2 vs 1 Road Rage Fight

Just a little something for “real” discussion. The hell with theory and bullshit about 6 vs. 1 fantasy crap.

I already read the heavyweight Versus thread and it chills me what I could get into if I got pissed at some people enough.

Ah yes, and THAT, dear friends, is how the shit goes down.

Dude’s friends stay out… until it looks like he’s losing, and then in they come. And once you’re on the ground… game is over.

And I dig the Drake soundtrack as well. Dude’s got taste.

Wait, where were the 27 ninja monkeys with machine guns?

Damn I didn’t know the black guy was a former UFC Heavyweight, oh wait now I can see it with his awesome front kicks.

What’s almost as disgusting as the jumping itself is this clown recorded the whole thing and didn’t raise a finger. Don’t know the story, don’t know who started what, and for all I know red shirt deserved the beating, but sitting idley by as a downed man takes unmolested kicks to the head is fuckin’ chicken shit. That dude should be ashamed.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
What’s almost as disgusting as the jumping itself is this clown recorded the whole thing and didn’t raise a finger. Don’t know the story, don’t know who started what, and for all I know red shirt deserved the beating, but sitting idley by as a downed man takes unmolested kicks to the head is fuckin’ chicken shit. That dude should be ashamed.[/quote]

I thought the same…but then I realized that’s asking too much in this society. I’m sure the guy recording wasn’t the only person in proximity. Sounded like a busy road/hwy.

[quote]sardines12 wrote:
Glossolalia [/quote]

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

Dude’s friends stay out… until it looks like he’s losing, and then in they come. And once you’re on the ground… game is over.[/quote]

At 0:54 “Red shirt” had chance to get up from the ground…but was met with kick he never saw coming from guy behind him.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
What’s almost as disgusting as the jumping itself is this clown recorded the whole thing and didn’t raise a finger. Don’t know the story, don’t know who started what, and for all I know red shirt deserved the beating, but sitting idley by as a downed man takes unmolested kicks to the head is fuckin’ chicken shit. That dude should be ashamed.[/quote]

… So I’m walking on the street one day, on my way back home from the grocery store, minding my own business, when I see three men in an altercation.

Two of the men are friends (with a third taking a backseat), and the other eggs them on and willingly makes said altercation physical. I watch as the aforementioned duo gain the upper hand and beat the shit out of him. Do I:

a) whip out a camera and record that shit for the cops and youtube.
b) sit back and watch the show. Perhaps call the cops and intervene if things get severely out of hand (curb stomped to death).
c) barge in and defend a man, and a stranger, who willingly entered into a physical conflict, putting myself at risk.

Before you answer, note that I’m not a masked superhero vigilante and make it a habit of not needlessly involving myself in violence. I also have a healthy fear of getting stabbed and shot.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

Dude’s friends stay out… until it looks like he’s losing, and then in they come. And once you’re on the ground… game is over.[/quote]

At 0:54 “Red shirt” had chance to get up from the ground…but was met with kick he never saw coming from guy behind him. [/quote]

He was clearly a white belt in BJJ. I’m sure if he was a blue belt AND a HW MMA fighter he would have easily been able to pull guard on a guy with five others surrounding him. Afterall, none of those guys know Jew-Jitsu or how to throw a proper jab and straight-right combo… yeah.

If will be good to hear from the “Pro” side of the 6 on 1 debate, just watch this and learn something about real life. As I stated earlier, 6 on 1 is death staring you in the face.

Dude, you guys are taking this way too seriously. It was just a fun hypothetical…And in my defense, Alistair Overeem did beat up 6 security guards a few years back, sending 4 to the ER, after his little bro was clubbed in the face with a flashlight and then jumped by the guards. Probably the closest real world anecdote to the conditions of the scenario I set forth.

And by average guys, I actually did mean average guys. Not a bunch of local tough guys who roll in a group jumping a fighter outside a bar, backing each other up and working as a unit. Literally the average American. 5-10 tall. 185 lbs. Overweight but not quite medically obese. Goes to the gym occasionally and can rep no more than 135 lbs on the bench press with good form. Would curl up and start crying after being punched hard once in the face. Extremely uncoordinated and would probably do more shirt-grabbing than actual damage.

