2 PR's! Squat and Bench!

So I decided to give WSFSB III a try in May. At the time I had a bench max of 225 and squat max of 335 at 170lbs.
My goal was to hit a 275 bench and 405 squat before I turn 19 (Tomorrow).
So tuesday was my ME leg day and I finally got 405!

Today I decided to max out on bench before my b-day and got the 275. I was pretty damn psyched.
I weighed in today at 192. I have to thank WSFSB and SURGE!

I also decided to eat everything in sight between then and now, which seemed to have helped.

Thankfully I haven’t gained too much bf.
So yeah, I decided to make a thread because i’m damn proud.

in June you decided to try something in May? Time Machine?!?

Seriously though that’s impressive. The fact you gained 22lbs in 3 months is most impressive of all.

Incredible progress! well done!

Sooo…
After I hit those PR’s, i set the goal of benching 315 and squatting 455 by Christmas. I had ordered myself some more Surge, Metabolic Drive, Metabolic Drive bars, and Flameout to get started with this goal.

Well… Last thursday I had surgery on my eyes. I asked the doctor about heavy lifting and he said none of that for up to 4 weeks!
Obviously i’m not going to argue with the doc, but this sucks pretty bad. He said for me not to do any kind of exercise for 2 weeks, but for the next 2 weeks to keep it pretty light. Light enough to where i’m not straining my eyes much is pretty damn light i’m guessing.

I was thinking of hitting WSFSBIII again ASAP.
How much can 4 weeks of no heavy lifting affect someone?
Are these goals long gone? What kind of stuff can I do that’s light?

Exercise, especially heavy squatting, can increase intraocular pressure big time, so I’d definitely follow your doctor’s advice 100%.

It’s funny you achieved EXACTLY what I am trying to achieve right now, Just that I am a few years older and I got up to these lifts doing WS4SB III for 15 weeks. My lifts are currently 225 bench and 335 squat at 180 lbs. I am aiming for 275 and 405 also.

Can you give details of your WS4SB III workout. What exercises did you pick etc.

Thanks

good job man!
keep grindin’! (after recovering from surgery).

[quote]Fluid wrote:
It’s funny you achieved EXACTLY what I am trying to achieve right now, Just that I am a few years older and I got up to these lifts doing WS4SB III for 15 weeks. My lifts are currently 225 bench and 335 squat at 180 lbs. I am aiming for 275 and 405 also.

Can you give details of your WS4SB III workout. What exercises did you pick etc.

Thanks

[/quote]

A typical week looked a little like this…
Monday - ME upper
A) BB bench - 3rm
B) BB Incline - 3x15
C1) Chest supported rows - 3x8
C2) Rear delt flies - 3x8
D1) DB shrugs - 3x15
D2 (sometimes) - DB shoulder press 3x6
Depending how I felt, a few sets of arms after

Tuesday - ME lower
A) Back squat - work up with 5 reps, then 3 reps. Then I usually always maxed out
B) Bulgarian Split Squat DB - 4x8 each leg
C) Romanian deadlift with DB - 4x8
Sometimes I would throw in some calf work at the end, but those 3 exercises killed me

Thursday - Rep Upper
A) BB Bench press - started with 3 sets of max reps with 185, then 205
B1) BW Pullups - 4x6
B2) Rear Delt flies - 4x8
C1) DB Lateral raises - 4x12
C2) DB Shrugs - 4x12
Sometimes did arm work, but hardly ever worked on grip

I didn’t do much of the DE lower, but I did play basketball alot. I could touch a basketball rim at the beginning of WS4SB, at the end I was dunking.

I made small changes to the original template, and I would do the exercises listed above pretty much week in and week out. Didn’t see a need to change anything since I was hitting PR’s every week.

Congratulations.

I wish I had a 400 squat when I was 19. Hell, I wish I had a 400 squat now.

Post this shit on defrancostraining.com