sessions, so I could pull heavy. If you have a hugely busy schedule like yours X, and have to train right when you wake up, I’d rather do pump/isolation stuff that doesn’t require immense focus or drive…cuz I’d kill mysself on accident doing heavy stuff 20 minutes after waking up. I’m a zombie.

^thanks for all the tips. counting down the days 'til i get to kick the shit out of myself! haha

M/W/F
morning
Squat: 5x6
leg ext, 5x6
Chinup, 4xfailure
incline Bench, 4x9

evening
Deadlift, 10x6
bench, 5x9
DB Row, 5x9
shoulder work 4x9

T/Th
front squats, 5x6
dips, failure
db seated press, 4x9
guillotine, 4x9
Boxing

hurry, advice?!

You’re hitting each bodypart daily? If so seems retarded and an easy way to burn out and regress fast.

it’s utilizing poliquin’s supper accumulation program, 2 weeks of suck

push am, pull pm
squat/dl am, extensions/curls pm
??

I dont like it at all, your over complicating this. Just do a body part split or upper/lower. Heavy in one session, pump the other. Pretty simple.

please keep us updated on the results

[quote]Malaka79 wrote:
I dont like it at all, your over complicating this. Just do a body part split or upper/lower. Heavy in one session, pump the other. Pretty simple.[/quote]

Agreed

doing the totaly body 2x a day like i laid out above, poliquin and Waterbury both give decent templates and contend that it will bring results. Gonna try it, risks bring rewards i suppose. i’ll let you all know how it goes.