[quote]Heroic Wolf wrote:
Dude, you guys are taking this way too seriously. It was just a fun hypothetical…And in my defense, Alistair Overeem did beat up 6 security guards a few years back, sending 4 to the ER, after his little bro was clubbed in the face with a flashlight and then jumped by the guards. Probably the closest real world anecdote to the conditions of the scenario I set forth.

And by average guys, I actually did mean average guys. Not a bunch of local tough guys who roll in a group jumping a fighter outside a bar, backing each other up and working as a unit. Literally the average American. 5-10 tall. 185 lbs. Overweight but not quite medically obese. Goes to the gym occasionally and can rep no more than 135 lbs on the bench press with good form. Would curl up and start crying after being punched hard once in the face. Extremely uncoordinated and would probably do more shirt-grabbing than actual damage. [/quote]
dog that’s not the real world, in the real world a dude like Irish would tear off Reem’s dick and his bros would come behind him and butt rape him

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

At 0:54 “Red shirt” had chance to get up from the ground…but was met with kick he never saw coming from guy behind him. [/quote]

Ayup.

Of course he bought THAT ticket, so he gets to take the ride.

That looked like “consensual” combat to me. It had all the markings of “I’ll take you all on…” and red shirt was doing ok, until he wasn’t.

Still, he was far from an unwilling participant. More like “play stupid games, win stupid prizes.”

Regards,

Robert A

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

I thought the same…but then I realized that’s asking too much in this society. I’m sure the guy recording wasn’t the only person in proximity. Sounded like a busy road/hwy. [/quote]

I am not so sure about that.

Just going from the video everyone wanted “in” on that particular stupidity and the “could be a murder” beating didn’t exactly go on for hours. I won’t judge someone too harshly for not immediately leaping into the frey.

Hell, aside from the actual physical risk of volunteering to be outnumbered 3 to 1 (2 if Mr. Camera’s driver is in) there is the legal side. I don’t know where this was shot (Cali plates?) but getting into a situation where you have to injure others isn’t all blondes and blowjobs, especially if you don’t have a badge and the attached qualified immunity and indemnification against civil liability.

My only unqualified criticism is the whole “get up dude.”/start tugging on the guys arm strategy. The attackers had left. Put hazard lights on. Keep him still, hold c-spine if you are comfortable. Call 911/EMT and just talk to him.

Regards,

Robert A

[quote]batman730 wrote:
Wait, where were the 27 ninja monkeys with machine guns? [/quote]

There were tons of ninja monkeys in the video.

You just couldn’t see them.

Cause’ they are ninja.

Regards,

Robert A

[quote]Robert A wrote:

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

I thought the same…but then I realized that’s asking too much in this society. I’m sure the guy recording wasn’t the only person in proximity. Sounded like a busy road/hwy. [/quote]

Just going from the video everyone wanted “in” on that particular stupidity and the “could be a murder” beating didn’t exactly go on for hours. I won’t judge someone too harshly for not immediately leaping into the frey.

Hell, aside from the actual physical risk of volunteering to be outnumbered 3 to 1 (2 if Mr. Camera’s driver is in) there is the legal side. I don’t know where this was shot (Cali plates?) but getting into a situation where you have to injure others isn’t all blondes and blowjobs, especially if you don’t have a badge and the attached qualified immunity and indemnification against civil liability.

My only unqualified criticism is the whole “get up dude.”/start tugging on the guys arm strategy. The attackers had left. Put hazard lights on. Keep him still, hold c-spine if you are comfortable. Call 911/EMT and just talk to him.

Regards,

Robert A[/quote]

Several times I’ve seen cops wait until a fight settled down to intervene, if it was just one squad car. That’s why in the video Irish posted in the other forum I had to give props to the guy that kept trying to stop the fight.

To Boss’ defense the guy could have used his phone to call, rather than to video.

[quote]Robert A wrote:

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

Regards,

Robert A[/quote]

We were on same page with that assessment. I just made the notion that it’s not that simple as “helping” someone in that situation…i.e…and most won’t these days. But yeah…incidents like that…just call 911.